Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ANA] Jhonas Enroth for 2018 7th round pick

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Anaheim didn't want him on waivers for Free :amazed: so they gave up 7th round pick instead.

Now that is gooooood GMing ... Not !!! :shakehead

Its good GMing by Lou Lam for us, and that is all that matters. While the signing originally of Enroth was a real head scratcher, that mistake has now been rectified and so all is good now in the World.

Their other players weren't injured at the time, and in making a trade, he doesn't need to pass through waivers to play in the AHL for them, where he will end up playing. Basically, it was as close to them paying nothing, for a real need right now for them, as they could pay.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Ducks farm team has 5 goalies now listed on their roster :laugh: Surprised they couldn't find anyone guy to mind the pipes though with giving up a draft pick... It doesn't appear that the team is in dire need of a goalie to stay competitive?

http://theahl.com/roster?team=404&season=54

Funny note - guess where Dallas Eakins is coaching now? :laugh:

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I was a huge Enroth booster before we got him. I hoped very much that we'd get him. I even thought he'd be as good as our starter.

No doubt -- he was ****ing awful.

His numbers historically are much better and clearly something went wrong this season.

Not sure what the issue was. I've heard things like different style from Andersen and the defense wasn't adjusting enough to compensate... not sure if that's the real reason...

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
His numbers were bad with bad teams. 903 with Buffalo in his last season there and 906 with Dallas. They shot up with LA. I wonder why a goalie would have good numbers with LA.

I said it when he signed here, he was likely going to be a bottom tier goalie. I was right. He's just not that good. He's boarder line NHL goalie at best.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Ducks farm team has 5 goalies now listed on their roster :laugh: Surprised they couldn't find anyone guy to mind the pipes though with giving up a draft pick... It doesn't appear that the team is in dire need of a goalie to stay competitive?

http://theahl.com/roster?team=404&season=54

Funny note - guess where Dallas Eakins is coaching now? :laugh:

Wonder if the hockey press in San Diego have access to donuts.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I fully expect Lou to give the 7th round pick back when we swing that ginormous trade with them at the expansion draft for one of their top defense men.

It's already done folks, just waiting for the draft.........

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Not likely the 7th will turn into something...So your saying there a chance.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Every undrafted player in the league ... (or all those who were draft eligible) could have been a 7th round pick. Fact is there will be a great player available at this spot in 2018 in all likelihood. Chances of snagging him ... low ... but he will be there. I'll take that lottery ball every time.

Besides, back when Nonis was in charge, he was the doob being talked into trading 7th round picks. Now that Lou is here, the 7th rounders are being sent here instead ;)

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
I wonder what kind of things Lou knows about Brian Murray to turn value out of a player from future considerations to a 7th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->