Top 50 Prospect List

Status
Not open for further replies.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
This is list won't include players who I think will have played 30 + games in the NHL at years end. Horton, Brown, Bergeron, Staal, Zherdev, Fleury, and Burns. This list includes the players in the 2004 draft. My brother helped do this list and don't be too harsh on us both.

1.) Ovechkin
2.) Lehtonen
3.) Olesz
4.) Suter
5.) Malkin
6.) Vanek
7.) Grebeshkov
8.) Phaneuf
9.) Michalek
10.) Barker
11.) Colburn
12.) Grigorenko
13.) Schremp
14.) Kastitsyn
15.) Steen
16.) Upshall
17.) Parise
18.) Getzlaf
19.) Koivu
20.) Coliacovo
21.) Schwarz
22.) Roy
23.) Hudler
24.) Carter
25.) Woywitka
26.) Stewart
27.) Higgins
28.) Tukonen
29.) Perezhogin
30.) O Sullivan
31.) Nillson
32.) Salmonsson
33.) Wolski
34.) Taticek
35.) Semin
36.) Stuart
37.) Fleischmann
38.) Montoya
39.) Richards
40.) Trubachev
41.) Toivenen
42.) Nystrum
43.) Tambellini
44.) Johansson
45.) Sindel
46.) Ward
47.) Kesler
48.) S Bernier
49.) Harding
50.) Perry

I will try and comment on the sensible questions.

GlueleG

Mar 29, 2002
Brooklin, Ontario
Visit site
adammacisaac said:
This is list won't include players who I think will have played 30 + games in the NHL at years end. Horton, Brown, Bergeron, Staal, Zherdev, Fleury, and Burns. This list includes the players in the 2004 draft. My brother helped do this list and don't be too harsh on us both.

1.) Ovechkin
2.) Lehtonen
3.) Olesz
4.) Suter
5.) Malkin
6.) Vanek
7.) Grebeshkov
8.) Phaneuf
9.) Michalek
10.) Barker
11.) Colburn
12.) Grigorenko
13.) Schremp
14.) Kastitsyn
15.) Steen
16.) Upshall
17.) Parise
18.) Getzlaf
19.) Koivu
20.) Coliacovo
21.) Schwarz
22.) Roy
23.) Hudler
24.) Carter
25.) Woywitka
26.) Stewart
27.) Higgins
28.) Tukonen
29.) Perezhogin
30.) O Sullivan
31.) Nillson
32.) Salmonsson
33.) Wolski
34.) Taticek
35.) Semin
36.) Stuart
37.) Fleischmann
38.) Montoya
39.) Richards
40.) Trubachev
41.) Toivenen
42.) Nystrum
43.) Tambellini
44.) Johansson
45.) Sindel
46.) Ward
47.) Kesler
48.) S Bernier
49.) Harding
50.) Perry

Which Ward do you have @ #46?

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
SIBIR said:
where are Tjutin and Knjazev, Koltsov?
I am not high on either three, Tjutin was a border liner but Koltsov is mainly an offensive defensmen which doesn't rank too high in my books. Stuart is my worst defensemen on my list and its hard to argue that any of those three would be better then him.

Jesse Niinimäki isn't close IMO

The Austrian

dont you think tha thomas poeck won´t play? i mean he is not draftet. but he is the best off. defender this year in college hoceky. and i think a lot of teams are looking for such an player?!

i know, i have statet an own topic for him, but i didn´t get any answer....

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
I'd kind of like to get Perry bumped off there how about J.D. Deslauriers?(I know Harding beat him out, who is close to the bottom of your list but he's got a really high potential) Ryan Whitney? David LeNeveu(good goalie as well) or Lucas Krajicek(I don't think he will play 30+ this year still just a little too green to get a pro-longed chance in the NHL).

I also think Tjutin deserves to be on there, Niinimaki has to be atleast close to borderline 50, and Fleischmann seems too high.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
FacelessButcher said:
I'd kind of like to get Perry bumped off there how about J.D. Deslauriers?(I know Harding beat him out, who is close to the bottom of your list but he's got a really high potential) Ryan Whitney? David LeNeveu(good goalie as well) or Lucas Krajicek(I don't think he will play 30+ this year still just a little too green to get a pro-longed chance in the NHL).

I also think Tjutin deserves to be on there, Niinimaki has to be atleast close to borderline 50, and Fleischmann seems too high.
I'm not a huge fan of goaltenders being on the top 50 lists. LeNeveu would also be close but I don't like him near as much as Ward or Harding. Pittsburgh kind of got the short end of the stick, both Whitney and Welch were really close to making the list but both missed out by a slim margin, I actually had Welch ranked higher then Whitney who had a horrible year last year for Boston U.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I should point this out, I place the WJC, Under 18, and Memorial cup way up there in importance for my list.

Fleischmann is one of the most underated prospect around, the guy can do anything offensivly.

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
adammacisaac said:
I'm not a huge fan of goaltenders being on the top 50 lists. LeNeveu would also be close but I don't like him near as much as Ward or Harding. Pittsburgh kind of got the short end of the stick, both Whitney and Welch were really close to making the list but both missed out by a slim margin, I actually had Welch ranked higher then Whitney who had a horrible year last year for Boston U.
Ya I have heard quite a few Pens fans who have a higher regard for Welch than Whitney good enough reasoning to your decisions for me, oh well

Last edited:

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
I wouldn't consider Whitney's year horrible. Being injured (ankle) doesn't make it horrible. And I can see quite a few people on the list that I would rate Welch ahead of. How often is a D-man a candidate for the Hobey Baker award.......That's an indication of just how good he is.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
X-SHARKIE said:
Hey adammacisaac. I notice you very high on Michalek :) What do you think of him and what well he do in the NHL?
A great two way player that could end up like Lehtinen. Two way players bring just as much to the table as a goal scorer or even more.

I knew there would be some unhappy people so all I can say is tough, I'm not trying to please you all.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
craig1 said:
I wouldn't consider Whitney's year horrible. Being injured (ankle) doesn't make it horrible. And I can see quite a few people on the list that I would rate Welch ahead of. How often is a D-man a candidate for the Hobey Baker award.......That's an indication of just how good he is.

Whitney and Welch could both be in consideration for that award, from what I read. Schneider actually has a chance from North Dakota, but I think if someone wins from there it would surely be Parise.

Schremp is way to high in my opinion.

I haven't seen or read enough to comment on many of the guys, though. But I would think that Whitney and Welch should factor in there somewhere, being the top two prospects on one of the at worst top 10 team of prospects.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
adammacisaac said:
34.) Taticek

I was a big fan of Taticek going into the 2002 draft but from what I've seen he hasn't developed much since his draft year. I was just wondering what you see in him that you'd but him in the top 50. Was he injured in 02-03?

Thanks

FlyersFan10*

The only issues I have are with two players on the list. Jeff Carter and Mike Richards should both be higher on the list. Not because they are Flyers prospects, but because of the following:

- Carter played on a terrible Sault Ste Marie team last year and still led the team in scoring while never taking off a shift. He's also improved enormously this year and as far as I'm concerned, is just as good as the Parises, Phaneufs, and Michaleks.

- Richards is the type of leader every team needs to win. At the Memorial Cup, Peter DoBoer (the coach of the Kitchener Rangers) said that when it came to the final minutes of the game, Richards was the player you wanted out there. The kid does it all. He scores, passes, checks, works the corners, plays excellent defense, yet for some reason or another it goes unnoticed. However, at the end of the game, he usually ends up with a goal and a couple of assists. How can he possibly be in the 40s on your list is beyond me.

To be honest, I have Richards rated higher than Carter. I'd say Richards is at the level that Vanek is at

HockeyGuy1011

Nov 14, 2003
adammacisaac said:

1.) Ovechkin
2.) Lehtonen
3.) Olesz
4.) Suter
5.) Malkin
6.) Vanek
7.) Grebeshkov
8.) Phaneuf
9.) Michalek
10.) Barker
11.) Colburn
12.) Grigorenko
13.) Schremp
14.) Kastitsyn
15.) Steen
16.) Upshall
17.) Parise
18.) Getzlaf
19.) Koivu
20.) Coliacovo
21.) Schwarz
22.) Roy
23.) Hudler
24.) Carter
25.) Woywitka
26.) Stewart
27.) Higgins
28.) Tukonen
29.) Perezhogin
30.) O Sullivan
31.) Nillson
32.) Salmonsson
33.) Wolski
34.) Taticek
35.) Semin
36.) Stuart
37.) Fleischmann
38.) Montoya
39.) Richards
40.) Trubachev
41.) Toivenen
42.) Nystrum
43.) Tambellini
44.) Johansson
45.) Sindel
46.) Ward
47.) Kesler
48.) S Bernier
49.) Harding
50.) Perry

i didnt see krajicek, d-fla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad