OT: Toronto New Years Eve

raikk

Jul 27, 2006
South Surrey
www.myspace.com
Hey guys I'm in town for a few days and I was wondering what are good places to go for New Years or what exactly you guys are doing during New Years? I saw the Club Crawl put on by student tours that starts off at Madisons(Is this place any good? lol), did it last year in Vancouver and I had fun :donno:

Feel free to turn this into an official New Years Eve thread or something if you want.

Cheers :thumbu:

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
If Madison's is referring to Madison Avenue pub then I suggest you stay away. My personal opinion of course but service sucks, employees are dicks and the pub is a hundred frat boys with their girlfriends and the occasional single *****. It does get good reviews, but not the best of places.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
The Maddy is one of those places you visit once for the cool building, then don't go to again till someone else drags you there a couple years later so they can see it once.

Dylbot

Sep 10, 2009
Don't go to the Amsterdam Brewery Party. Went there two years ago and there wasn't a single aspect of that party that was redeemable.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Lot of dislike for Maddies eh. I like it there, I've never had any troubles and staff were always timely and nice to me. I like the piano bar there as well, that's a fun experience.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
If Madison's is referring to Madison Avenue pub then I suggest you stay away. My personal opinion of course but service sucks, employees are dicks and the pub is a hundred frat boys with their girlfriends and the occasional single *****. It does get good reviews, but not the best of places.

LOL so so true! I like the place, I usually go there during the day with some friends to play some pool and have a few pints, but I avoid that place like the plague at night. That place is a pub..an ordinary pub but you get U of T freshmen girls and guys treating it like it's a club. It's packed, like you said service sucks and the security there are *******s. If you're there just to get a one night stand this is your spot but it's a terrible place if you want to hang out and have a good time. Thursday nights are student nights so thats when it's packed the most. And Saturday's they have the piano man which I don't mind.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Hey guys I'm in town for a few days and I was wondering what are good places to go for New Years or what exactly you guys are doing during New Years? I saw the Club Crawl put on by student tours that starts off at Madisons(Is this place any good? lol), did it last year in Vancouver and I had fun :donno:

Feel free to turn this into an official New Years Eve thread or something if you want.

Cheers :thumbu:

Always willing to help out a fellow Formula1 fan. ;)

Honestly everywhere you go will be packed to the point where it doesn't really matter where you are. Depends on what your plans are and how many people are with you. The club crawl is fun. I did it in my freshman year of university but I probably wouldn't do it again. More of a timely thing. My suggestion to you is, especially coming from out of town, is to just call up a pub/club/lounge and book a section off for you and your friends. It's simply too much hassle to keep moving around with some many people doing the same thing imo.

They always have a nice party near that Jane & Finch area, check it out!

Entrance fee is all the cash in your wallet and cellphone. Pretty steep if you ask me.

raikk

Jul 27, 2006
South Surrey
www.myspace.com
Thannks for the reply's guys, so far from what I know it's just me and a buddy Ive known a long time going, not sure if he's gonna bring more people or not.

Is the Time club any good? It looks nice from the pictures Ive seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->