Confirmed with Link: [TOR/STL] Olli Jokinen to Blues for a Cond. 2016 6th Rd Pick and Joakim Lindstrom

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Felt like I barely knew you Olli, lol.

Happy for him. He joins our boy Gunnar in St. Louis and I hope they finally go far this season!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Felt like I barely knew you Olli, lol.

Happy for him. He joins our boy Gunnar in St. Louis and I hope they finally go far this season!

I may be in the minority for this one, but he is atleast a decent defensive player. Noticed this when he played with us. 4th line C at this point. Gets to be on a playoff team finally.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Exactly how many games does Jokinen need to play for the pick to improve, even if the Blues make the Stanley Cup Final? At least when the Leafs traded Carter Ashton and David Broll to Tampa Bay, we know that for the Leafs to get that 7th round pick from them in 2016 Ashton needs to play at least 15 games for them. So does anyone know the exact number of games Jokinen needs to at least play for them?

Tyler Biggs*

If Blues make the finals, the 6th becomes a 4th, go Blues!

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Exactly how many games does Jokinen need to play for the pick to improve, even if the Blues make the Stanley Cup Final? At least when the Leafs traded Carter Ashton and David Broll to Tampa Bay, we know that for the Leafs to get that 7th round pick from them in 2016 Ashton needs to play at least 15 games for them. So does anyone know the exact number of games Jokinen needs to at least play for them?

Someone on the trade board said 1 but I don't recall their source.

Also this is bugging me isn't this a conditional 4th rounder? Worst case scenario the 6th is guaranteed. The 4th is the maybe.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Someone on the trade board said 1 but I don't recall their source.

Also this is bugging me isn't this a conditional 4th rounder? Worst case scenario the 6th is guaranteed. The 4th is the maybe.

The Leafs get a 6th round pick, which based on conditions, can become a better pick. Hence it's a conditional 6th round pick.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sad to see Oli leave. He left a great mark in Toronto in the time he was here. I hope the fans give him a standing ovation when he returns for all his contributions to the team and the city. Thank you Olli Jokinen for everything. You left a great legacy in Toronto. :handclap:

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Sad to see Oli leave. He left a great mark in Toronto in the time he was here. I hope the fans give him a standing ovation when he returns for all his contributions to the team and the city. Thank you Olli Jokinen for everything. You left a great legacy in Toronto. :handclap:

Hilarious post man. Great job.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
The Leafs get a 6th round pick, which based on conditions, can become a better pick. Hence it's a conditional 6th round pick.

Yeah but for example in the Kaberle trade we got a "conditional 1st" that was made when the Bruins made the cup finals, otherwise it was a lesser pick. I don't know why sometimes they change up the wording from higher to lower picks

It's a 4th rounder if conditions are met meaning conditional 4th. Saying conditional 6th makes it out to be that the 6th is a best case scenario and could become something lesser. You can see this in the main board topic where people assumed that if the blues don't make the cup final the Leafs wouldn't get the 6th

Tyler Biggs*

Leafs didn't want Jokinen. He was presumably a throw in to take his contract off Nashville's hands for the remainder of the season. The Leafs in turn intended to either move him for whatever they could get at the deadline (which they did) or otherwise his $2.5M would just come off the books in the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad