Top non Canadian prospects @ U-18 WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Could someone please list as many top prospects they know that will be participating in the U-18 tournament in mid April.

I know the Canadians and some of the Americans participating.

But Germany, Russia, Sweden, Finland ect. I dont know.

Thank you.

OK, I'm not sure if they will participate but I read those two played very well at the U-17 so they might have a chance to make their respective teams at the U-18

Juuso Puustinen and Jiri Tlusy

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
fredez said:
OK, I'm not sure if they will participate but I read those two played very well at the U-17 so they might have a chance to make their respective teams at the U-18

Juuso Puustinen and Jiri Tlusy
Juuso Puustinen wasn't selected to the Finnish squad. Jiri Tlusty will be at the tournament and will probably be one of the stars of the Czech Repulic's team.

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
Could someone please list as many top prospects they know that will be participating in the U-18 tournament in mid April.

I know the Canadians and some of the Americans participating.

But Germany, Russia, Sweden, Finland ect. I dont know.

Thank you.
Here you can find information of the Finnish team plus this season's stats, player sizes, draft eligibilities, some line speculation and then some... Enjoy! :)
Link: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=136967

But at least keep your eye on these Finnish players:
2005 eligibles: Perttu Lindgren, Tuukka Rask, Mikko Lehtonen and Teemu Laakso
2006 eligibles: Jesse Joensuu, Robert Nyholm, Oskar Osala, Jonas Enlund and Joonas Kemppainen

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
For other teams I guess these players are worth watching:
Russia: 2005 eligibles; Denis Istomin, Ilja Zubov, Vyacheslav Trukhno, Gennady Churilov and 2007 eligible Maxim Grachev

Sweden: 2005 eligible Nicklas Bergfors

Czech Republic: 2006 eligible Michael Frolik

Unfortunately that's about all that I know...Few names ring a bell other than those mentioned but since I'm not so sure I didn't add them to the lists. Germany,Switzerland,Denmark and Slovakia are completely unknown to me. :help:

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
That was an analysis of the Swiss players at a Tourney by the end of last year. It was in German, translated with bubblefish, got not much time to correct it, so sorry for the grammatical mistakes... :huh:

Switzerland:

Reto Berra, the Goalie from the ZSC Lions organization, is rather highly classified from today's view. Its calm, calm radiant emittance paired with its body size and the ability to be able to decide plays in the single-handed attempt makes him attractive for the Scouts. He must become still steadier in its achievements however. Seen from the development potential it is considered however as Swiss of this year Goalie NR. 1.

Janick Steinmann is reliable, steady defensive centers however in the last months only insignificantly developed. He has some NHL elements in its play, particularly the physical-play, he is however somewhat rigid in the hip and which does not please me at all is that it plays with a very short stick. This is NHL unfit, it assigns hereby some valuable centimeters, particularly with the "Poke Checking". One of the outstanding weapons the NHL star Mats Sundin and Zdeno Chara is their very long stick it intelligently to begin knows.

Andrea Chiesa improved. In the summer he was very, very slow in the start, this is it still, but as said: He improved and this improvement with the "Footspeed" me happy very much made. His Body is anyhow NHL worthy and also its of full of seeds shots from the blue line sometimes is impressing.

Adrien Lauper has likewise certain chances. On the other hand it would not surprise me in this year from today's view, if perhaps only one Swiss would be drafted, in any case as few as already for a long time no more.

Swiss "Underagers", thus players for the 2006 draft, from today's view Arnaud Jacquemet isnteresting (he must work still on its skating in close traffic) and huge Goalie Lukas Flueeler (however he has still to deal with some technical lack).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->