Proposal: Tor and Ana

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Ducks have Fowler and Montour. They don't need Gardiner. Ducks need Manson as much as we do.

Ducks would want Nylander in return and I don't blame them. Manson is a fantastic defenseman.

pucku33

Dec 12, 2013
Manson is a 2nd pairing defender while Rielly is a top pairing defender who just put up 50 points. Not really the same.

you're comparing an offensive-defenseman (on an offensive team) to a defensive-defenseman (on a defensive team) using points.. How exactly is one valued over the other, because points?

edit: Manson has more goals then Rielly this season.

Reactions: pmwlker and Spazkat

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Manson is a top pairing defenseman. Very solid #2 physical two way guy that all 30 other teams would love to have.
Agree to the last part (30 other teams.....) but I personally think a first pairing defender has to be able to drive a pairing by themself.

Haven't seen Manson do that and don't expect to as he is a defense first kind of player.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
you're comparing an offensive-defenseman (on an offensive team) to a defensive-defenseman (on a defensive team) using points.. How exactly is one valued over the other, because points?

edit: Manson has more goals then Rielly this season.
That wasn't the way I was comparing them and Rielly isn't really an offensive defender. Two way guy for sure.

Rielly drives his first pairing and has done so for 2 years while this is the first year Manson has played on the top pairing and plays mostly with Lindholm and a bit with Fowler who drive that pairing.

Top pairing defenders in my mind have to be able to drive their own pairing which Manson never has.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
That wasn't the way I was comparing them and Rielly isn't really an offensive defender. Two way guy for sure.

Rielly drives his first pairing and has done so for 2 years while this is the first year Manson has played on the top pairing and plays mostly with Lindholm and a bit with Fowler who drive that pairing.

Top pairing defenders in my mind have to be able to drive their own pairing which Manson never has.

I think that's more the distinction between a #1 and a #2 d-man than top pairing and second pairing. Reilly/Lindholm are the #1 d-man that is the anchor of the pairing. Manson is a guy that can play on a top pairing and allow the more dominant player to safely play his game. He is not a #1 or #3 d-man who carries the first or second pairing respectively, he's a guy that allows that player to comfortably play his game. Manson chips in points (mostly even strength since he plays so little/no power play), big hits, and stands up for his teammates.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I think that's more the distinction between a #1 and a #2 d-man than top pairing and second pairing. Reilly/Lindholm are the #1 d-man that is the anchor of the pairing. Manson is a guy that can play on a top pairing and allow the more dominant player to safely play his game. He is not a #1 or #3 d-man who carries the first or second pairing respectively, he's a guy that allows that player to comfortably play his game. Manson chips in points (mostly even strength since he plays so little/no power play), big hits, and stands up for his teammates.
Yup I agree with all of that.

As to the bolded, it is so hard to argue with all the #1, #2, #3 etc defenders as everyone has different opinions of the definitions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vipers31

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yup I agree with all of that.

As to the bolded, it is so hard to argue with all the #1, #2, #3 etc defenders as everyone has different opinions of the definitions.

Yeah, it's probably not correct, but I always viewed the odd numbers as the guys that carry/ drive each pairing and the even as the secondary/ weaker guy that either complements their partner (like Manson) or needs to be babysat or carried

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You guys should take Ritchie... You'd be doing the ducks a favor.

Cant believe he went 10th overall.

Ritchie is a little more talented Clifford at 10th overall.

Last edited:

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
You guys should take Ritchie... You'd be doing the ducks a favor.

Cant believe he went 10th overall.

Ritchie is a little more talented Clifford at 10th overall.

I'd be intrigued to see what Ritchie is like without RC to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad