Proposal: Tor-Edm

Value works?

• Total voters

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
this is the dumbest offer i've ever seen in my life. no team will gut their roster to get mcdavid.

And he said as much . Saying and something happening is 2 totally different things . Hockey is a business to owners . TML has the biggest market in the world and would make a killing if McDavid was a TML so I could see the TML doing it base on the business side of things . Edmonton would say no . Not only because of the lost revenue but the fan would revote .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Like I said before, maybe one day the Leafs will have a generational player on their roster and their fans will understand what that's worth.

They already do . Well at least generational defence where Larsson is a number 6 or 7 on their team . TML fans this is not meant as a insult but more of a posting to get fans to see how they are overvaluing players

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
They already do . Well at least generational defence where Larsson is a number 6 or 7 on their team . TML fans this is not meant as a insult but more of a posting to get fans to see how they are overvaluing players

Given how their series with the Bruins is going, Toronto could seriously use an Adam Larsson right now.

Whoever said he’d be a 6 or 7 on their team is an idiot.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You would think that the second coming would be in the dance this year with this attitude. What's it gonna take a team's 3 best assets, 4 best assets...heck why not half the team haha
Well if your gonna make it to the dance at least try not to be an embarrassment in the 1st rd..OPPS TO LATE.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Can't see why Edmonton does this. I've said it before but I don't think people realize how much of a impact McDavid has on the city of Edmonton. It's basically Lebron->Cleveland but watered down. At least half of the city projects council has reinvested in for downtown debatably don't happen without McDavid.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Mocking a team that actually made the playoffs while yours is golfing....nice lol

Think about it ? If you don't win it doesn't matter . In 10 years no one will remember who made the playoffs and who lost in the first round . Also for the most part it TML fans bashing Edmonton in almost all threads . There are some very classy Leaf's fans but there are 10 times as many with no class . I don't think a team that has been as bad as the Leafs since the sixties should be bashing any team . Enjoy the success and enjoy the ride over the next decade . I do get it Edmonton has been a joke for 10 + years . But 10 years is short when looking at the TML 40 + years

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I will speak in a language Leaf posters will understand.. would you trade Matthews for and Nylander and Marner?

I want to be clear that I highly value Matthews.

McDavid will never be traded unless a team absolutely guts their franchise... and why would they. You have to remember that there is more than just hockey value when you consider trading a player as special as McDavid.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
giphy.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Most agree it's no from Edmonton's side. A more fair value than OP would be like McDavid for Matthews, Marner, Nylander. Then it gets closer, but still no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->