Top Russian Super League prospects!

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
http://hockeysfuture.com/articles/9478

i can't believe the maple leafs got nikolai kulemin 44th overall last year. what a freakin' steal for that organization. he looks like a stud, along the lines of alexander semin and to a lesser extent evgeny malkin.

great article.

i cant believe they are saying kulemin is born in 88. shouldnt someone writing for hockeys future and about russian prospect know he is born in 86 :dunno:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Hm, a curious list... but I don't quite understand the criteria for the rankings. If it is based purely on the contribution of a given prospect to his respective RSL team as stated in the article, why do names like Mozyakin and Zinovjev figurate in the honourable mentions as opposed to the top of the list? If a based on potential, the list becomes less puzzling, but still presents a few head scratchers... How come Barulin is present in the honourable mentions when Koshechkin's name is omitted? Where exactly is Ilya Nikulin? Or, considering that this is the "first installment", are these just general updates on some of Russia's top prospects as opposed to actual rankings?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
We're surely excited about Nikolai Kulemin right here in Toronto.

Scott Morrison hit a bullseye with that one. I'm loving the scouting staff in Toronto. They find good talent in the later rounds. Some recent players are Anton Stralman, Nikolai Kulemin, and to a certain extent Tyler Ruegsseger.

mooseOAK*

We're surely excited about Nikolai Kulemin right here in Toronto.

Scott Morrison hit a bullseye with that one. I'm loving the scouting staff in Toronto. They find good talent in the later rounds. Some recent players are Anton Stralman, Nikolai Kulemin, and to a certain extent Tyler Ruegsseger.

Dave Morrison, actually.

I was surprised that Kulemin was even available when the Leafs picked. He had already passed through one draft, sure, but he had a great WJC.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Alex Bumagin had a dynamite WJC. I would have thought he'd have made the cut.

Truth is, nobody knows about any of these guys until they come to the NHL.

Yeah I wouldn't mind grabbing Cherepanov this draft to reunite the Bumagin/Cherepanov dynamic duo of death from the WJC. No problem with that at all...

Good to see Grebs on the list as well, I'm hoping he can challenge for a top6 spot with us next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->