Top 60 in 04. (spirit of stibliks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
1st round
1. Alexander Ovechkin- Happy to see him drafted so I can stop waiting for him.

2. Yevgeny Malkin- Big enough, fast enough, doggonit people like him.

3. Cam Barker- Ready to do his thing at the NHL level. A dandy D.

4. Al Radulov- Fast gifted scorer. Happy he climbed the charts.

5. Radislav Olesz-Bugger to those who fancy him a bust. Gona make it.

6. Lauri Tukonen- Two way center who is still developing his O. Dandy lad.

7. Drew Stafford- His intensity is why this winger is here. Plays C too.

8. A.J. Thelen- I laughed at Sharkie when I saw he had him so high early this season, whos laughing now. Coin toss as to who is the best D this draft.

9. Marek Schwarz- Next Hasek type goalie who can challenge for a start soon.

10.Andrew Ladd- I have him ahead of Stafford but, he floats from time to time. Still a great player, maybe the best of his draft at his spot.

11. Rob Schremp- From second to 11th. I think him a steal here.

12. Enver Lisin- Speed to burn hands to snipe. Whats not to like?

13. Alexander Picard- If he weren't from the Q I would have him higher.

14.Wes Oniel- In two years will be one of the better young d in the game.

15. Wojtek Wolski- Consistency is the bugaboo for this lad. Still a top talent.

16. Boris Valibak- Big mean monster. I love this lad. Watch him go higher(9th)

17. Mike Green- Just a little less than Valabik.

18. Kyle Chipchura- Future Captain of the Habs.

19. Alvaro Montoya- Another astonishing slip. Great goalie could go higher.

20. Dave Bolland- A dandy who has only time to make him a solid player.

21. Jakub Sindel- Its his puck work that makes him so well loved by me. Try and take it.

22. Oscar Hedman- A fiesty hard hitting fun player who needs time to grow.

23. Kirill Lymin- All around solid player who skates very well.

24. Brian Bickell- Left Wing Powerforward who will be a next generation dandy.

25. Adam Berti- Just started putting his game together. A steal.

26. Carl Söderberg-A great all around player who should be one of the "steals"in04.

27. Johan Franson- My sleeper of this year draft, sort of.

28. Evan Mcgrath- hands and speed, I believe Evan, I believe.

29. Ladsilav Smid- A quiet player who will add grand depth.

30. Lukas Kaspar- Brings speed and hands to the table. Time will make him more.

Second round. (Bunched together more. I did this for the Kings boards so sorry for the references to our own players, still should work though. Ask if you need any clearifications)

31. David Schantz- He established himself as a dandy in the post season.
32. Andrej Meszaros- Skilled speed two way bluey.
33. Cory Schneider- Had a great U18 and will likely make some second round noise.
34. Roman Voloshenko- Would be higher if he were faster. Great hands.
35. Blake Wheeler- See Boyle from last year. HS tops player.
36. Petteri Nokelainen- Could go in the first round. Karlson type with skills.
37. Lauri Korpikoski- My draft board mate loves him. I don't know, he looks good.
38. Adam Pineault- Fast great hands questionable head. Could make it.
35. Johannes Salmonsson- Would be a top 20 if he weren't injury prone.
37. Devan Dubnyk- Third best goalie in draft.
38. Travis Zajac- Love this kid.
39. Roman Tesliuk- Has Anshankov written all over him as to his being ingnored.
40. David Booth- Not the best skater but plays tough. Klatt type.
41. Paul Stastny- Has skills like but needs time to prove his self.
42. Mikhail Yunkov- See Pushkaryev for upside. See Federov for down.
43. Kyle Wharton- If he makes it, all will wonder why he were skipped.
44. Sergei Ogorodnikov- See Anshankov for upside, see Lyubshin for down.
45. John Lammers- Plays an energy game and hits like a train. Needs to score more.
46. Justin Peters- See Munce. Solid skills fast feet, needs work.
47. Alexei Emelin- Scrawny but skilled. Fast but needs time.
48. Roman Tomanek- Great Job at U18s. Not a finisher yet, could be though.
49. Ryan Garlock- Andy Murray type who will be a solid character player in NHL.
50. Vaclav Meidl- GIANT with skills when he wants to use them. Either god or goat.
51. T.J. Hensick- USA had a great season. I feel he has NHL skills.
52. Sami Lepisto- One of the top snipers of the entire draft. Will it translate to NHL?
53. Andy Rogers- Could be a dandy checking grinder type if only....
54. Martins Karsums- Exciting fast solid player, late second steal.
55. Juraj Gracik- Jens Karlson type Power Forward. If he makes it.
56. Alex Pluschyev- Hands like a god, head like a brick..
57. Bruce Graham - Centermen that could sneak higher up.Talented fast streaky.
58. Kris Chuko- LW who should be a center.Looks to pass first. Could go higher.
59. Mark Fistric - Defencemen who could end up a second/third pairing.Safepick.
60. Jeff Shultz - 6'6" who just turned 18. He could opt out.If he is drafted this year he could go allot higher. Talented fast big defencman. Mean.

Last edited:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Nice work punchy. Need to take out Bruce Graham at 57 though as you seem to have edited the list to put him higher.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
The Boot said:
Good work. I'd say Andrej Meszaros would have to be in the top 60, i'd be surprised to see him outside the top 30 frankly.

OOPs! I had meant to put Andrej where I had Graham (vicky varcky) the first time. Too many names too much brain fry.

Cheers mates. I made the change.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
punchy1 said:
1st round
26. Carl Söderberg-If he weren't injured would be a top 15. Great talent.

is he injured? I haven't heard anything. He played in MIF's last game of the season and as far as I know he hasn't missed any games this season due to injuries.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Predatore said:
is he injured? I haven't heard anything. He played in MIF's last game of the season and as far as I know he hasn't missed any games this season due to injuries.

Sorry mate, I had him swaped with another. Fixed it.

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Punchy, when scouts are looking a talent, I don't think any of them look solely at numbers or what league a player plays in(except maybe Nashville :snide:).

I think Picard has all of the tools. Sure, his skating might be a little awkward but it's not enough of a problem to keep him out of the NHL. A couple of off seasons of training, and he good to go.

IMO Picard will turn out to be one of the top five players taken in this draft. Does this mean that he isn't in the right spot now? No. He'd just be higher up on my board. I think most of the lists have him ranked about right, but giving a reason of him playing in the Q for being lower is kind of silly.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Punchy, when scouts are looking a talent, I don't think any of them look solely at numbers or what league a player plays in(except maybe Nashville :snide: ).

I've wondered if other teams have a similar philosophy. We don't really care for the Q, the O, the FNL, the SEL and we love Russia, WHL and NCAA. It's been a great philosophy thus far though.

Histrion

Feb 13, 2003
Legionnaire said:
Picard will turn out to be one of the top five players taken in this draft. Does this mean that he isn't in the right spot now? No. He'd just be higher up on my board. I think most of the lists have him ranked about right, but giving a reason of him playing in the Q for being lower is kind of silly.

I agree. I don't see how Picard playing in the Q would put him down in the list. The Q has produced some very good offensive players; Lecavalier, Gagné, Tanguay, Richards, Nagy, Bergeron, etc..

Except of that, thanks for the ranking, it could be useful for me since I don't know the players of that draft very well.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Legionnaire said:
Punchy, when scouts are looking a talent, I don't think any of them look solely at numbers or what league a player plays in(except maybe Nashville :snide:).

I think Picard has all of the tools. Sure, his skating might be a little awkward but it's not enough of a problem to keep him out of the NHL. A couple of off seasons of training, and he good to go.

IMO Picard will turn out to be one of the top five players taken in this draft. Does this mean that he isn't in the right spot now? No. He'd just be higher up on my board. I think most of the lists have him ranked about right, but giving a reason of him playing in the Q for being lower is kind of silly.

I agree but that isn't what I am saying. What I am saying is that add the fact that he is coming from the Q, a league that plays naught defence and is notorious for producing players that are monsters offencively there and have difficulties transferring those skills to the NHL level *along with the rest of his game* (that part I thought was implied, I should have made it clear as well) and that is why I have him where I do.

It isn't simply because he is from the Q though, I can promise you that is a factor when players are drafted and that scouts must consider that not only based on what I have read in reviews but also because if they didn't, then we would be seeing the top selected players of every draft coming out of the Q.

For a juniour league, their top players score a significantly larger amount of points then their peers from other leagues so if it had no bearing on draft position, then they would likely be consistantly amount the tops year in and year out.

Absolutely the Q has produced some monster talent, that isn't even questionable. They just have a higher percentage of players who put up monster offencive numbers there who turn out incapable or less capable of developing those skills in the NHL. I can give you loads of examples but, it isn't necessary. The Q is a great league and produces great players, I just think that in the case of Picard that his accomplishments including his production and the fact that he is coming from the Q makes him a little more of a question mark in some ways. Thats all.
To me, the fact that Picard is in the top 15 when he isn't his leagues leading scorer speaks volumes about his talent and potential and I agree with you that he could end up being in the top five of this draft without a doubt.

I guess my point is that if he were in the NCAA or the OHL doing the same things and producing the same that he might be a top five pick this year. He is from the Q and that is why I have him a bit lower.

Is that a better explanation? Its hard to get it all down when you are giving one short sentence about a player. God knows the troubles I have with shortening my thoughts here then eh Legionne?

Last edited:

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Wow, it seems over the last month Radulov's stock has risen a great deal. People usually had him around the 20th spot in their mock draft and now hes all the way in the top 5

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
#2 said:
Wow, it seems over the last month Radulov's stock has risen a great deal. People usually had him around the 20th spot in their mock draft and now hes all the way in the top 5

I was thinking the same thing.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Mountie said:
I was thinking the same thing.

I had him in the top ten a month ago in my mock draft but you are right, others have had him raising lately.

This isn't my mock draft by the way, these are my rankings based on skill alone and not need. If you want to see my mock draft it is on the mock draft board. I did two of them, one that is straight up and one that is sort of out there.

I would appreciate your thoughts on them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad