Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Rawlings was invited to the Habs development camp last summer, and they could be signing his teammate Steve Quailer this summer, plus the Habs sorely need to improve their goaltending depth so perhaps they will give him an offer.

I hope so. I saw a couple of Canadiens guys and oddly enough, Jacques Martin, at Northeastern's last game of the season. The potential is still there for Quailer though and they may agree.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Are there any teams interested in him?

I haven't heard too much about him. My guess is he'll probably be offered either an AHL or ECHL contract when he's done at MTU.

odha: Hard to say. I'm inclined to think that he'll turn pro if the right offer comes along, considering just how much interest there has been in Rawlings. But like NUhockey, I'd love to see him return to Northeastern to finish out his college career and give them some stability heading into next season.

Anchor Town*

I don't want to start a new thread about it so i'll ask the question here. How much would a D2 NJ league get scouted? We have a kid here in Northern NJ that absolutely destroys D2. Everyone questions how their team got him. IMO he's easily better than some of the better prospects that are/were NJ based.

Well there's no DII NCAA hockey so you're mistaken and either mean NCAA DIII or ACHA (club hockey) DII

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
not positive about this but i believe rylan schwartz(jared's brother) is a ufa. been having a a great year and would think that he would be one to draw some interest

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
It's a Amazing to me that not one person has mentioned Duke Earle. I know he is only 16 but this USA player has potential to be the next Scott Stevens. He is already 6feet 4 and weighs 207 at 16. Has a great shot terrific offensive mind. Averaged more than a point a game last season playing against 17 and 18 year olds. I sure hope the rangers don't pass this guy non the draft.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
It's a Amazing to me that not one person has mentioned Duke Earle. I know he is only 16 but this USA player has potential to be the next Scott Stevens. He is already 6feet 4 and weighs 207 at 16. Has a great shot terrific offensive mind. Averaged more than a point a game last season playing against 17 and 18 year olds. I sure hope the rangers don't pass this guy non the draft.
Title: Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects This Year

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
The Kings have signed Yale Bulldogs captain and leading scorer Brian O'Neill.

warner41

Jan 20, 2012
Northern New York
Two of our undrafted seniors at Clarkson signed, Louke Oakley went to Wheeling last week and has 2 points in 3 games. Jake Morley just signed with Springfield. Oaks lacks size (5'10", 185) but has good skill 35 points in 37 games this season. Mores is a beast, 6'2", 220, a really gritty shutdown winger. Both good kids, they will both do well.

warner41

Jan 20, 2012
Northern New York
The Kings have signed Yale Bulldogs captain and leading scorer Brian O'Neill.

I've only seen him in 5 games at Cheel but have watched quite a bit of video on him this year. He is highly skilled but his size might be a problem. He's only 5'8", 165, great hockey sense though. Great college player, something like 160 points at Yale.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Two of our undrafted seniors at Clarkson signed, Louke Oakley went to Wheeling last week and has 2 points in 3 games. Jake Morley just signed with Springfield. Oaks lacks size (5'10", 185) but has good skill 35 points in 37 games this season. Mores is a beast, 6'2", 220, a really gritty shutdown winger. Both good kids, they will both do well.

Booo (sorry go to RPI ;) )

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Joey LaLeggia of the University of Denver is beyond good. I would love him on my own team.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Cameron Schilling (D - Miami) and Matt Tennyson (D - Western Michigan) should garner some attention as well

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Brian Burke is attending the Michigan/Western Michigan game right now in Detroit according to the announcers. So it looks like Toronto is trying to make a play for DeKeyser?

Anchor Town*

Brian Burke is attending the Michigan/Western Michigan game right now in Detroit according to the announcers. So it looks like Toronto is trying to make a play for DeKeyser?

Everyone is going to want Dekeyser, not just Burke, so don't read into it too much. Wings look to be the favorite going forward as he is from the area, grew up a Wings fan, attended their prospect camp previously, grew up playing with and is good friends with Jim Nill's son (Assistant GM for Detroit)

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Everyone is going to want Dekeyser, not just Burke, so don't read into it too much. Wings look to be the favorite going forward as he is from the area, grew up a Wings fan, attended their prospect camp previously, grew up playing with and is good friends with Jim Nill's son (Assistant GM for Detroit)

I know everyone wants him. Just wanted to pass along the info for others. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad