Top Prospects Game

donjohnson

Jan 29, 2013
It's a CHL property but they made it pretty clear during the broadcast last night that EVERYTHING is dictated by the NHL including selection of players, lines, etc.

I'm guessing the NHL wants to see everyone together and gave an ultimatum to the CHL.

Opinionated

Mar 27, 2014
I like it but from the CHL standpoint there is a 50% reduction in the players the three Canadian leagues can showcase.
Not necessarily a 50% reduction if the CHL chooses to / is told to use two separate line-ups for the two game series.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I like it but from the CHL standpoint there is a 50% reduction in the players the three Canadian leagues can showcase.
I think like the old subway series they will play different players from both sides , hence why the 2 games. It will not lessen the exposure for both groups. they will just play in one game or the other .

Too he honest raises the bar a bit and might see some nasty scrums.

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I think like the old subway series they will play different players from both sides , hence why the 2 games. It will not lessen the exposure for both groups. they will just play in one game or the other .

Too he honest raises the bar a bit and might see some nasty scrums.
So, the CHL players would be split into two squads to play a game each? Would they play against the same team or will the US players be 40 players split into two squads as well?

Pretty sweet deal for the US if the same 20 players get to play both games.

Double the exposure.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
So, the CHL players would be split into two squads to play a game each? Would they play against the same team or will the US players be 40 players split into two squads as well?

Pretty sweet deal for the US if the same 20 players get to play both games.

Double the exposure.
I'd guess each team gets one roster with a handful of extras (5 or so) they can sub in for the second night. Do one night in a CHL city/arena and the other at an American venue that's relatively close. Could do Plymouth one night then Windsor. GTA and Buffalo. Vancouver/Seattle. Halifax and Providence. etc.

Reactions: ohloutsider

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I'd guess each team gets one roster with a handful of extras (5 or so) they can sub in for the second night. Do one night in a CHL city/arena and the other at an American venue that's relatively close. Could do Plymouth one night then Windsor. GTA and Buffalo. Vancouver/Seattle. Halifax and Providence. etc.
I'm sure it would be very similar to the old Subway series. Some players would play twice, some once and 1 local kid thrown in to draw fans to the games. Who plays what is driven by what kids the NHL teams want to see. To be honest I can see interest for this. Good chance for the CHL to show why it is a good league for kids to play in. If nothing else it gives the league more exposure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad