Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
What if i told you that Carrick switching with Polak and Gardiner, Rielly on the PK instead of Hainsey Carrick is a better strategy than ultimately giving up Liljegren for Tanev.

Tanev costs Liljegren, come on guys stop nipping at eachother so much.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
As a neutral fan, Chris Tanev would be a great fit for Toronto.

As a neutral fan, I don't understand why the Leafs wouldn't do a 1st (25th?) and Kapanen (doubt he becomes a 50+ point player...)

Canucks may want more, but his injury issues and lack of offense hurts his value.

Nik Hjalmarsson, a better defenseman returned Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin. He also had 2 years left on his deal, like Tanev will this off-season and a similar cap hit.

Reilly-Tanev
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

--

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Virtanen-Gaudette-Kapanen
Leipsic-Gagner-Goldobin

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Lol Leafs can continue their hard line. I’d just turn to say the Isles who will have a pair of first round picks and playoff aspirations as well.
And the isles wlll point out that 28 yr old Tanev, has averaged 60 games a season over the last 4 seasons.

Isles will not give up either of their top 12 picks or top prospects for Tanev's 60 games a season .

Reactions: PWJunior

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
This offer is ridiculous. No way is Toronto trading a 1st and a 4th plus a top prospect for Tanev.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'd give up money for tanev. with the empty seats and probable revenue decline they could use money. $212,500 for every game he plays with toronto.

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
As a neutral fan, Chris Tanev would be a great fit for Toronto.

As a neutral fan, I don't understand why the Leafs wouldn't do a 1st (25th?) and Kapanen (doubt he becomes a 50+ point player...)

Canucks may want more, but his injury issues and lack of offense hurts his value.

Nik Hjalmarsson, a better defenseman returned Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin. He also had 2 years left on his deal, like Tanev will this off-season and a similar cap hit.

Reilly-Tanev
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

--

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
Granlund-Sutter-Eriksson
Virtanen-Gaudette-Kapanen
Leipsic-Gagner-Goldobin

I agree with the Kapanen part, I understand he has really good speed and all but man some of our fans really overrate him. I would do the 1st and kapanen for tanev

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
To me a deal to acquire Tanev makes sense. He would be a nice right side defense first compliment on the top pair. When Liligren is ready put him on the 2nd pair right side. Drop Zats to 3rd with Dermott. Leaves 2LD open if Gardiner leaves. I’m assuming that can be filled in house but I’m not super familiar with the Leafs defense prospects.

Something around Toronto’s 2018 first and guy like Kapanen seems fair to this outsider. Vancouver can add a pick if the value needs tweaking

Reactions: go4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad