Value of: Toronto - Calgary (Nylander + Hamilton)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nylander
20 year old season - 22g, 39a, 61pt in 81GP - 0.75ppg
21 year old season - 20g, 41a, 61pt in 82 GP - 0.75ppg

Scheifele
20 year old season - 13g, 21a, 34pt in 63GP - 0.54ppg
21 year old season - 15g, 34a, 49pt in 82GP - 0.60ppg

Forsberg
20 year old season - 26g, 37a, 63pt in 82GP - 0.73ppg
21 year old season - 33g, 31a, 64pt in 82GP - 0.78ppg

Did you write off Scheif and Forsberg too?
Well, Nylander regressed, the other 2 didn't.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
And the very first post is why Leaf fans will never be taken seriously. Nylander is not going to be worth more than Hamilton. This would be like me saying Tkachuk by next year could be worth more than Matthews alone, you just have to hold onto him until then.
That is absolutely nothing like saying Tkachuk by next year could be worth more than Matthews alone, you just have to hold onto him until then. That is definitely a reason why Flames fans will never be taken seriously.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Who says hamilton has to get 60-70 points to be of equal value? If hamilton had 60-70 points he would eclipse your imaginary nylander at 80 points. A RHD #1 defender has way more value even at 40-50 points then a winger at 60 points. Everything you're saying is hypothetical and absurd in itself. But I guess that is par the course for you...
hamilton is not a 1D at all. thats preposterous. his defense is too weak for him to be a 1D. another thing, hamilton getting 60-70 points is absolutely asinine. william nylander has a much higher chance of getting 80 points than hamilton does of getting 60-70. that range is for the elite offensive blueliners, hamilton is not one of them. he is overrated like crazy

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
hamilton is not a 1D at all. thats preposterous. his defense is too weak for him to be a 1D. another thing, hamilton getting 60-70 points is absolutely asinine. william nylander has a much higher chance of getting 80 points than hamilton does of getting 60-70. that range is for the elite offensive blueliners, hamilton is not one of them. he is overrated like crazy
So it's asinine and crazy that he can not get 10 more points in a season when he is only 24? You just don't grasp the meaning of the word asinine. So nylander is much more likely to improve by 20 points while it will be impossible for hamilton to improve by 10. GOT YA BUD

I need to just not read your posts when it comes to leaf polls as the amount of misinformation is indeed asinine. It's funny you say he is over rated in the same paragraph as making ridiculous statements about how he can't improve when he is 24.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So it's asinine and crazy that he can not get 10 more points in a season when he is only 24? You just don't grasp the meaning of the word asinine. So nylander is much more likely to improve by 20 points while it will be impossible for hamilton to improve by 10. GOT YA BUD

I need to just not read your posts when it comes to leaf polls as the amount of misinformation is indeed asinine
20 more points, not 10. Its completely ridiculous that you think Hamilton getting 60 points is easier than nylander getting 70. Nylander is 10 points away from that mark and he is a forward. Hamilton is 20 points away and he is a defender. It's much easier for forwards to get points in case you didn't notice.

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
20 more points, not 10. Its completely ridiculous that you think Hamilton getting 60 points is easier than nylander getting 70. Nylander is 10 points away from that mark and he is a forward. Hamilton is 20 points away and he is a defender. It's much easier for forwards to get points in case you didn't notice.
So now you are moving the goal posts? Hamilton has already scored 50 points in the NHL 50+10 = 60. You are saying 20 as if he scored 40 points... He has scored over 40 points in what 4 straight seasons? And you said nylander would score 80 easier then hamilton would score 60-70... now that I proved how ridiculous that is you change your bench marks...

Math.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So now you are moving the goal posts? Hamilton has already scored 50 points in the NHL 50+10 = 60.
he only has 50 once. he's had points in the 40's 3 of the past 4 seasons. i wasn't moving goal posts, your comprehending skills were poor. that 50 is an outlier

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Overpayment by Toronto, but I still find it hilarious how underrated Hamilton is by the Leafs. I'm willing to bet very few Leafs fans will criticize a proposal of the same pieces for an extended Ellis who is not as good as Hamilton.

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
he only has 50 once. he's had points in the 40's 3 of the past 4 seasons. i wasn't moving goal posts, your comprehending skills were poor. that 50 is an outlier
6 more points in a season isn't an outlier. You changing your bench marks from 80 to 70 for one player while rounding down by 5-10 points for another is an outlier in intelligent discussion. It is hard to comprehend someones argument when it waffles all over the place and does not make sense.

He improved EVERY year except this one... at the age of 24. You honestly think that is an "outlier".

mattthhhhh

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
6 more points in a season isn't an outlier. You changing your bench marks from 80 to 70 for one player while rounding down by 5-10 points for another is an outlier in intelligent discussion.
ok. nylander needs 20 points to get 80 and 10 to get 70. hamilton needs 20 points to get 60 and 30 to get 70. nylander plays the position where its easier to get points. Hamilton does not. understand now?

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
ok. nylander needs 20 points to get 80 and 10 to get 70. hamilton needs 20 points to get 60 and 30 to get 70. nylander plays the position where its easier to get points. Hamilton does not. understand now?
No because your numbers are just wrong. hamilton last had 40 or under 4 years ago when he was 20 years old. He has since improved EVERY season except this one and STILL had over 40 points. And yet this was an outlier and you think he is a 40 point defenseman. You don't even understand yourself...
In fact he has had 10 less points in what you call a position that is way harder to get said points then nylander... But im sure you can move those goal posts too.

What you are essentially saying is nylander will explode and improve 25% of his scoring output while hamilton will stagnate and regress despite being similar age and the fact defenseman usually peak at a later age. Now I get you...

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
No because your numbers are just wrong. hamilton last had 40 or under 4 years ago when he was 20 years old. He has sense improved EVERY season except this one and STILL had over 40 points. And yet this was an outlier and you think he is a 40 point defenseman. You don't even understand yourself...
my numbers are not wrong at all. you need to re-read the stats. he has had 3 seasons of 40 points and 1 season of 50 points. 3>1. i'll take the realistic value than the outlier. you should too

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
my numbers are not wrong at all. you need to re-read the stats. he has had 3 seasons of 40 points and 1 season of 50 points. 3>1. i'll take the realistic value than the outlier. you should too
He has 3 seasons of OVER 40 points. 43>40, 42>40,44>40 ya? So the outlier is more likely the fact that he has improved every season except one at 24. Ill take the fact that you think he won't improve when defenseman typically peak at a later age as ridiculous. Maybe I am misreading numbers though...

So nylander has scored 61 and 61 points... and never 80 points. 2>0 Ill take the realistic value then an imaginary outlier. you should too.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Overpayment by Toronto, but I still find it hilarious how underrated Hamilton is by the Leafs. I'm willing to bet very few Leafs fans will criticize a proposal of the same pieces for an extended Ellis who is not as good as Hamilton.
It's more or less the same handful fans saying no repeatedly. I bet if you went post to post, not counting any multiple posts by a poster, the consensus would be different.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He has 3 seasons of OVER 40 points. 43>40, 42>40,44>40 ya? So the outlier is more likely the fact that he has improved every season except one at 24. Ill take the fact that you think he won't improve when defenseman typically peak at a later age as ridiculous. Maybe I am misreading numbers though...

So nylander has scored 61 and 61 points... and never 80 points. 2>0 Ill take the realistic value then an imaginary outlier. you should too.
those seasons of over 40 points are slightly over 40 points. none of the are close to 50. i'm not wrong when i say he's in the 40's for points. also, i never said nylander scored 80 points in a season. i said he has the potential to score 80 points. first you don't comprehend what i said properly. next you fail to see what i actually typed. this isn't looking good for you

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Flames fans wishing hamilton can get them nylander.

More like hamilton for bracco + 2nd

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
those seasons of over 40 points are slightly over 40 points. none of the are close to 50. i'm not wrong when i say he's in the 40's for points. also, i never said nylander scored 80 points in a season. i said he has the potential to score 80 points. first you don't comprehend what i said properly. next you fail to see what i actually typed. this isn't looking good for you
And hamilton has the potential to score 60 points... you don't comprehend how ridiculous and bias your opinion is. You didn't say he was in the 40's you repeatedly said he had 40 points. This might not look good for me from your view because you're back tracking like crazy so you don't even know where you stand anymore. You can't even comprehend what YOU are saying how can I follow along when you back peddle and trip all over yourself.

I like how you think nylander has the potential to improve upon his scoring by 25% yet hamilton will never get 60 points because that one season of 50 was an outlier and he can't improve at his old age. Double standard much? This stopped looking good for you at post number 1.

Here I will make some ridiculous statements like you have. Nylander has never had more then 61 points therefore that is his ceiling. Nylander has stagnated at 61 points and will likely never have more because anything more then 61 points will be an outlier from his previous 3 seasons.

Reactions: Flamesjustwin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->