Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Arizona, Dec 28th 9pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
now they can put it to rest

Well uhh, you know uh, he already taking that Sundin type of leader role there. That el capitano type y'all know what I is saying u heard me. He talking like, listen kristen, we don't have to talk about the same dirt type stuff everyday and I'ma make a stand here like the stephen king stand y'all know what I'm saying. He ain't taking no loss. He just talking and saying how it is. He ain't liking to talk the same sort of stuff all over again. So he saying it to her. That that arrogant type sundin captain dirt with the CORRECT right way to do it. Way to go real hard Matthews.
Kadri even harder and he might explode on these fools tomorrow like nas and aaliyah sang that "you be gon by daylight, you be so full of sorrow" y'all know what I'm saying. Now that that dirt right there.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
And hey y'all like outkast does y'all think mcelhheney will play tomorrow against all those fool coyotes who WILL lose, this game is already over. It was over when the puck even dropped. We got the talent, the speed, offensive minded cleaverness, shiaaaat we doing and moving thangs. Big thangs. This game was over when the puck even dropped. That small black puck even dropped man. We rich, powerful, others be jealious. Mchelleney playing tomorrow y'all know what I is saying? Andersen againts the tougher opponent friday yes friday like kingsley in sexy beast? No?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
And hey y'all like outkast does y'all think mcelhheney will play tomorrow against all those fool coyotes who WILL lose, this game is already over. It was over when the puck even dropped. We got the talent, the speed, offensive minded cleaverness, shiaaaat we doing and moving thangs. Big thangs. This game was over when the puck even dropped. That small black puck even dropped man. We rich, powerful, others be jealious. Mchelleney playing tomorrow y'all know what I is saying? Andersen againts the tougher opponent friday yes friday like kingsley in sexy beast? No?

this is a good post!,but I would imagine it will be Anderson Tomorrow.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Leafs need to let the Yotes know that win back in Toronto was a total fluke. Auston Matthews God mode tomorrow!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
the argument is, that it's better to be 2nd/3rd and avoid the metro wild card team, than be first.
i wouldn't mind facing Boston, to be honest. exorcise some demons and all of that.

however i am of the firm belief you've gotta be prepared to face anyone in the playoffs so it is kinda bummery we can't really challenge for the division title (my prediction, probably would have happened if matthews didn't get hurt the second time and we failed to take advantage of tampa's little swoon, we were like 5pts behind).

i think though the best challenge for this young team is to hold on to home ice advantage. i think it's just a good test. they put themselves that they should be in a playoff spot come april, but the test will be securing home ice. having 4 last ice changes is better than 3. esp. if we face boston
Honestly I'm still at the point where I just want to get in and not even worried about who it might be against. But honestly it doesn't bother me if things stay as they are and we end up facing Boston. Not so much about exorcising demons since honestly barely any of that team is here today. But simply because there is good drama value in facing a divisional opponent and adding onto the playoff history a bit.

It is too bad that top spot is kind of out of reach. There's possibility we could have kept up in ideal circumstances, but such is. Even if realistically staying behind Tampa avoids the wildcard spots owned by the metro.

Should be a good test to see if they can fight and grab that home ice spot. Will be a nice bit of progression for the team along with the last change angle. Well, hopefully we bring a good effort against Arizona and keep gathering points.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly I'm still at the point where I just want to get in and not even worried about who it might be against. But honestly it doesn't bother me if things stay as they are and we end up facing Boston. Not so much about exorcising demons since honestly barely any of that team is here today. But simply because there is good drama value in facing a divisional opponent and adding onto the playoff history a bit.

It is too bad that top spot is kind of out of reach. There's possibility we could have kept up in ideal circumstances, but such is. Even if realistically staying behind Tampa avoids the wildcard spots owned by the metro.

Should be a good test to see if they can fight and grab that home ice spot. Will be a nice bit of progression for the team along with the last change angle. Well, hopefully we bring a good effort against Arizona and keep gathering points.

unless Tampa has a swoon. and they could, and we surge at the same time.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Why would you want leafs to finish at the top and face one of the metro teams?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Sure, it's only December anyway. Let's make sure we make the playoffs first, then we can worry about match-ups. It's good that facing Boston doesn't bother you I guess as they're by far our most likely opponent at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->