Trade: [TOR/NYK] OG Anunoby, Precious Achiuwa and Malachi Flynn for RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley and 2nd in 2024

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Damn that’s it? OG was my favourite Raps the last few years. Would’ve rather had built around him and Scotty.

Great get by the Knicks. Sucks for us Raps fans. The tear down finally begins.

EDIT: second thought, Quickley is decent. Maybe they can tap into Barrett a little more. Was kinda just expecting a haul of picks to be honest. Not that bad of a return. Doesn’t necessarily mean a complete tear down.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Good trade for both teams IMO. Raptors desperately needed shooting and shot creation, Knicks get an elite perimeter defender. Both teams get players that better fit their competitive windows. Oh, and MLSE will sell a ton of Barrett jerseys.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know enough to know who got the better here, but I was hoping the Sixers would be in on OG if their intention is to be in the championship mix.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Damn that’s it? OG was my favourite Raps the last few years. Would’ve rather had built around him and Scotty.

Great get by the Knicks. Sucks for us Raps fans. The tear down finally begins.

EDIT: second thought, Quickley is decent. Maybe they can tap into Barrett a little more. Was kinda just expecting a haul of picks to be honest. Not that bad of a return. Doesn’t necessarily mean a complete tear down.

It's better than a haul of picks. At least Barrett & Quickley are good, established NBA players with potential, draft picks are a crapshoot and its not like Knicks picks will be top 10 either.
i'm assuming siakam will be dealt next and they'll build around barnes

Probably best for Ujiri to not sign Siakam to a max contract. Hes not worth it.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The advanced analytics are not kind to Barrett

Negative VORP, BPM, DBPM, OBPM, and just a .044 WS/48

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Stats can be easily manipulated though. I get that Barrett might have played poorly in New York, but the stats don't consider the system being used, the player's actual usage, who his teammates are out on the floor with him, etc..... I'm interested to see how Rajakovic uses him because he's a development guy. I'm more interested in seeing if Quickly becomes a legitimate point guard or if he gets moved to shooting guard to accommodate Barnes (who I think should be the starting small forward). It's an interesting deal none the less. I guess now the Siakam watch is on and if Toronto can get a first round pick out of the deal (that Poeltl deal continues to look worse and worse).

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
This is a rare win-win trade. The Raptors offence looks so much better after the trade. Quickley is amazing, Barrett sometimes gets tunnel vision but he’s been pretty damn good as well. OG has been exactly what the Knicks wanted also

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad