NBA Toronto Raptors thread

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What a team. Haven't even played great the last 2 games but finding ways to win.

Watching the Pacers game reminded me so much of watching the Raps play the Cavs/other true top tier teams the last few years, except the Raps were the top tier team this time.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Sorry to say this but Matt Devlin is a trash announcer.

He is god awful and one of the worst guys out there in any sport. The fact that he is a homer beyond belief makes it that much worse.

I am not sure if all home NBA broadcasts are as bad as the Raps but the homerism from the Raptors PBP and other media guys is disgusting. Its not even worth listening to anything these guys or media guys like Doug Smith, Michael grange, Paul Jones say seriously because they are all such terrible Raptor homers.

Reactions: Vamos Rafa

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Lowry deserved the last foul. Clear moving pick. The one before that was questionable though.

Probably just like Brewer’s last foul on Derozan wasnt called. The Raps arent respected by the refs, so even if they outwork the opposing team they always seem to get the short end of the stick. Its getting pretty frustrating especially since they are one of the top 5 teams in the league

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
He is god awful and one of the worst guys out there in any sport. The fact that he is a homer beyond belief makes it that much worse.

I am not sure if all home NBA broadcasts are as bad as the Raps but the homerism from the Raptors PBP and other media guys is disgusting. Its not even worth listening to anything these guys or media guys like Doug Smith, Michael grange, Paul Jones say seriously because they are all such terrible Raptor homers.
It's not a national broadcast (well, outside of Canada), lol. Hardly out of the ordinary for homerism. It's what makes Matty D good. It's also what makes him bad.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So.... Raptors play the almighty media anointed Cavs tomorrow.

Kinda feels like a no win situation for Toronto.

Lose to Cavs, LOL RAPTORS LEBRON OWNS YOU

Beat Cavs, IT’S ONLY THE REGULAR SEASON THIS AIN’T PLAYOFF LEBRON

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
So DeRozan is not supposed to have good games? He's not supposed to be a good player? What are you even trying to complain about? I have yet to hear anyone refute what I said about his playoff performances. Instead of looking for reasons to get upset about a topic why not just explain yourself why you disagree?

This is a quote after that godly performance in the OT win, yet after a bad game... there you are.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This is a quote after that godly performance in the OT win, yet after a bad game... there you are.
taking a quote out of context doesn't prove anything.

Since Christmas The Raptors were hitting their stride and now going into the Playoffs they are starting to dip. DeRozan has been having some terrible shooting nights of late and there seems to be no more talk of how he spent the offseason working on his three's. He's had many bad games I could have commented on and didn't. Don't take it so personal.

Last edited:

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
taking a quote out of context doesn't prove anything.

Since Christmas The Raptors were hitting their stride and now going into the Playoffs they are starting to dip. DeRozan has been having some terrible shooting nights of late and there seems to be no more talk of how he spent the offseason working on his three's. He's had many bad games I could have commented on and didn't. Don't take it so personal.
Not taking it personal at all. Just proving you really have a hate on for him. When he plays good "it's just the regular season". When he plays bad it's "here's playoff Derozan". Make up your mind. Either the regular season means something or it doesn't.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->