Confirmed with Link: [TOR/MTL] Tomas Plekanec (50% Retained) & Kyle Baun for Kerby Rychel, Rinat Valiev & TOR 2nd 2018

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I hate Plekanec (mostly because of the turtlenecks), but I like the trade. Basically gave up nothing for a solid C, who can move up in the lineup if needed. Great on the PK too.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
You can say one thing, but your tone and body language says something else. Excited is not what I would have used at all based on the interview I saw.

Not being a jerk - but who cares if he's excited or not?

He was with a storied franchise for such a long time. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't upset at leaving.

But as long as he does his job here, who cares. We don't need someone kissing the badge or jumping into the glass to celebrate with fans.

We just need someone to come in and do the job. I'm sure he will.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Rocking the blue turtleneck in the morning skate:
Ia0X4tup_o.jpg

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Remember when everyone dissected AM’s tone and body language from draft night for months? This guy is along time pro, playing for his next contract, he’s going to be fine.

Plekanec is a good addition to our centre depth, and all we gave up was one of two second round picks. Would I have preferred to give up a third? For sure, but our guys will do great work with our existing second and our third, so I am fine with this deal.
Third was expected return by Habs fans. Apparently there was deal in place for him to Winnipeg, but Pleks wanted to stay in the East and MTL management wanted to please him for potentially getting him back in the summer. That is how he ended with us, but we paid the price of original deal offered. So we should thank Winnipeg here for overpriced deal. Looking at today’s deals for Hartman Stasny we still got a bargain.

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
For those that are worried about a second Rd pk.
Leaf management is very good at picking up quality players from Russia over the past couple of yrs .
Zaitsev
Borgman
Do you think Sweden (Borgman) is part of Russia?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
How's Plekasex doing so far?

Not great compared to the Plekanec I remember in Montreal, but obviously leagues ahead of Moore/Gauthier. Not a good first game for him, but it's clear he has more to bring to the table once he gets comfortable.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yes let's sell the UFa and tank. Great message to the team that that has been the best in the NHl the past 15 games.
Every top team can make moves like this except the Leafs.
What does acquiring Turtleneck have to do with selling everyone and tanking? Please, come on. We have our own rentals. Enjoy your JVR it Bozak or whoever you can't bear to live without. This was a waste trade.
You addressed nothing long term. You got a rental.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not great compared to the Plekanec I remember in Montreal, but obviously leagues ahead of Moore/Gauthier. Not a good first game for him, but it's clear he has more to bring to the table once he gets comfortable.

Ryan Suter once said it takes a player about ~20 games before he gets comfortable with the new system.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Ryan Suter once said it takes a player about ~20 games before he gets comfortable with the new system.

Nvm I take everything back, 2 bad penalties tonight with one in the last 3 minutes of a tie game. Plekanec confirmed for double agent, well played Bergevin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->