top 5 worst current leaf players and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Polak, Martin and Moore are the three guys who are immediately replaceable IMO

None of those three have done anything of note all season long yet still seem to get constantly fed minutes.

After that trio you probably have Komarov, but I have less issues with him not that he is doing 4th line duty instead of playing more than Matthews, Nylander and Marner every night.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Why can't this fanbase just get behind its team. We have so many fairweather losers in this group, it's hard to put into words.

They're Leafs. Get behind them. No amount of whining will change that. We might as well cheer for all of them. But then, what would anyone waste their time and energy complaining about?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am going to go based on expectations

1. Polak. Just bad. No words.
2. Martin. I knew the contract was bad the moment we signed it. Seeing it now.
3. Zaitsev. Promising rookie season, seems to have taken a step backwards
4. Bozak. A lot of the season with favorable OZ starts and good linemates he has not been that good
5. Brown. I like Brown quite a bit, but he hasn't been nearly as noticeable this season for me.

Overall though. I am happy with the team, this is purely a gun to my head, name 5 names type of deal.

Reality is after Polak, Martin, and depending on the night Zaitsev/Bozak, I like everything.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Martin has actually had a decent year all things considered, we just have guys who are better than him available. Looking at expectations and roles Martin hasn't been that bad.

This thread is also kinda pointless, nobody on this team has truly been 'terrible'. I thought Polak was at first but he has been okay recently though that's probably because Dsrmott is carrying him. Bozak has been disappointing but still a serviceable player, Moore isn't very good but still can score here and there and is a replaceable fourth liner anyways, and Zaitsev has been very underwhelming.

Outside of that nobody has been god awful by any means.

member 262271

Not sure this is very constructive. If a player is struggling I'm not going to spew expletives about him or insult him. It sucks when a player doesn't perform like you want them to but you still hope for them.

Reactions: Mork

SoVi3t

Sep 16, 2009
5) the fanbase
4) the fanbase
3) the fanbase
2) the fanbase
1) the fanbase

Players fill holes, some better than others. They lose a few games in a row again and it's Doom and Gloom™???

Matthews was out, and who knows the condition of the rest of the team. I'd rather they get this losing streak out of the way NOW and not mid April.

I hear people bitch about Gardiner, Polak, Martin, Moore, but some of those guys will be our work mules come playoff time. Everybody seems to forget we got bounced after Polak got injured during the playoffs, last year.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Why can't this fanbase just get behind its team. We have so many fairweather losers in this group, it's hard to put into words.

They're Leafs. Get behind them. No amount of whining will change that. We might as well cheer for all of them. But then, what would anyone waste their time and energy complaining about?

been a fan for 40 years man, easy there....

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

This. Threads like this are an embarrassment to the fanbase. It's not enough that we've had Reimer vs Bernier, Kadri vs Bozak and Marner vs Nylander etc. but now we need to discuss who our worse players are?

:facepalm:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Because internet forums are like attending professional wrestling matches: people get so much happiness from booing the bad guys/hating certain people.

Remember when Clarkson was a Leaf? That might have been the all time worst.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Andi P is cute - what a name :laugh:

Surely in a season as successful as this we should be ranking our 5 best players rather than worst?

Matthews
Andersen
Marner
Reilly
Nylander

Reactions: Mork

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

I think this is the 3rd quote of this post........I'd like it to be read again.

Too many "fans" take pleasure in pointing out the shortcomings of our less skilled players.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I am going to go based on expectations

1. Polak. Just bad. No words.
2. Martin. I knew the contract was bad the moment we signed it. Seeing it now.
3. Zaitsev. Promising rookie season, seems to have taken a step backwards
4. Bozak. A lot of the season with favorable OZ starts and good linemates he has not been that good
5. Brown. I like Brown quite a bit, but he hasn't been nearly as noticeable this season for me.

Overall though. I am happy with the team, this is purely a gun to my head, name 5 names type of deal.

Reality is after Polak, Martin, and depending on the night Zaitsev/Bozak, I like everything.

I agree with this ranking.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
03fb9f516fa08fd21a880ded43a99d1b.jpg

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
What's wrong with discussing the 5 worst players? It's stated in the thread title. This team isn't perfect and pointing out weak spots doesn't make you less of a fan.

Moore, Polak, komorov, Martin and depending on the night Bozak and Zaitsev.

The bright side is the guys who show up on most lists make up the bottom portion of the lineup

Reactions: lebdafor norris

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Andi P is cute - what a name :laugh:

Surely in a season as successful as this we should be ranking our 5 best players rather than worst?

Matthews
Andersen
Marner
Reilly
Nylander

I approve of this post. If I wanted to quibble I'd say you could make a good argument that Kadri belongs in the top 5. Rather than argue over that though I say make it a top 6 list, I think few people would disagree with who the six are and there's a bit of a drop off after that.

Reactions: Welsh Maple Leaf

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Surprise Top 5 Worst of the Day Legends Row

1. Jake Gardiner
2. Rickard Wallin
3. Jason Blake
4. Mike Komisarek
5. Jonas Gustavsson (The Monster)

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Here's my 5 but I'll try to add some positivity
Komarov is having a down year offensively but he's still been great on the PK and hopefully makes a great part of the 4th line in the playoffs.
Martin seemed to have lost a step but his return last game showed a lot more energy than he has recently. He's still really aggressive on the forecheck and can grind out minutes in the offensive zone.
Moore was pretty much a average 4th liner but he's still great at faceoffs and seemed to show more hustle recently.
Polak has been cycling in and out of the line up but he's still one of our go to defenders on the PK.
Zaitsev has had a down year with his injury but he still throws his weight around and blocks a ton of shots (blocks the most shots per game on our team). I think he just needs to get his confidence back.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Polak, Martin, Zaitsev, Moore, Komarov, Hainsey, Plekanec.

All of them are playing below replacement level now, and we have above-replacement value players in the AHL and roster to replace them right now.

Every team has filler players. The frustrating thing is that they play a lot of minutes in Toronto, and their replacements are already ripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad