Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
To NYR:
1st 2018 25th overall:
STL 2019 4th

To TOR:
2nd 2018 39th overall
2nd NJ 2018 48th overall

Rangers move up and get a 4th 1st round pick. Can be used to bolster their pipeline or as added ammo to move up in the top 10.

Leafs grab some depth, having 3 picks between 39-52 to try and pluck players to support their core down the road.

Reactions: bernmeister

member 147413

Done from this Leafs fan if the 4th is removed.

Finally a move that should motivate our roster to compete. (Just a joke because the Leafs have no heart)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It doesn't even make sense, those picks are all low enough that they would be used as target picks, there's no reason to make this type of trade until you see where your "guy" is gonna land

Maybe more of a draft night trade for the NYR if their guy is on the board.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Value seems fine but it seems like a draft day type move when you see where things are falling. Without knowing anything about who Hunter is targeting this draft such a proposal is a bit premature.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Leafs got 34th, 61st, and 68 for pick #22 in 2015. This seems like an underpayment here.

I think the Leafs stick with the first and shoot high considering our prospect depth

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
If anything I’d like to move up if need be and grab the guy we want. Like others said we have enough quality prospects we just need a couple decent to good centres and maybe a D or two. There’s plenty quality wingers a couple good looking goalies and a few D men who project well one who’s almost for sure to play top 6 minutes come 19-20 season.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If you change it from our second to Boston's I may listen. Otherwise, I could see the Rangers making a deal to move back out of one of those late firsts if one of the teams without one wants to put next year's first round pick in play if they really like somebody.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Depends who's still on the board. The Leafs don't really need more prospects tbh, I'd rather take a player who's got a shot at being a blue chipper.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Depends who's still on the board. The Leafs don't really need more prospects tbh, I'd rather take a player who's got a shot at being a blue chipper.

Leafs fans need to stop thinking the organization doesn't need more prospects. Once the core is paid the organization will need a steady stream of prospects ready to contribute. The majority of our high end prospects are in the NHL and the rest aren't sure fire future impact players. Every team can always use more solid prospects, to either contribute to the team or trade for established players.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs fans need to stop thinking the organization doesn't need more prospects. Once the core is paid the organization will need a steady stream of prospects ready to contribute. The majority of our high end prospects are in the NHL and the rest aren't sure fire future impact players. Every team can always use more solid prospects, to either contribute to the team or trade for established players.
I'm not saying stop producing prospects, I'm saying that the quantity is already there. I'd prefer the focus be on drafting higher end prospects. Moving back doesn't make sense at this point.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
To NYR:
1st 2018 25th overall:
STL 2019 4th

To TOR:
2nd 2018 39th overall
2nd NJ 2018 48th overall

Rangers move up and get a 4th 1st round pick. Can be used to bolster their pipeline or as added ammo to move up in the top 10.

Leafs grab some depth, having 3 picks between 39-52 to try and pluck players to support their core down the road.
It will not happen. It should not happen.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I'm not saying stop producing prospects, I'm saying that the quantity is already there. I'd prefer the focus be on drafting higher end prospects. Moving back doesn't make sense at this point.

At this point it's just quantity. The Leafs grabbed Dermott and Grundstrom from the second round so I say give the scouts more bullets. I trust the early to mid 2nd round just as much as the late 1st.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I'd do this deal.

I think that the Rangers probably wouldn't get the 4th rounder with it, it would be fair without it.

It's a move that can make sense for both parties involved.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

I mean we have like 4 wingers we could graduate next year if we really needed to and at least 4 D on the Marlies you could slot into the bottom pairing today (and that's with Carrick already hanging out in the pressbox). We have 2 goalies in the AHL that could do pretty well as a backup if we needed them to and some projects on the way.

We need to find another Dermott and some center depth in the draft, I like our odds at the center better in the 20s. For the D, maybe the shotgun approach in the 2nd/3rd will work, maybe another targeted Liljegren-type will work.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Rangers would do it for the right player on the board. For instance, I could see us doing it if Woo is there because he currently plays with Howden in MooseJaw

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
What i'd be interested in as toronto is moving up 10 spots using our 1st + . There is a player i'm very high on in around the 15-20 range

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->