Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
montreal said:
Cause you've seen him play so many times?

as many as most people here.

*huuug* there, there, habsfan. I still think he's good! don't worry!

Kostitsyn > everyone else.

there, better? While I'm at it, Yann Danis > Lehtonen and Komisarek > rising crust pizza. All is well with the world!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
nomorekids said:
I think Kostitsyn is getting overrated pretty heavily here, as usual.

With the confusing exception of Jozef Balej it's hard to think of any Canadiens prospect who isn't ungodly overhyped here.

Kostitsyn is just another in a Merry-Go-Round of hype.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
With the confusing exception of Jozef Balej it's hard to think of any Canadiens prospect who isn't ungodly overhyped here.

Kostitsyn is just another in a Merry-Go-Round of hype.

Well, Balej made the unfortunate mistake of NOT being a Habs prospect anymore, thus..the stars disaligned themselves and he became "overrated" in the eyes of many.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
I think Kostitsyn is getting overrated pretty heavily here, as usual.

And if he would be on any other team, he would probably be as highly regarded as Parise, or Vanek...

Sure, we do overrate some of our prospects, but is it that hard to believe that Kostitsyn deserves to be included there? Or is it just because he's Habs property, he's overrated?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
417 TO MTL said:
And if he would be on any other team, he would probably be as highly regarded as Parise, or Vanek...

Sure, we do overrate some of our prospects, but is it that hard to believe that Kostitsyn deserves to be included there? Or is it just because he's Habs property, he's overrated?

with the names that habs fans are placing him in front of...yes. he might slide in to the top ten, but it's just not being realistic to have him listed as number two or three or even five. ahead of the Hortons, Staals, Suters and even Zherdevs.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'll give this a try...just my opinion though..

1.Fleury
2.Zherdev
3.Phaneuf
4.Stall
5.Horton
6.Vanek
7.Suter
8.Kostitsyn
9.Parise
10.Michalek or Carter (tough call)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
with the names that habs fans are placing him in front of...yes. he might slide in to the top ten, but it's just not being realistic to have him listed as number two or three or even five. ahead of the Hortons, Staals, Suters and even Zherdevs.

I agree with you about that, he dosen't deserve to be ahead of those players right now, but he should definately be in the top 10...the thing is, with Kostitsyn, he has so much talent that if put all together, could end up being the best player out of that draft, but for now, he should slot in anywhere from 8th to 10th IMO...

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Kostitsyn beats up on little kids. Big whoop. I'm sure the goalies he scores on and defensemen he dekes around will be in the NHL anyday now... UNLIKE Parise and Vanek.

CH Wizard

nomorekids said:

It's not just the habs fans that are overrating their prospects.Pits fans will put Fleury first for sure.You putted Suter second in front of Zherdev that's not realistic too if you ask me ..........

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
1. Marc-Andre Fleury
2. Nikolai Zherdev
3. Eric Staal
4. Milan Michalek
5. Dion Phaneuf
6. Ryan Suter
7. Nathan Horton
8. Thomas Vanek
9. Braydon Coburn
10. Andrei Kostitsyn

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Moskau said:
Kostitsyn beats up on little kids. Big whoop. I'm sure the goalies he scores on and defensemen he dekes around will be in the NHL anyday now... UNLIKE Parise and Vanek.

Beats up on kids? so you call playing in 2 World Championships vs. men, as the youngest player on the squad and putting up decent #'s beating up on kids?

I'm not sure if I got the meaning of your post, are you saying that Kostitsyn only plays vs. inferior competition?

X-SHARKIE

what has Kostitsyn done since being drafted that would make him worth more then the prospects taken ahead of him and a few behind him.

I much rather have Getzlaf, Carter,Stewart,Richards,Seabrooke,Bergeron and mabey a few others more then Kostitsyn. How you have him in the top 10 from that draft as of today is just biasness.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
417 TO MTL said:
I'm not sure if I got the meaning of your post, are you saying that Kostitsyn only plays vs. inferior competition?
Uhh... yeah.

Name me some players he's dominated against that will be in the NHL anytime soon. Unlike Parise, Vanek, Getzlaf, Carter etc. where the majority of the opposition has a future in some form of a NA Professional league.

I could go outside and toe drag by my Dad and then roof a shot over my uncle's arm, both are men, but who cares if they are both scrubs?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
thegreatone said:
It's not just the habs fans that are overrating their prospects.Pits fans will put Fleury first for sure.You putted Suter second in front of Zherdev that's not realistic too if you ask me ..........

I think that top-flight, almost sure-fire first pairing d-men are harder to come by these days than snipers. that's just my opinion. I think that Suter\Phaneuf(i really would have liked to call them 2a and 2b, as i view them as pretty equal prospects) are only slightly below bouwmeester in terms of slam dunk defensive prospects. shrug. I should add also that goaltenders are even harder to come by, hence my selection of Fleury.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Moskau said:
Uhh... yeah.

Name me some players he's dominated against that will be in the NHL anytime soon. Unlike Parise, Vanek, Getzlaf, Carter etc. where the majority of the opposition has a future in some form of a NA Professional league.

I could go outside and toe drag by my Dad and then roof a shot over my uncle's arm, both are men, but who cares if they are both scrubs?

That's such a stupid logic...

What's the point of naming you players he dominated against, since me or you don't even know them, he played overseas, so what are you saying? all european players play in inferior junior leagues compared to players in NA, does that make them weaker players?

Go look at some of the tournaments he participated in, he played vs. men, he helped a few teams win league championships, he's played well internationally, which should point to the fact that he's clutch...

WHy don't you name me some players, Kovalchuck dominated against, or Milan Michalek or Malkin, name me some players they dominated...

You guys just jump at the 1st chance you see to downgrade any habs prospects, for no aparent reason, you have no knowledge as to what type of player he is, or what he's done, you just think he's overrated cause he's property of the Habs!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
X-SHARKIE said:
what has Kostitsyn done since being drafted that would make him worth more then the prospects taken ahead of him and a few behind him.

I much rather have Getzlaf, Carter,Stewart,Richards,Seabrooke,Bergeron and mabey a few others more then Kostitsyn. How you have him in the top 10 from that draft as of today is just biasness.

Ok, what has any player from that draft done since being drafted? HE WAS DRAFTED 1 YEAR AGO FOR GOD'S SAKE, GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE TO AT LEAST PLAY IN NORTH AMERICA AND THEN MAKE YOUR JUDGEMENT.

And good for you if you would rather have those players ahead of Kostitsyn, i'll take the player with the higher ceiling for the Habs, they needed this type of player, and if you take out his medical condition he had at the draft, there's no way he falls to 10th for the Habs, so what's your point?

Your a Sharks fan, what has Michalek done since being drafted? what... your going to tell me he made the team and he was great during pre season? :handclap: bravo!

Did he have jaw dropping stats in Europe before coming over to NA...NO!...did he play vs. stiff competition before coming to NA...NO!...so I guess he's overrated too right?

But Kostitsyn hasn't played a second of hockey in the AHL or NHL, so why don't you wait before making a judgement, it seems like the logical thing to do

Sometimes it seems on these boards the Habs could of drafted Ovcheckin, and still, most people would think he's overrated cause the Habs drafted him...i'm not trying to sound like a baby, but this is getting ridiculous

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
X-SHARKIE said:

Why is it that everyone who has drafted in the top 10 deserves to be there except Kostitsyn?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Moskau said:
How many games has Kostitsyn played in Upper Tiers?

Why don't you look it up...and really I don't care how many games he's played in "Upper tiers" whatever that means...

What i'm trying to say is, out of the top 10 players drafted that year, kostitsyn was drafted 10th, now why is it when I make up a list and I include him at 8th he dosen't deserve to be there, but everybody else does?

You bring up the point that he hasn't played anyone, he was good enough to represent his country at the World Championships as a 19 year old, dosen't that mean something to you, he's going to play in his 5th WJC this year, do you realize how young he was when he first suited up to represent his country?

I don't mind you saying that he's not a good player or whatever, it's just that you have no basis to say that upon, you've never seen him play...would you be saying the same thing if he was drafted by another team?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
417 TO MTL said:
Why don't you look it up...and really I don't care how many games he's played in "Upper tiers" whatever that means...

What i'm trying to say is, out of the top 10 players drafted that year, kostitsyn was drafted 10th, now why is it when I make up a list and I include him at 8th he dosen't deserve to be there, but everybody else does?

You bring up the point that he hasn't played anyone, he was good enough to represent his country at the World Championships as a 19 year old, dosen't that mean something to you, he's going to play in his 5th WJC this year, do you realize how young he was when he first suited up to represent his country?

I don't mind you saying that he's not a good player or whatever, it's just that you have no basis to say that upon, you've never seen him play...would you be saying the same thing if he was drafted by another team?

What country is he repping?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Moskau said:
What country is he repping?

You see what I mean, you made a comment about a player, you know nothing about...i'm not even going to answer that question, if you don't even know where he's from, than there's no use continuing this...thanks anyways though :)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
417 TO MTL said:
You see what I mean, you made a comment about a player, you know nothing about...i'm not even going to answer that question, if you don't even know where he's from, than there's no use continuing this...thanks anyways though :)
Nono say it... Belarus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad