Top EUROPEAN player for 07

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Jakub Voracek is the top European right now. He has a good change at going #1, some rate him above EA and Couture. Backlund is the best swedish prospect in the draft, i thought he would go top 5 but it seems everyone has cooled down on him. I remember alot of Swedish posters were saying he would end up better than Backstrom. I don't know if they are saying that now, but it indicates how good Backlund may be.

A couple of extremely talented Russians are available. I won't even try to remember their names, one starts with a K. I think there are Russian Twins available this year, Ruslan and Roman something. I dunno, i may have got my draft years mixed up.

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
Who is the top European player in the 07 NHL ENTRY DRAFT and some notible russians if any.

Yep. Top-ranked European for 2007 NHL draft is clearly Jakub Voracek. He is playing in QMJHL for Halifax Mooseheads. He is from Czech Republic. Right-winger, very good skills, good grit, too.

Top Russians would be Vitaly Karamnov (Dynamo), Ruslan Bashkirov and his smaller twin brother Roman. Ruslan is more highly regarded as a pro prospect, but Roman has been playing very well, so far. Both play for Quebec. Of note, Maxime Gratchev of Rimouski was born in Russia, but grew up in the United States, so I'm not sure if he qualifies in your book as a Russian, but I'll let you decide.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I'd take Cherepanov as the first Russian taken. Currently has 9pts in 16g for Avangard.:yo:
He's a bit small though.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Expect Oscar Moller to shoot up the rankings by the time the draft comes around. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be the 2nd european taken.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
He doesn't really count since he's in the CHL. He will be considered a North American draft pick.

Depends who's list you are on. I believe both CSS and ISS use where the player is currently playing to determine if they are NA or Euro, but other lists base them on country of citizenship. Most of hte top ranked Europeans are playing in NA this year (Voracek, Moller, Bashkirovs, Repik)

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Depends who's list you are on. I believe both CSS and ISS use where the player is currently playing to determine if they are NA or Euro, but other lists base them on country of citizenship. Most of hte top ranked Europeans are playing in NA this year (Voracek, Moller, Bashkirovs, Repik)

IMO, when most people ask about "European player" they're usually referring to prospects playing in Europe, not European-born players in NA.

Just my two cents on this.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I'd take Cherepanov as the first Russian taken. Currently has 9pts in 16g for Avangard.:yo:
He's a bit small though.

i have heard good things about him and he's stats sound like top 10 material. could this happen??

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings

NHL Central Scouting creates several lists, but they have four main lists. North American skaters and goalies as well as European skaters and goalies. These lists are based on where the player is playing.

At ISS, we create a merged ranking of Europeans and North Americans, but we still separate goalies from skaters. So, when someone asks us who the top Europeans are, we think of Jakub Voracek as a European because he's from the Czech Republic.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm personally looking at Repik going in the top 20. I think his size is the only thing that hurts him (5'11, 175).

Is Marek Benda still #1 for Goalies?
Yeah. I think he'll go in the 15-20 range. Hands aside, I've actually became a fan when he went after the other teams goon last year to stick up for Brule.

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
Ruslan Bashkirov and his smaller twin brother Roman.

So, does anybody think we'll see a team try to pick these brothers back to back, like the Canucks did with the Sedins? I don't mean as high as #2 and #3, but just try to get both of them in general, or is their potential vastly different, and wouldn't warrant picking them back to back? Also, does anybody know if they even play together, with the same type of chemistry as the Sedins?

AgentNaslund*

I'm personally looking at Repik going in the top 20. I think his size is the only thing that hurts him (5'11, 175).

Is Marek Benda still #1 for Goalies?

size is not an issue in the NEW NHL. Buffalo Sabres dress 14 players under 6 feet.

Ruslan Bashkirov and his smaller twin brother Roman.

So, does anybody think we'll see a team try to pick these brothers back to back, like the Canucks did with the Sedins? I don't mean as high as #2 and #3, but just try to get both of them in general, or is their potential vastly different, and wouldn't warrant picking them back to back? Also, does anybody know if they even play together, with the same type of chemistry as the Sedins?

im guessing Brian Burke will try to beat us to it. Your saying one is smaller, how small are they? A inch shorter or what. Daniel is 1 inch shorter then Henrik, so yea.
anyways, anyone know their current ranking?

Ok nevermind. Just found out that the older twin is 6'0 189 the younger twin is 5'10 166 :amazed:

ISS Hockey

Top30 Draft Rankings
size is not an issue in the NEW NHL. Buffalo Sabres dress 14 players under 6 feet.

im guessing Brian Burke will try to beat us to it. Your saying one is smaller, how small are they? A inch shorter or what. Daniel is 1 inch shorter then Henrik, so yea.
anyways, anyone know their current ranking?

Ok nevermind. Just found out that the older twin is 6'0 189 the younger twin is 5'10 166 :amazed:

So far, Roman is outscoring Ruslan for the Remparts. However, prospect potential should not be measured in statistics alone, as we all know. One thing to note, Ruslan had a great under-18 tournament for Russia last spring as a 16 year old.

http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournamen...data/iihf/output/xml/63/IHM0630RUS_83_2_0.pdf

In our latest rankings, Ruslan is ranked No. 31 for 2007, Roman is ranked 67th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->