Confirmed Signing with Link: Top NHL prospect Kaprizov has re-signed in KHL for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
See ya, I mean, won't be seein ya, all the best to Kaprizov, hopefully this is the first deal of many in the KHL.
All the best?

I say screw em. Dont waste an NHL draft pick that some other kid would have killed for.

Scumbag in my mind. probably knew he would stay over there from the beginning.

I hope he sucks and doesnt earn another contract. And im not even a Wild fan.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
When he was drafted, did something happen with him and management? Or is he just wanting to stay in Russia?
There was some sort of breakdown in communication between the Wild and Kaprizov last year. The Wild were communicating mostly through Kaprizov's NA agent, but apparently the signal was getting any further than that. Theydidn't realize anything was wrong until Kaprizov signed the extension. In hindsight they should have been more proactive about reaching out directly and avoiding confusion. It's a downside of not having any previous experience with Russian players.

Kaprizov has since switched NA representation to Dan Milstein and everyone seems to be on the same page. I also don't doubt that Kaprizov saw some sense in playing another year or two in the KHL.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
The Minnesota Wild drafted 4 Russians between 2000 and 2015.

112 draft picks, 4 Russians.
I'm not sure what your point is. Is it that there are reasons why he might not want to play in Minnesota? If so, then yeah - we all get it. If it's that the Wild should trade him then no - there's no reason for the Wild to trade him. Other than that, it plays out how it plays out. Kaprizov wants to play in North America, he'll play in Minnesota (at least for a time). If not, then he can stay in Russia. Obviously, Wild fans would prefer that he come over but I wish him well, either way.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Glad to see he won't be ruined by coming to NA too early...he should probably just stay in Russia until he's 27 and can sign with a team that isn't the Mild...

maxb221

Jun 24, 2014
Montreal
AS: And now the most important question: why you are not in Minnesota? If you didn’t sign a contract with CSKA up to 2020 you could fly there next spring.

KK: Well, you know that they weren’t too interested in me. What round was I picked at? The fifth? “I think that they forgot about me immediately after the selection. Only when I made it to the WC they started to do something and started talking with my agent. We all seen the job the Maple Leafs did with Nikita Zaitsev. There was nothing like that with me. I want to play in the NHL. Just not now, but a bit later. At first, I need to play well here, to be more confident. Sometimes I don’t play well even here, in the KHL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
AS: And now the most important question: why you are not in Minnesota? If you didn’t sign a contract with CSKA up to 2020 you could fly there next spring.

KK: Well, you know that they weren’t too interested in me. What round was I picked at? The fifth? “I think that they forgot about me immediately after the selection. Only when I made it to the WC they started to do something and started talking with my agent. We all seen the job the Maple Leafs did with Nikita Zaitsev. There was nothing like that with me. I want to play in the NHL. Just not now, but a bit later. At first, I need to play well here, to be more confident. Sometimes I don’t play well even here, in the KHL.

Miscommunication.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017

Or maybe the Wild did a poor job in the first year following his draft. It's unfortunate that a young player would hold it against the team but it must have really affected Kaprizov at the time. This is the problem with Minnesota not drafting or having Russians on their team for 20 years. They have had almost no presence in the Russian hockey community. They clearly haven't done much in terms of investing in scouting in Russia or having any faith that Russian talent could benefit them.

Russia is a world power in hockey. It sends a message when you draft 4 Russian teenagers over two decades. Especially given the talent in Russia.

I have no bone to pick with Minny or the Wild. But if you put yourself in Kaprizov's shoes, it isn't difficult to understand why he doesn't want to play for that management team.

If there were to be an entire overhaul of the front office, then I think he could sign with the Wild. He may just not have any trust in the current regime.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Worry about your own horse**** team instead of trolling threads about the "Mild"

It's too hard not to tease that section of russian fans who bemoan any russian prospect coming to NA before 23-24 as an auto-bust

...that I got a side swipe in on our divisional rivals was just a side-perk :sarcasm:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
That's right.

The point still stands that the team isn't good enough for Kaprizov to overlook all the other factors.
1. The team is not that good.
2. The team has few young stars. If any.
3. The market is not desirable, for a Russian.
4. Wild have no history with Russian players.
5. He would take a pay cut to come over.

For Kaprizov, there are many reasons to avoid Minnesota.
For it not being desirable for him he sure likes an awful lot of the Wild instagram posts.:cool:

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Bolts like Russians, and have a GM that can can speak some Russian. Maybe the thought he could play with Kucherov/Namestnikov/Vasilevskiy could lure him back to the NHL.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Or maybe the Wild did a poor job in the first year following his draft. It's unfortunate that a young player would hold it against the team but it must have really affected Kaprizov at the time. This is the problem with Minnesota not drafting or having Russians on their team for 20 years. They have had almost no presence in the Russian hockey community. They clearly haven't done much in terms of investing in scouting in Russia or having any faith that Russian talent could benefit them.

Russia is a world power in hockey. It sends a message when you draft 4 Russian teenagers over two decades. Especially given the talent in Russia.

I have no bone to pick with Minny or the Wild. But if you put yourself in Kaprizov's shoes, it isn't difficult to understand why he doesn't want to play for that management team.

If there were to be an entire overhaul of the front office, then I think he could sign with the Wild. He may just not have any trust in the current regime.
You are reading way too much into all of this.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, Russians are into conspiracies, after all. Recent news makes one wonder about some of the "out there" Russian posters on HFB who's sole raison d'etre seems to be putting down North America. Not talking about solid dudes like Caser who is a great contributor to HFB, but guys who do nothing but bitch about how bad it is in NA, and how wonderful Russia and the KHL is.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well, Russians are into conspiracies, after all. Recent news makes one wonder about some of the "out there" Russian posters on HFB who's sole raison d'etre seems to be putting down North America. Not talking about solid dudes like Caser who is a great contributor to HFB, but guys who do nothing but ***** about how bad it is in NA, and how wonderful Russia and the KHL is.
I can't tell if this post is tongue in cheek, but I hope it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->