Top Prospects Skill Competition Results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Anyone go to the skills competition in London today? Any thoughts/impressions?

Apparently, they had some testing earlier in the day and these were the results:

Fastest 60' dash - Adam Berti, Oshawa
Fastest 150' dash - Chad Painchaud, Missisauga
Fastest lap - Mike Green, Saskatoon
Fastest puck control - Wojtek Wolski, Brampton
Hardest Shot - Andy Rogers, Calgary - 96.8

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
willie said:

Apparently, they had some testing earlier in the day and these were the results:

I Think with a very good skills competition and a good prospects game, Adam Berti may just open up some eyes. Lets not forget that this kid was considered to be a potential top 10 pick for this draft a while ago, before he got injured for all of last season and his hockey career appeared in jeopardy. He's bounced back this year strong, and even though he's looked good, he's still improving and getting back his game. He's a power forward with speed and skill and these are the type of guys who people really seem to love. I think this is a kid that we could really see rise in the draft rankings during the second half.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I agree. Berti could be a potential first rounder with a solid finish to the season. He has the size, speed and skill although it would be nice to see him play more physical. (though he is a terrific fighter) I think he would also benefit a lot from playing with a playmaking center which Oshawa is lacking. That said, it's always good to see kids come back strong from very serious injuries and hopefully he can surprise some people.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
willie said:
I agree. Berti could be a potential first rounder with a solid finish to the season. He has the size, speed and skill although it would be nice to see him play more physical. (though he is a terrific fighter) I think he would also benefit a lot from playing with a playmaking center which Oshawa is lacking. That said, it's always good to see kids come back strong from very serious injuries and hopefully he can surprise some people.

Definitely agree.

When i mentioned that he is still doesn't appear to be 100% back to himself, i was talking about the physical nature of his game. I think this is just a result of him still being wary of his knee and as he starts to become more comfortable again, the physical nature could be unlocked again.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
willie said:

Anyone have the link to the entire teams scores/times?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->