Proposal: Top 6 C to CBJ (List in OP)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
*****For this thread please DON'T make offers that DON'T have players not on this list*****

I went through the list of what NHL has listed as C for top 100 point scorers on the season to find a few names for who I think would be good fits for the CBJ.

Players Unavailable
PLD
Anderson

I obviously don't know every team in the league's needs along with their strengths. If a player I mentioned isn't available PLEASE DON'T say "_____ is going to cost to *insert unavailable player*" as a response it will just start an argument. Just say the player is unavailable or the player you want is worth more to us then they would be for you to trade for.

The list
________
Little
Couture
Bjugstad
T. Johnson
Marchessault
Pavelski
Backlund
O'Reilly
*****Trocheck*****

Anyways let's all be respectful and try to not make this a shit show we are all just trying to have fun pretending we can make our teams better in here and we all have opinions right or wrong and some people who dont know another team well will likely be in the wrong catagory but no reason to get heated over it just calmly explain. Let the offers begin!!!!!

Last edited:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I edited the entire first post that was like 5 player offers and like 10 paragraphs and just a wall of text that it was pointed out to me by fellow CBJ fan Viqsi it was impossible to respond to with so much info so I completely dumbed it down. Sorry!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think the bulk of the names here aren't going to be realistically available, simply because they're active contributors on contending teams. Beyond that...
  • Tyler Johnson might still be available, since TB seems to be leaning on Stamkos and Point. I don't think they actually have any needs anymore, tho, and I'm no longer eager to trade Murray.
  • Which Backlund? ;)
  • Bjugstad would not be helpful to us at all, really.
  • O'Reilly is a potential major cap hazard (as has been previously discussed).

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
It would be CGY aka the only one I would ever want on the CBJ haha. He is a UFA after the season so could be had for rental price if CGY plan to move on because they don't want to pay or if Backlund decides he wants to move.

OReilly with cap moving out for s
Say a Savard like I want to do would be completely workable around the Cap.

Yes a lot are on contending teams so I'd be ok talking TDL trades or off-season as well. So also can easily fall out. Teams like LV are a wild card because what do they decide is the right move to use the pieces to build or start as a contender a couple years before they actually start to build a team from a solid foundation.

The last 4 guys in the list are probably the most likely. 2 rentals and 2 long term guys. Pavelski and Backlund (less likely all depends on TDL position) can be had for 1st and prospects. O'Reilly is more but doable even if it's wennberg+ minor deals. Trocheck is the question mark...

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Not sure if he counts as a top6 C but Brock Nelson is almost certainly available. Isles fans hate him because he's a p***y and seems lazy a lot of the time, but he is on pace for 20+ goals for the 4th consecutive season.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Not sure if he counts as a top6 C but Brock Nelson is almost certainly available. Isles fans hate him because he's a ***** and seems lazy a lot of the time, but he is on pace for 20+ goals for the 4th consecutive season.

And the OP has been ignored already...

Ror is tough. You'll find half our fan base not wanting to move him period and half willing to do so for the right price. The right price would be a young dman with top 3 potential which I don' see as available from lumbus. I'm also a huge lumbus fan and don' value their 1st rounders very much because I think they are a top 5 team in the league. Guys like murray, Jenner etc interest me but not at the cost of ror.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
CBJ will likely have to wait later in the season until some teams are in sell/rebuild mode. Not really in a position any of the top 6 defensemen or goalies right now, so the biggest pieces we can offer that are capable of playing in the NHL are Bjorkstrand, Jenner, Wennberg (only for an upgrade at center), Carlsson, and Milano.

I believe what Nashville traded for Turris is the kind of offer the CBJ can put together right now.

Carlsson/d prospect+Milano/forward prospect + any 2018 pick

Reactions: Viqsi and Dumais

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I would like to see if something like that might be interested to teams come TDL. Maybe we can land a Tavares...

PS, please no defensive forwards, I like goals! And Crosby will just go apeshit with the TDL deal they make during the playoffs.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I think the bulk of the names here aren't going to be realistically available, simply because they're active contributors on contending teams. Beyond that...
  • Tyler Johnson might still be available, since TB seems to be leaning on Stamkos and Point. I don't think they actually have any needs anymore, tho, and I'm no longer eager to trade Murray.
  • Which Backlund? ;)
  • Bjugstad would not be helpful to us at all, really.
  • O'Reilly is a potential major cap hazard (as has been previously discussed).
last 5 games Johnson has played wing. he has 9 points in those 5 games

he may just be a winger whos been in the wrong position this whole time.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
*****For this thread please DON'T make offers that DON'T have players not on this list*****

I went through the list of what NHL has listed as C for top 100 point scorers on the season to find a few names for who I think would be good fits for the CBJ.

Players Unavailable
PLD
Anderson

I obviously don't know every team in the league's needs along with their strengths. If a player I mentioned isn't available PLEASE DON'T say "_____ is going to cost to *insert unavailable player*" as a response it will just start an argument. Just say the player is unavailable or the player you want is worth more to us then they would be for you to trade for.

The list
________
Little
Couture
Bjugstad
T. Johnson
Marchessault
Pavelski
Backlund
O'Reilly
*****Trocheck*****

Anyways let's all be respectful and try to not make this a **** show we are all just trying to have fun pretending we can make our teams better in here and we all have opinions right or wrong and some people who dont know another team well will likely be in the wrong catagory but no reason to get heated over it just calmly explain. Let the offers begin!!!!!
So you want a top 6 C but make your only valuable pieces unavailable. Good luck.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Little just re-upped and wouldn't be available at this time I would imagine.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
So you want a top 6 C but make your only valuable pieces unavailable. Good luck.
You do realize players like Wennberg, Murray, Savard, Bjorkstrand, Panarin, and Jenner aren't on that list along with prospects like Carlson, Nutivaara, and Abramov also not on that list. The only players not on the list are Bob Which goalies are always more valuable to their own team and the other team never offers fair value for. Jones and Wennberg only have 3 players in the league with value equal too or more than in the league and thise teams will not trade them nor should they. Anderson is our leading goal scorer being paid 1.8 for 3 years... I guess sure you trade us a player that can somehow make it worth it with a 1C you got it. And PLD is our current 1C we aren't downgrading.

Before you post about a teams valuable players you should do basic research.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
"Only valuable pieces?" Three franchise players, our budding #1C, and our leading scorer, and on a team that's built around having lots of depth those are the "only valuable pieces"? Go away and come back when you have a clue.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Little just re-upped and wouldn't be available at this time I would imagine.
Wasn't sure with Jack Rislovic (literally no idea how to spell it) up coming. 100% understand wanting 3 great C though. He was one I wasn't expecting but put just in case it doesn't hurt.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
last 5 games Johnson has played wing. he has 9 points in those 5 games

he may just be a winger whos been in the wrong position this whole time.
Before the season me and you multiple times had agreed upon deals to get him here he's been a favorite of mine for years now I had to put him on the list because tbf on NHL.com you had like 5 players listed as C in the top 100C points so let me dream brother haha.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Before the season me and you multiple times had agreed upon deals to get him here he's been a favorite of mine for years now I had to put him on the list because tbf on NHL.com you had like 5 players listed as C in the top 100C points so let me dream brother haha.
yeah, we agreed on the ryan murray one

however that was before serg was this good, so now we don't need lhd as badly

and while I agree tj would be a good fit in cbj I don't see tampa trading him with how him and the team are rolling

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
yeah, we agreed on the ryan murray one

however that was before serg was this good, so now we don't need lhd as badly

and while I agree tj would be a good fit in cbj I don't see tampa trading him with how him and the team are rolling
Oh yeah understandable the CBJ likely wouldn't want Murray going anywhere based on how badly we are missing him right now and no way would I expect the team to move TJ either... I just love the player. But why would the best team in the league give up IMO their best and most creative depth scorer. They did a great job resigning him and they deserve to keep him.

Can't see the Sharks as a good dance partners right now.
Couture isn't available if you're taking anything off the table
Agreed again just another player I put because they will soon be looking to get younger. Couture I think is 30 or really close now with Pavelski 33 and jumbo Joe getting up there. I only put Couture again just in case you wanted to move him when talking Pavelski but I'd rather have Pavelski anyways as just a rental I'd we don' think Wennberg is ready yet and we need a temporary point producing guy which Pavelski is struggling at pretty noticeably this year from previous year totals. 1st + Prospect like Sherwood would be a fair trade at most a 1st and Milano.

CBJ will likely have to wait later in the season until some teams are in sell/rebuild mode. Not really in a position any of the top 6 defensemen or goalies right now, so the biggest pieces we can offer that are capable of playing in the NHL are Bjorkstrand, Jenner, Wennberg (only for an upgrade at center), Carlsson, and Milano.

I believe what Nashville traded for Turris is the kind of offer the CBJ can put together right now.

It's so confusing day to day do we need a C ahead of Wennberg or not haha like tonight that Wennberg was the guy was have seen growing every year and was here last year. But I'm willing for a Trocheck, JT signed, something big offensively like that to do Carlson or Nutivaara, Milano or Abramov, this years first and next. Combos of any of that or all or some or whatever get a that franchise guy I'm ok with for certain guys... But who knows what we need right now haha

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Oh yeah understandable the CBJ likely wouldn't want Murray going anywhere based on how badly we are missing him right now and no way would I expect the team to move TJ either... I just love the player. But why would the best team in the league give up IMO their best and most creative depth scorer. They did a great job resigning him and they deserve to keep him.

Agreed again just another player I put because they will soon be looking to get younger. Couture I think is 30 or really close now with Pavelski 33 and jumbo Joe getting up there. I only put Couture again just in case you wanted to move him when talking Pavelski but I'd rather have Pavelski anyways as just a rental I'd we don' think Wennberg is ready yet and we need a temporary point producing guy which Pavelski is struggling at pretty noticeably this year from previous year totals. 1st + Prospect like Sherwood would be a fair trade at most a 1st and Milano.

It's so confusing day to day do we need a C ahead of Wennberg or not haha like tonight that Wennberg was the guy was have seen growing every year and was here last year. But I'm willing for a Trocheck, JT signed, something big offensively like that to do Carlson or Nutivaara, Milano or Abramov, this years first and next. Combos of any of that or all or some or whatever get a that franchise guy I'm ok with for certain guys... But who knows what we need right now haha
Sharks would have had to fall off the face of the earth first but, I don't think that gets you Pavs.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Sharks would have had to fall off the face of the earth first but, I don't think that gets you Pavs.
Of course any trade would be they are out of the playoffs so unlikely I agree. But I'd think if out of it and realizig it's coming to the end of an era with Thornton and Pavelski 2 high end futures could work. You know the team better then I though.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yeah, we’ve had a Couture/Pavelski to CBJ thread recently and it went terribly. You aren’t willing to part with the assets to get Couture and you undervalue Pavelski a lot.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah, we’ve had a Couture/Pavelski to CBJ thread recently and it went terribly. You aren’t willing to part with the assets to get Couture and you undervalue Pavelski a lot.
The SJS just have players that are more valuable to them then to any other team. Age, production, cost, and control of those guys just don't pull in what you want and that's fine we have Anderson untouchable too because like your guys worth more to us then other teams. Like Pavelski is on pace for his lowest totals in lime 5 years from what I saw when looking.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
“Give me a valuable player and I’ll give you crap.”

Love these kinds of threads. If you’re not willing to give up value you aren’t getting value.

Reactions: kevrondl

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Of course any trade would be they are out of the playoffs so unlikely I agree. But I'd think if out of it and realizig it's coming to the end of an era with Thornton and Pavelski 2 high end futures could work. You know the team better then I though.
Pavs is a winger, so I don't know why he'd be of a big interest too you guys.
Win or lose, Joe leaving makes Logan all they have as a true top 6 C
If the floor falls out from underneath them, then sure, why not look to move the Joe's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->