NBA Toronto Raptors thread

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Think we gave up to much to give up Carroll and didn't get enough back. Miles is a good move though.

I think that's what it was going to take. DC's contract was ugly the day it was signed and has gotten progressively worse...

I still expect more moves, particularly for a backup point who can play some minutes in the event Lowry gets hurt.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This was the only way they were getting Carroll off their cap and it'll probably be a late 1st round pick so it's not too bad for the Raptors.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That would be Serge Ibaka...

What the raptors need is a true all-star small forward to lead the charge.

... no it wouldn't be. Look at how well he played in Toronto and then Miami after LeBron left, the two times he had to carry the offensive load. Ibaka can't do that.

Think we gave up to much to give up Carroll and didn't get enough back. Miles is a good move though.

Ummmm... he's owed another 30 million and has gotten worse in his two years with the team. he came as a 3 and D player but failed to do much.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Why TF did they get rid of Cory Joseph and Carroll for Miles? If it were only Carroll that would be good but Joseph is one of the best backup point guards in the league.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just like with every significant signing in franchise history, Carroll was an overpayment and a mismanagement of the cap

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Carroll leaving Atlanta was the beginning of the end for that team, now it costs a first and a second just to dump his salary, that was quick

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Stephen Jackson and Paul Pierce going at Carroll for his exit comments, especially Jackson. Can't say I disagree
I agree with them but I also agree somewhat with Carrol. The problem with Toronto is that they don't have good role players and Defrozen and Lowry are too ball heavy. If the conferences were more balanced the raps would be in the 6,7,8 spot than challenging for the conference.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I agree with them but I also agree somewhat with Carrol. The problem with Toronto is that they don't have good role players and Defrozen and Lowry are too ball heavy. If the conferences were more balanced the raps would be in the 6,7,8 spot than challenging for the conference.

Maybe.. ISO can work if you've got shooters and kick the ball when help comes... The Raps just have nobody else to shoot once they give the ball up.

Carroll isn't entirely wrong, but he didn't do his job.. He was brought in for 3&D and did very little of either. If he played like the elite wing defender he was supposed to be, they may have had a better chance.

He's salty. It's probably embarrassing that a team had to give up all their picks next year just to get rid of you.... It's bad luck that he got injured and bad play that he got dumped for. He should be grateful he cashed in with the Raptors when he did. He's a veteran minimum player after this contract... He'll fit in Brooklyn, him and D'Lo can open another division of bossip.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Carroll was utter trash in Toronto. The guy couldn't hit an open 3 to save his life. There's a reason DeRozan and Lowry stopped passing him the ball. Maybe hit a shot every now and then and you'd earn the trust of your teammates instead of wanting trust to just be blindly given?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Derrick Rose should have been the player the Toronto Raptors added. A player who can create his own shot and drives the ball with conviction. The risk of coarse are his knee problems but at worse you still end up having the team you have now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad