Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Arizona, Dec 28th 9pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
They've powered their ways up the standings. Only downside to the Atlantic situation is that catching Tampa for top spot is almost impossible. They are good at feasting on our pretty weak division and should be able to hold top spot in the conference without issue.

Hopefully we come out of this break rested and ready to go. Need to beat teams like Arizona if we want to hold our current position.

the argument is, that it's better to be 2nd/3rd and avoid the metro wild card team, than be first.
i wouldn't mind facing Boston, to be honest. exorcise some demons and all of that.

however i am of the firm belief you've gotta be prepared to face anyone in the playoffs so it is kinda bummery we can't really challenge for the division title (my prediction, probably would have happened if matthews didn't get hurt the second time and we failed to take advantage of tampa's little swoon, we were like 5pts behind).

i think though the best challenge for this young team is to hold on to home ice advantage. i think it's just a good test. they put themselves that they should be in a playoff spot come april, but the test will be securing home ice. having 4 last ice changes is better than 3. esp. if we face boston

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I have no fear of Boston at all. I do think that's a sweep.
No way it's a sweep. Very rarely do we see a sweep now these days. Even thought they lost 6 straight against us doesn't mean we will sweep them. They will win a game against us eventually and it will happen in that series.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Well they might use Komarov on the right side with Matthews back Marleau would play L/W, so it could be Marner, Nylander, Komarov and Brown as the R/W but who knows.

wasn't last game against the rangers the line up was:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Brown

Kappy was pressboxed anyway... he might as well play in the marlies

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
wasn't last game against the rangers the line up was:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Moore-Brown

Kappy was pressboxed anyway... he might as well play in the marlies

That's basically the way I see it too but there could be another player hurt, Leafs are very closed mouth on any injuries, so Kapanen could get a recall before Thursday's game, if that's the case?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
That's basically the way I see it too but there could be another player hurt, Leafs are very closed mouth on any injuries, so Kapanen could get a recall before Thursday's game, if that's the case?

I guess we have room on the roster for Kappy since Sosh is still on IR? But Kappy in the pressbox is just not good enough IMO.

If Kappy ain't helping the Leafs on ice I'd rather him help Marlies; you know, basically be a go-to guy for the marlies - he can play Matthews' role on the marlies but ofcourse as a winger.

We already have Leivo sitting in the pressbox, I'd rather have Fehr up as a PK option and then put him on waivers when Sosh comes back. Either Fehr clears or someone else claims him. It is not like Leafs are gonna get something for Fehr anyway. This way if someone does pick up Fehr; we will have 2M capsapce to play with, if not, he is still available as an option for the Leafs for future call ups

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Also helps that Andersen is 9-0 with 1 shutout, 0.944 save percentage and 1.88 gaa lifetime against the Bruins.

...was he in net all 4 games last year when we swept them (because i was going to say meh. i don't really take stock in stats like this, fred being a western goalie). and it's not even that either. so many people freak out here all the time when we go on a skid and it's like ooohoo here we go again

better face Boston now, beat them and we can move on from 2013.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't care about the result so much as I care about how they play. If they play really well and still somehow lose, I am OK with that. I'd like to see more of the same effort we saw in NYC on Saturday more consistently. You also have to remember that even the really bad teams win 15-20 games. The really good teams are not going to have a perfect record against all the bad teams. Just play great.

Reactions: Rogie

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Coyotes are playing tonight to so we've go the worst team in the league playing on the 2nd game of a back to back who already embarrassed us at home earlier this year as well as our superstar player playing his boyhood team in front of his friends and family. Really if we lose this I'll be pissed.

Reactions: Elephanto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad