Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I would probably be open to the Leafs 2018 1st and a 2nd for Tanev, depending on who is available at the spot or if we had another trade lined up to get that pick into the top 15. Canucks need to rebuild right and with the Sedins gone, I really think it’s time to move Tanev for assets to help us get back on track.

member 105785

So your saying Tanev breaks bones & gets concussions in the 2nd half of long flights?

I'm saying when you are constantly flying and travelling your body doesn't rest properly. When a stroll through the western conference involves 3 different time zones and switching between them seemingly willy-nilly, yes it takes a toll.

60f062af99c17c1167502415ddbbdc0a.png

Remember that the line dividing the "west" is between Chicago and Detroit, if New Jersey had a tour of the Eastern Conference, it's under 1.5hr flight to Detroit, Columbus, Pitts, Phi, Carolina, Washington, New York, Long Island, Montreal, Boston, Buffalo, Toronto and Ottawa however the only teams within 1.5 hrs of Vancouver are Calgary and Edmonton and they are in a different time zone so they lose even more time compared to the East who is entirely in a single time zone.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
How about: Elias Pettersson

For: 2018 1st, Kapanen, 2019 4th/change it for any non Liljegren prospect if you feel it isn't enough.

Fair?

This makes zero sense. That could be potential value for Tanev, albeit without injures. Remember the value that Marner and Nylander had prior to their debuts? Yeah, that's how we value Pettersson.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Dim Jim has big plans for the leagues ****tiest team. We Leafs fans have been there, you're right. Enjoy your time in the gutter.

I mean we first off aren’t the leagues worst team. Second off we actually have a pretty good collection of young players and a lot of cap space. He’s made his mistakes, but Benning has made some really good moves and made some really good picks. And before you bring up Virtanen, that was one pick

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I mean we first off aren’t the leagues worst team. Second off we actually have a pretty good collection of young players and a lot of cap space. He’s made his mistakes, but Benning has made some really good moves and made some really good picks. And before you bring up Virtanen, that was one pick

Juolevi's future's not looking bright, either. :(

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Horvat, Pettersson and Boeser are looking like good picks. Just a few more like that.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Horvat, Pettersson and Boeser are looking like good picks. Just a few more like that.

Horvat is going to be the captain next season. I’d say he’s past the point of “looking” like a good pick. Also Baertschi, Gaudette, Lind, Dahlen, Juolevi, Brisebois, Jasek, Demko. Plus others like Palmu, Brassard, Lockwood and Gadjovich. Lotta talent

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Let's not scoff at Virtanen.

Yes, he's a terrible pick relative to the overall draft position, but he's now shown he can play in this league as a bottom 6 forward. Jake showed significant improvement compared to where his development was last year. He also has some tapped offensive potential.

Reactions: Index

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Let's not scoff at Virtanen.

Yes, he's a terrible pick relative to the overall draft position, but he's now shown he can play in this league as a bottom 6 forward. Jake showed significant improvement compared to where his development was last year. He also has some tapped offensive potential.

Also true. But you knew leaf fans would point out Nylander. Which is a fair thing to point out

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Obviously Nylander>>>Virtanen.

With that said, I see no reason why Virtanen can't have a Booth like career moving forward.

Oh I totally agree. Someone in the media (Botchford I think) pointed out that he was playing so much more confidently. Bert wasn’t exactly dominant at Jakes age either.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Did we actually settle on a fair price? Or is it just ridiculousness....

Borgman and 1 was my offer.
Would also do Brown instead.
Or 1, 2,3 probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->