Proposal: Tor and Ana

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Tor - Jake Gardiner, Josh Leivo, 2018 1st rd pick

Ana - Josh Manson, Derek Grant, 2018 3rd rd pick

Gardiner goes back to where it all started. Adds speed to the back end. Leivo gets a fresh start I’m higher than most on him and think he would do great with the ducks. The first helps the Ducks add some young talent to an aging roster.

Manson adds size and toughness to a Leafs d core that needs it badly. Grant can come in a compete for the fourth line center role which we have struggled to fill. He also is a big guy. Leafs move back in the draft.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Leafs fans like it, Ducks fans hate it and say "Manson is going nowhere, especially for that".

Not the worst value though, but Jakey is a UFA in a year, and after Manson Anaheim has very little in the form of RD.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Id do Gardiner, Leivo, 2nd

Ducks can keep their 3rd

Rielly - Manson
Dermott - Zaitsev
Borgman - Hainsey

Mr Quacksworth

Apr 8, 2018
Anaheim
Losing Josh Manson would hurt, you'd have to give something back that would hurt you, too. He just signed an extension and our RD depth isn't as strong as it used to be.
Gardiner is a UFA in one year, Leivo isn't that exciting and is in most TOR proposals, and a late first isn't compelling, even from you guys. (Rakell, Steel) Did this proposal even work on NHL 18?

Reactions: go4hockey

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Losing Josh Manson would hurt, you'd have to give something back that would hurt you, too. He just signed an extension and our RD depth isn't as strong as it used to be.
Gardiner is a UFA in one year, Leivo isn't that exciting and is in most TOR proposals, and a late first isn't compelling, even from you guys. (Rakell, Steel) Did this proposal even work on NHL 18?

Gardiner would have a lot of value around the league I would imagine. He had a solid season. Just because he is a UFA at years end doesn’t mean he doesn’t have value. 1st round picks always have good value as well even if they are late.

I can understand if Ducks fans say no Manson is a solid player but acting like there is not value on the table is a bit ridiculous.

Mr Quacksworth

Apr 8, 2018
Anaheim
So the point would then be to flip Gardiner for an asset? It's not that there isn't value in the deal, it's that there's not enough value, and the pieces coming back don't come close to helping the Ducks, like Manson does. Shocker, this deal, heavily, favors TOR. Hard pass.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Gardiner would have a lot of value around the league I would imagine. He had a solid season. Just because he is a UFA at years end doesn’t mean he doesn’t have value. 1st round picks always have good value as well even if they are late.

I can understand if Ducks fans say no Manson is a solid player but acting like there is not value on the table is a bit ridiculous.

Yeah people always forget trade deadline value. Surely Gardiner could get a first at the deadline if they did not extend him.

Still, I don't image anything sane would make them want to part with the player, too important to them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tor - Jake Gardiner, Josh Leivo, 2018 1st rd pick

Ana - Josh Manson, Derek Grant, 2018 3rd rd pick

Gardiner goes back to where it all started. Adds speed to the back end. Leivo gets a fresh start I’m higher than most on him and think he would do great with the ducks. The first helps the Ducks add some young talent to an aging roster.

Manson adds size and toughness to a Leafs d core that needs it badly. Grant can come in a compete for the fourth line center role which we have struggled to fill. He also is a big guy. Leafs move back in the draft.
Anaheim easily passes. They have 2 Swedes in Larson and Pettersson who likely replace beauch and Bieksa next season.

Keeps their top 4 as lindholm and Fowler on the left with Manson and montour on the right.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Gardiner is UFA after next season. Leivo is a 24 year old forward who hasn't established himself as a NHL regular yet. Those pieces are not of much interest. Also not interested in trading Manson. No deal not even close.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Manson had a pretty underrated offensively 1/37 point were on the PP, don't know if that will be repeatable for him going forward. But regardless, his contract is pretty damn good value for ANH. They have some good offensive dman already I think they need another Manson if anything...Don't think Gardiner fit from a 'needs' perspective, and will likely cost more than Manson when he hits the UFA market

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad