Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CGY] TOR acquire David Rittich [50% retained] for 2022 3rd Round Pick

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Don't really see how Dubas gets the blame for this. All things considered, it was a sensible move. No one expected him to inexplicably be so crappy in an important game. Hope it was just a blip.

Essentially this. If it was any other game ppl would just laugh it off. Even Carter Hart gave up a horrible goal few nights and so did Blackhood.

I still have more confidence in him than Hutchy.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Essentially this. If it was any other game ppl would just laugh it off. Even Carter Hart gave up a horrible goal few nights and so did Blackhood.

I still have more confidence in him than Hutchy.
True but I think I’d have more confidence in any goalie in the league than Hutchy

Reactions: fahad203

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
If you've watched a lot of Flames games over the past few years, you'll know games like that just happen with Rittich. Doesnt mean Big Save Dave is dead or anything. If given the chance he can go on a roll and carry the team. While those may have been the worst goals in a long time (Toskala comes to mind), I think Rittich actually has more of a track record as a solid starter than Campbell and should be given a shot at redemption. Too small a sample size to give up on the guy.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
If he's an upgrade on Hutchinson it's a very small one. I think we would all take a 3rd round pick for Hutchinson. That's Dubas for you. Not as bad as the Foligno deal though.
Rittich has been a starter for the Flames for a couple of years. He's been a 1B backup this year when they upgraded with Markstrom. He's been to an all-star game. I know you just watched a bad period of hockey, but him and Hutch are not the same

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I did not realize Big Sieve dave was so so bad .. OMG 3 house league goals in 1 pro game .. I am not sure I have EVER seen it before in my entire life ... seen 2 many many times but 3???????????????? ... and he was not pulled???????????.. wow Keefer brutal coaching move there ... I would rather play Hutch ... and FIRE that tender coach ASAP .. why is he still with team?????????????? ... should have been fired on spot Dubie

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I did not realize Big Sieve dave was so so bad .. OMG 3 house league goals in 1 pro game .. I am not sure I have EVER seen it before in my entire life ... seen 2 many many times but 3???????????????? ... and he was not pulled???????????.. wow Keefer brutal coaching move there ... I would rather play Hutch ... and FIRE that tender coach ASAP .. why is he still with team?????????????? ... should have been fired on spot Dubie
Patrick Lalime definitely came close to that many softies against us in the playoffs a few times.

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
what.... is this?

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010

Why would you fire a goalie coach over the performance of a goalie who hasn't been here for 2 weeks?

Reactions: Auston 316

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Why would you fire a goalie coach over the performance of a goalie who hasn't been here for 2 weeks?
True he has been here for 2 weeks .. but he ruined Hutch last year and Freddy has been on a huge downhill slide for 2 years now ... to me I am at end of my rope with this guy .. preaching da Elkin way is not working .. Soupy does not play Elkin way and I fear this idiot could be screwing him up too .. athletic tenders can't follow Elkin routine like a playbook it is meant for slow huge monster tenders

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If he's an upgrade on Hutchinson it's a very small one. I think we would all take a 3rd round pick for Hutchinson. That's Dubas for you. Not as bad as the Foligno deal though.
He’s not a upgrade on Hutch. Hutchinson has been good except for one early first period disaster game. Solid otherwise.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Rittich has been a starter for the Flames for a couple of years. He's been a 1B backup this year when they upgraded with Markstrom. He's been to an all-star game. I know you just watched a bad period of hockey, but him and Hutch are not the same
Well statistically for their careers Rittich is 0.907 and Hutchinson is 0.906. I don't know how much smaller of an upgrade you can get. Many people judge Hutchinson on his poor year last year but his career average shows him as a league average backup.

Reactions: Garthinater

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Big Save Dave is a very mercurial goalie. Sometimes he can be like his moniker suggests other times he’s very leaky. Kind of reminds me of Roman Cechmanek from way back when.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Well statistically for their careers Rittich is 0.907 and Hutchinson is 0.906. I don't know how much smaller of an upgrade you can get. Many people judge Hutchinson on his poor year last year but his career average shows him as a league average backup.

I think it's certainly fair that too many people here are unfair to Hutch. Whose actually been pretty good this season too

Reactions: Confucius

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
upload_2021-5-10_12-40-52.jpeg

Pretty cool homage to The Cat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad