Toronto hires new Assistant GM - new players on the Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorontoGM

Nov 10, 2005
On Thursday, the Toronto Maple Leaf’s General Manager, Abbas Chagani announced that Toronto has hired a new Assistant GM., Arif Jaffer. Arif has considerable experience as a NBA general manager and a NBA league commissioner. And although he is less familiar with the NHL, he feels his experience in the NBA will be very useful and will definitely help shorten the learning curve. When ask about the state of the Maple Leafs and the task at hand, Arif replied, “We are definitely in rebuilding mode. However, this should not prevent us from fielding an exciting team and providing great entertainment value to our loyal fans. Abbas and I are together when we say that we would like to see the Maple Leafs become perennial winners. The HFNHL is the best league in the world and it is time for the Maple Leafs to take their rightful place among the elite.â€

As a first move Toronto has put some players on the Trading Block. Our goal is to acquire prospects, and young players but to keep our current team competitive.

Randy Robitaille
Claude Lapointe
Georges Laraque
Vyacheslav Kozlov
Frantisek Kaberle

Please email myself and Arif on all trade requests
Arif Jaffer - [email protected]
Abbas Chagani - [email protected]

Abbas Chagani
Toronto GM

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Just wanted to make sure you guys are aware of the minimum OV rule....the top 20 players on your roster must have an average OV of 68. I think Toronto is pretty close to that now, so you won't be able to make any trades that put you under.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Philly E-mail

Abbas,

I know a few people have had problems with their email, so I'm posting this to see if you received my two emails. One was about 2 weeks ago another was from this weekend.

Claudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->