Top 50 games PT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Left 4 Dead still had it on the consoles but that's the last one I can think of....

Any other noteable games that had splitscreen?

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I've read the justification, and it's a good one, but I love playing these types of games with friends. I'm actually not a big multiplayer guy, I really only do multiplayer games with personal friends. It just so happens I really like MP in these turn-based 4X games, I think they're great fun. My and a friend of mine would play Civ IV for 6-12 hours at a time together, good times. I will refer you to my list, which has very few multiplayer games included in it.

PS Come on man, you know you want to be my friend. I am a great friend.

Okay fine you're forgiven :p:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's the obsession with value and quantity (in regards to the reviewers, not the poster who wished GC had multiplayer to hot-seat which, I agree, can be awesome)

People assign value to mutliplayer since it can extend expected play time of game and will, somewhat stupidly, assume they are missing out on value if multiplayer is not included a game

Yes that makes sense in most other genre's but what I was saying is that the 4x style games already give you major value and bang for your buck, and I can't think of a genre that does it better.

Like I say I start up a game of GC2, depending on the setting a single game could take anywhere from 5-30 hours (my Civ games can go that high, can't remember with GC2). The game ends, and I do it all over again this time picking a different race and using different map settings creating a different experience. Then there's victory conditions, in any single game I can try for conquest, diplomacy, or science victories. The amount of replay value you have is immense.

Oh and there's also the fact that these are turn based games, so playing with another human will add an immense amount of waiting time.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Have I missed the top 2?

Post #26. The OP should get updated any year now lol.

Post #33 is a list of every game that received votes if you're interested.

I was shocked to see both Minecraft and Super Metroid receive only one vote, but particularly Minecraft. That thing is more than a game, it's a phenomenon for a lot of people.

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
I am shocked that Nintendo gets so much love. Their games are such garbage imo; The first couple of Mario games were fun but that ship has sailed, the Link games I could never get into, and all the spinoffs are just silly (casual garbage like Iphone/Android games).

And agreed, the worst thing to happen to games was multi-player. Im old and grumpy today :).

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Thanks for the productive discussion. While I generally disagree with the list as a pure ranking it pretty well represents HF IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad