Prospect Info: Top Shelf Prospects: New Jersey Devils

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
http://lastwordonsports.com/top-shelf-prospects-new-jersey-devils-2/

Top Shelf Prospects: New Jersey Devils

The graduations of Adam Larsson, Jacob Josefsson, and Adam Henrique over the last few years along with the trading of multiple draft picks (the Devils only had 5 picks this year) has left the Devils prospect pipeline lacking in depth. Meanwhile, questions surrounding Merrill, and Stefan Matteau who quit on his QMJHL team during the playoffs, have raised concerns about the character of two of the team’s most high profile prospects. As a result the Devils group just doesn’t match up when compared to other NHL clubs. With the Devils 2014 first round pick set to be forfeited, GM Lou Lamoriello will have his work cut out for him replenishing the Devils system. One area where the Devils have some nice depth though is in goal where the competition between Scott Wedgewood, Jeff Frazee, and Keith Kincaid should be fierce in the coming years.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jeff Frazee is gone now, in Italy. I would say we have more depth on defense than anywhere else.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Someone who has no clue. There are 6 to 8 potential NHL defenseman in this pipeline....most teams don't have 6 potential NHLers in their pipeline...

Frazee is gone and the dude has no idea what he is talking about...it sounds more like a HF post than a real analysis.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
This is better than most of the crap that HF partners post, which is usually uninspired and rehashed garbage pulled up from Google.

I do have two problems though:

1.) "The Devils prospect pipeline lacking in depth". Depth is what we do have, the problem is outside of Merrill, Severson, and Boucher we don't have any top-end talent. We have a vast wealth plenty of grinders, checkers, role players, and "depth".

2.) Frazee is no longer in the system, the Devils didn't qualify him and he's now playing in Europe.

Could do without the editorial about how Lou sucks and the team is old and that the sky is falling.

B A T M A N

Should have given up the 29th pick last year to the NHL. Instead we take Matteau. God, I will always resent him, just because he'll never live up to any hype whatsoever.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I don't think the kid who led the OHL (CHL?) in goals and broke Steven Stamkos's goal record for his junior club counts as a "sleeper prospect." Maybe if this article was written a year ago, which might explain the Frazee thing too. :laugh:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I don't think the kid who led the OHL (CHL?) in goals and broke Steven Stamkos's goal record for his junior club counts as a "sleeper prospect." Maybe if this article was written a year ago, which might explain the Frazee thing too. :laugh:

i dont even think that would explain it,

watched Frazee play / believed he is going to be "fierce" in coming years... you can't have done both of those things within the last few years.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Another awful awful analysis. Frazee left, kinkaid's name is spelled wrong, and our depth on D in the pipeline is outstanding. Don't bother posting this garbage if you have no idea what you're talking about...

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Every time I see one of these, I get the idea that we could crowdsource better content from the HF Devils board consensus. Maybe we should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad