Confirmed with Link: [TOR/WSH] Nicolas Deschamps traded to the Washington Capitals for Kevin Marshall

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good to Know Interactif, Good to know. Thanks :D

I liked him from his Philly days, at one point he was one of their best defensive prospects. Worth a try since I didn't like how Deschamps looked of late. Kind of like the Fraser deal, real sneaky, as in sneaky good.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The chances of Kevin Marshall playing more Leaf minutes than Gardiner have to be at least 50/50.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Another left side dman..sweet. Not like we have many of those in our system :laugh:

Deschamps wasn't a game changer and I'm not familiar with Marshall so I'm indifferent to the trade.

GenericFan2*

Love this; two guys needing a change of scenery. Marshall's got some truculence and belligerence while being a mobile guy, maybe Fraser 2.0? Low risk, with some potential reward to it. Either way, he should give the Marlies some much needed depth on the blueline.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Perry please. Kessel+Grabovski for a signed Perry.

Lupul-Kadri-Perry :nod:

Sounds great a trade that puts the team back 2 years of development. I would rather all the firsts and 2nds or prospects that brought but really I am not interested in moving them both at the same time for 1 Perry. Maybe for Ovechkin or something.

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
I liked him from his Philly days, at one point he was one of their best defensive prospects. Worth a try since I didn't like how Deschamps looked of late. Kind of like the Fraser deal, real sneaky, as in sneaky good.

Well so far so good 2gms 2pts, good call my friend.
:amazed:
He did seem really happy to "be back home (Canada)"

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
With Reilly joining team perhaps he can make sure no one takes too many liberties with the young buck.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I don't think people should care about this guys point totals.

I care about PIMs, hits, blocked shots. Points are irrelevant with this guy.

His real value is in his defensive game.

You're fooling yourself if you're judging him off points.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
With Reilly joining team perhaps he can make sure no one takes too many liberties with the young buck.

When Rielly comes to the Marlies, mark this down, he will be the Marlies best defenceman. I have that much confidence in him and his skill. But more than that, something that you cannot teach a youngster, he has natural instincts for the game that will put him in a position to succeed.

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011

PIMs is a stupid stat. Fighting majors maybe, but someone like Mike Brown only hurts the team racking up PIMs by taking minors.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

The fact that you think of it that way is exactly the reason why people are pleased with the fact that he's put up the 2 points in the first place.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
When Rielly comes to the Marlies, mark this down, he will be the Marlies best defenceman. I have that much confidence in him and his skill. But more than that, something that you cannot teach a youngster, he has natural instincts for the game that will put him in a position to succeed.

I honestly hope he plays like 8 minutes a game. We don't need him playing too well, or expectations will go through the roof.

Small samples sizes are probably the worst possible things for any Maple Leaf prospect. Good or bad, if Rielly is on either end of the spectrum, people will panic now (he's ****!) or later (he's ruined!). Hope Eakins just gets him the right amount of time on ice, to get a feel of the pro game. I have faith he'll do that too, though Percy had some high minute games at the end last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->