Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Tanev would be the perfect D to add to the Leafs and make them take a next step. Underrated by Leaf fans.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Tanev and Edler do. Gudbranson does not. And idk maybe the reason the Leafs GAA was better is because Andersen is a million times better than Markstrom and Nilsson

So now it's Andersen that saved the Leafs. Actually McIllerny had better stats that Andersen. Stop pumping the Canucks Dmen. Yea Tanev might be than Polak and Carrick, but he is hardly a difference maker. Leafs could probably spend 4.4m a lot better than giving up assets and trying to get Tanev to play 60 games a year for the next two of his contract. I would just like to a trade to another NHL team that values Tanev. Seems that Tanev can only be traded to the Leafs. Gotta be a market for a player to create demand, but seems there is no one at this website than can create a trade for Tanev to a non Leaf team.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
So now it's Andersen that saved the Leafs. Actually McIllerny had better stats that Andersen. Stop pumping the Canucks Dmen. Yea Tanev might be than Polak and Carrick, but he is hardly a difference maker. Leafs could probably spend 4.4m a lot better than giving up assets and trying to get Tanev to play 60 games a year for the next two of his contract. I would just like to a trade to another NHL team that values Tanev. Seems that Tanev can only be traded to the Leafs. Gotta be a market for a player to create demand, but seems there is no one at this website than can create a trade for Tanev to a non Leaf team.

Well first off, a Leafs fan made this. Second, McElhinney played 18 games while Andersen played 66. Trying to say that McElhinney had better stats in 48 less games is ridiculous. I’ve watched every second of the Leafs-Bruins series, if you don’t think Tanev and Edler are upgrades over almost your entire defense I don’t know what to tell you.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Well first off, a Leafs fan made this. Second, McElhinney played 18 games while Andersen played 66. Trying to say that McElhinney had better stats in 48 less games is ridiculous. I’ve watched every second of the Leafs-Bruins series, if you don’t think Tanev and Edler are upgrades over almost your entire defense I don’t know what to tell you.

I would suggest that you had watched the Leafs more than 2 games this year instead of making a uninformed decision on how "bad" the Leaf defence is. Your just been a homer thinking a out of playoff team and their defence is so much better team that had a hundred points. Stop living in the past about Tanev and Elder, they just aren't worth giving up good assets for short term gain. Unfortunately my cable package hasn't allowed me to see the first two Vancouver playoff games so I could compare the defence core for both teams.
You brought the point about Andersen being a saviour for the Leafs. My point was that the Leafs always won with McBackup. Any knowledgeable hockey fan knows that goaltending isn't going to carry a team for 82 games.
Seem like blatant homerism and/or trolling on your part in this conversation. .

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I would suggest that you had watched the Leafs more than 2 games this year instead of making a uninformed decision on how "bad" the Leaf defence is. Your just been a homer thinking a out of playoff team and their defence is so much better team that had a hundred points. Stop living in the past about Tanev and Elder, they just aren't worth giving up good assets for short term gain. Unfortunately my cable package hasn't allowed me to see the first two Vancouver playoff games so I could compare the defence core for both teams.
You brought the point about Andersen being a saviour for the Leafs. My point was that the Leafs always won with McBackup. Any knowledgeable hockey fan knows that goaltending isn't going to carry a team for 82 games.
Seem like blatant homerism and/or trolling on your part in this conversation. .

I never ever said that our defense is better. Our defense is horrible, Tanev and Edler are not the problem though. I also never said the Canucks were a better team. And great, maybe the Leaf defense was solid for 82 games. But the games are at their most important and in the first two of those, the Leafs defense was dominated

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Tanev would be a great fit for the Leafs. To make a step the Leafs need to upgrade the D. I don't see how that is deniable.

Kapanen & a 1st isn't an unreasonable price from the Leafs at all, they keep Liljegren and the defense gets a big upgrade. Rielly & Gardiner are good players but they need to be surrounded alot better.

From a Vancouver POV the 1st is great to get, but I wonder about not getting a young D back. If the Canucks are getting a prospect back in a Tanev trade realistically we don't really need another winger (Goldobin/Virtanen/Dahlen/Leipsic/Granlund/Boeser/Baertschi/Petterson to start/Lind/Motte/exc), but you can't complain about getting Kapanen back aside from that, and it is good value, so you gotta weigh that and maybe you turn a W into something else down the road.

I think the Canucks would rather Dermott or Liljegren but I'm sure the Leafs aren't looking to move those guys. Overall Tanev to Toronto for a 1st+ makes alot of sense. Injuries are understandably a concern.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Tanev isn’t a 1D. Let’s be realistic. Hes a 2/3/4 guy. Perfect compliment to a puck mover on a top pairing or the second pairing. Not the main guy.

Tanev is like a 2/3 D. I never heard someone say Tanev will be a perfect compliment to a puck mover. If you are indicating Tanev can't move the puck becuase of his stats. Then you are 100% wrong. Tanev can move the puck out of his own zone really well. That's one of strength. It depends how you rank 1st and 2nd pairing. Most likely Tanev will not have the most ice time because he doesn't play the pp. But can carry a defense pairing and play against top lines.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Whether you want/need Tanev is neither here nor there but to say that the Leafs don't need a defensive upgrade is just downright entertaining.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad