Proposal: Top 6 C to CBJ (List in OP)

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Yeaaaa, you aren't getting SJs captain that's second in goals to ovie over the past five years with "at most" Milano and a first. That's the TDL minimum for JT as a rental. That doesn't get you near Pavs.

Same as the other SJ thread you started, you don't get a dollar for three quarters.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The SJS just have players that are more valuable to them then to any other team. Age, production, cost, and control of those guys just don't pull in what you want and that's fine we have Anderson untouchable too because like your guys worth more to us then other teams. Like Pavelski is on pace for his lowest totals in lime 5 years from what I saw when looking.

On Hockey’s Future Boards? Sure. But in real life I feel fairly confident that guys like Couture and Pavelski are just as valuable as we Sharks fans see them.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I'm curious what Anaheim would want for someone like Kesler, expected to be back after Christmas.

I understand he isn't on the list, but I don't see why you would have a restricted list of players to trade for?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Pavs is a winger, so I don't know why he'd be of a big interest too you guys.
Win or lose, Joe leaving makes Logan all they have as a true top 6 C
If the floor falls out from underneath them, then sure, why not look to move the Joe's
So he is playing W for You guys now. He hasn't always been a W though.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
“Give me a valuable player and I’ll give you crap.”

Love these kinds of threads. If you’re not willing to give up value you aren’t getting value.
I don't see where we don't habe valuable players available for valuable players. 33yo Pavelski having his worst year in 5+ years isn't worth Wennberg+1st+...

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So he is playing W for You guys now. He hasn't always been a W though.

Pavelski hasn’t played center for more than a few games at a time since 2011. If he had to, I’m sure he still could, but I would not be trading for him with the premise that he’s a center.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
On Hockey’s Future Boards? Sure. But in real life I feel fairly confident that guys like Couture and Pavelski are just as valuable as we Sharks fans see them.
I agree but as valuable to your team as you see them. Other teams would likely value those players highly as well... Just not to certain extremes. And that's fine some players are more valuable to their own team like Pavelski is the captain right? So he would have more value because that then he would to us. That's fine not every team can value players the same they have different needs and need different skill sets and age matters.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeaaaa, you aren't getting SJs captain that's second in goals to ovie over the past five years with "at most" Milano and a first. That's the TDL minimum for JT as a rental. That doesn't get you near Pavs.

Same as the other SJ thread you started, you don't get a dollar for three quarters.
Did I start 1 I don't remember I know others did. And yeah I just remembered he's the captain when replying stating he's worth more to you then others and that's fine thus just mooooiving on.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Pavelski hasn’t played center for more than a few games at a time since 2011. If he had to, I’m sure he still could, but I would not be trading for him with the premise that he’s a center.
Hmmm he's always been listed at C and I haven't seen him play wing on anything other the PP in games I watched he was always on the dot. I actually resend the name from the list. Love Pavelski but he'd have no spot here. Still no offense to you guys I've wanted Pavs sense the 2010 Olympics. Big fan sense.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Hmmm he's always been listed at C and I haven't seen him play wing on anything other the PP in games I watched he was always on the dot. I actually resend the name from the list. Love Pavelski but he'd have no spot here. Still no offense to you guys I've wanted Pavs sense the 2010 Olympics. Big fan sense.

Dude, he's played every single game at wing since 2011 except for a few (like five) in 2015 when Thornton was injured. If you never noticed that while watching Sharks games, I'd have to question how much you absorb from watching them.

Secondly, stop double and triple posting to make your post count higher.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Dude, he's played every single game at wing since 2011 except for a few (like five) in 2015 when Thornton was injured. If you never noticed that while watching Sharks games, I'd have to question how much you absorb from watching them.

Secondly, stop double and triple posting to make your post count higher.
Who would do that? Why would you want a higher count of posts? Haha do I get a f***ing prize or something if I beat you? Don't worry I promise I'll make sure you always have more posts then me so you can feel cooler then me. That's a really weird comment just so you know. I post on my phone so I got reply and it takes me to a place to type then I hit reply... sorry not all of us are fancy computer POST MASTER GENERALS or whatever you call yourself with your posting laws haha and the games are normally on very late for me and I'm generally assuming who is playing where based on where their position normally was. If you shift and I see you twice a year and 80 other times in 7 minute highlights. The. Playoffs which to be fair is backgound noise because the West is meh.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Still think the FO has absolutely no intention on giving up on a 23 yr old center who all but hit 60 pts in his 3rd season in the NHL after showing 3 continual seasons of growth all because of one slump.

Reactions: Viqsi and Monk

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

The only time you ever saw Pavs on the dot was when he was taking faceoffs. Through the flow of play, he has been a winger for a very long time. And asking for Couture or Pavs is pointless when it's very, very doubtful that either of them would have Columbus as one of their three teams or waive that clause for them. I don't know why this topic persists. It's not going to happen and the idea that Pavelski's value is only predicated on how he's producing this year is shortsighted and not founded in reality when actual GM's make trades in the NHL.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I would like to see if something like that might be interested to teams come TDL. Maybe we can land a Tavares...

You will have to explain exactly WHY, the NYI would want to make a metro rival a powerhouse.
Makes no sense to me.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Who would do that? Why would you want a higher count of posts? Haha do I get a ****ing prize or something if I beat you? Don't worry I promise I'll make sure you always have more posts then me so you can feel cooler then me. That's a really weird comment just so you know. I post on my phone so I got reply and it takes me to a place to type then I hit reply... sorry not all of us are fancy computer POST MASTER GENERALS or whatever you call yourself with your posting laws haha

Man, it's part of the site rules. You gotta chill.

and the games are normally on very late for me and I'm generally assuming who is playing where based on where their position normally was. If you shift and I see you twice a year and 80 other times in 7 minute highlights. The. Playoffs which to be fair is backgound noise because the West is meh.

So what you're saying is you don't watch any Sharks games ever?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Man, it's part of the site rules. You gotta chill.

So what you're saying is you don't watch any Sharks games ever?
I didn't know about any posting rules if there's a shit ton of people quoting me I just reply...

As far as the watching sharks game I watch them play the jackets/Ducks/used to see every Canucks game against them when Kesler and Bieksa played there still. Those games are all normally at>> 10 so I watch but not with a white board taking notes I'm enjoying a game as I go to bed. I do catch the highlight of every game of every night though so I have a reasonble idea of taent.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I see no way Johnson gets traded before the off-season. He's been too good, especially since being put back in the top-six, and TB has no real holes they need to fill. At least none that would cost a player like Johnson.

In the off-season, it's a little more plausible. But if Johnson continues to play like he has in the last 10-12 games, I don't see it happening then either.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
“Give me a valuable player and I’ll give you crap.”

Love these kinds of threads. If you’re not willing to give up value you aren’t getting value.
Again. The guys held out are three franchise players, our #1C, and our leading scorer. We're not trying to replace core players; we're trying to improve depth.

Seriously, this is like criticizing Pittsburgh's search for blueline depth when they insist on holding on to Crosby, Malkin, Murray, Kessel, and Letang. "How dare you not offer value!"

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I'm curious what Anaheim would want for someone like Kesler, expected to be back after Christmas.

I understand he isn't on the list, but I don't see why you would have a restricted list of players to trade for?
The list was to try and keep the Bozak/Galchenyuk/Reinhart type deals that clearly wasn't what we need but would 100% get offered anyways. The list was just good point scorers who may or may not be available I thought would be good for us. I didn't know which ones would work best or would be available though so instead of tons of threads I made a big one.

Ryan Kesler is my favorite non CBJ player and I wanted him here before he went to ANA but it was reported he turned down a deal to come here. With a NMC until his last year I doubt he would come now but also he has a bad history of health and is about at least 2 mil overpaid at this point. The CBJ wouldn't really give Ana anything for him and their depth gets hit really hard without him so it' not a good deal even though I'd buy his Jersy the second it was announced. Just want to be realistic.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
You will have to explain exactly WHY, the NYI would want to make a metro rival a powerhouse.
Makes no sense to me.
Oh i agree, I think the only way we get Tavares is if he makes it to FA. My failed attempt at being snarky while still making a point kinda thing.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The list was to try and keep the Bozak/Galchenyuk/Reinhart type deals that clearly wasn't what we need but would 100% get offered anyways. The list was just good point scorers who may or may not be available I thought would be good for us. I didn't know which ones would work best or would be available though so instead of tons of threads I made a big one.

Ryan Kesler is my favorite non CBJ player and I wanted him here before he went to ANA but it was reported he turned down a deal to come here. With a NMC until his last year I doubt he would come now but also he has a bad history of health and is about at least 2 mil overpaid at this point. The CBJ wouldn't really give Ana anything for him and their depth gets hit really hard without him so it' not a good deal even though I'd buy his Jersy the second it was announced. Just want to be realistic.

Okay, the bold makes more sense. I get that you can't list every player, I just didn't want to get too much hate for posting about someone not in the list. I actually never heard about him declining a deal to go to CBJ, but I don't follow these teams closely. CBJ also wasn't very good when Kesler went to ANA, so it is possible that he may have changed his mind by now, though the NMC makes it a lot harder. A player being overpaid isn't a huge issue, just add a little on your side to get some salary retention from them.

Their LW needs a bit of help, maybe something like Atkinson + for Kesler ( 20% ret). Depends how badly you value Atkinson, I have him in my fantasy league, he was really good last year but is currently slumping, and Torts isn't a coach you wanna slump for. I don't think Ana would retain a tonne of salary, because it's quite a bit of years left.

Durability is always a risk you take as players age, but the guy is a good shutdown 2nd line centre and insane at face-offs (though he hasn't taken FO with the new rules). He's still capable of putting up 50+ points, I think most teams would be willing to give up some stuff for a guy like him, especially with retention.

Atkinson is UFA correct, so there would likely have to be some deal in place already before a trade. Idk, they aren't my teams, so it's harder to speak value wise for me. Don't hate.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Okay, the bold makes more sense. I get that you can't list every player, I just didn't want to get too much hate for posting about someone not in the list. I actually never heard about him declining a deal to go to CBJ, but I don't follow these teams closely. CBJ also wasn't very good when Kesler went to ANA, so it is possible that he may have changed his mind by now, though the NMC makes it a lot harder. A player being overpaid isn't a huge issue, just add a little on your side to get some salary retention from them.

Their LW needs a bit of help, maybe something like Atkinson + for Kesler ( 20% ret). Depends how badly you value Atkinson, I have him in my fantasy league, he was really good last year but is currently slumping, and Torts isn't a coach you wanna slump for. I don't think Ana would retain a tonne of salary, because it's quite a bit of years left.

Durability is always a risk you take as players age, but the guy is a good shutdown 2nd line centre and insane at face-offs (though he hasn't taken FO with the new rules). He's still capable of putting up 50+ points, I think most teams would be willing to give up some stuff for a guy like him, especially with retention.

Atkinson is UFA correct, so there would likely have to be some deal in place already before a trade. Idk, they aren't my teams, so it's harder to speak value wise for me. Don't hate.

Columbus typical LWs are Panarin, Foligno (who can play RW as well), Bjorkstrand, Milano, and Jenner.

FWIW Atkinson re-signed for seven years last month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad