Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Arizona, Dec 28th 9pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
we need to start pulling away from Boston.
every game at least get 1 point.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Boston has crept up on us and luckily we are Atlantic divn.
They've powered their ways up the standings. Only downside to the Atlantic situation is that catching Tampa for top spot is almost impossible. They are good at feasting on our pretty weak division and should be able to hold top spot in the conference without issue.

Hopefully we come out of this break rested and ready to go. Need to beat teams like Arizona if we want to hold our current position.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They've powered their ways up the standings. Only downside to the Atlantic situation is that catching Tampa for top spot is almost impossible. They are good at feasting on our pretty weak division and should be able to hold top spot in the conference without issue.

Hopefully we come out of this break rested and ready to go. Need to beat teams like Arizona if we want to hold our current position.

It is unlikely but not impossible there are still 4 games to be played between the Leafs and Tampa

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Glad this clown won't be at the party

BkTKQIt.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
This little holiday break is tough to endure. I need some Leafs hockey and we won't have any until Thursday.

Luckily the WJC starts tomorrow.

Reactions: ThewThew

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am not, nor have I ever been worried about Boston, they made up some ground sure, but they needed Matthews to get hurt to do it and they STILL didn't catch Toronto now Mattthews is back, the gap is bound to re open

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I am not, nor have I ever been worried about Boston, they made up some ground sure, but they needed Matthews to get hurt to do it and they STILL didn't catch Toronto now Mattthews is back, the gap is bound to re open
Boston missed Bergeron, Marchand, Rask, Backes, Krejci, and I think more players due to injury this year. They also haven't relied on goaltending for a massive stretch like we did. And yes, they did catch Toronto. There's being confident in your team, and then there's making things up like you're doing

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Boston missed Bergeron, Marchand, Rask, Backes, Krejci, and I think more players due to injury this year. They also haven't relied on goaltending for a massive stretch like we did. And yes, they did catch Toronto. There's being confident in your team, and then there's making things up like you're doing

They have not tied or passed Toronto yet, therefore they have not caught them, I do not make shit up.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Hopefully Matthews is flying like last game, it really sets the tone when he is relentless. As for Hyman, he has looked better than usual lately, making some nice passes. Maybe Babcock is playing Hyman simply out of potential. As it stands there is no way he can be justified as a first liner, it is amazing that people can lock step believe he is doing a good job of that. However, if and when Hyman discovers he has a lot of time and space with the puck all this frustration may pay off massively. Imagine how dominant that line will be next year if Hyman becomes more of an offensive threat.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We are a better team then Boston and will finish higher then them.
Its a guarantee. See I can do that too.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Hyman is a weird phenomenon where the eye test points to a bottom 6 player being gifted top 6 minutes. He bobbled picks often, rarely makes the standard skilled player you would hope a 1st line winger is capable of making, and frankly just looks like a plug compared to Nylander and Matthews some nights.

And yet when you look at it statistically he’s certainly not as terrible. A 40 point seasons seeing little to no PP time isn’t terribly bad. He’s not a top 6 winger but with Matthews it can work. Would obviously love to have someone else there, but when Matthews and Nylander are getting off, it’s hard to argue the results. Good Job Hyman, I may have been wrong about you.

As for the game. If our Big three is back than I think we can beat anyone. GLG

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

essentially prepare ourselves for Leafs/Bruins 1st round of the playoffs. Just figuring out who gets home ice for the rest of the season. Dont see either team catching Tampa, and none of the other Atlantic teams are getting close to leafs and bruins unless either team shits the bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad