Top 5 defensemen of the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Hab Fan said:
Lee would only go higher because of size alone. He was terrible at WJC lasr year on a team with a terrible D. Extremely overated American. The truth is, he wasn't even invited to join the USNTDP team at the world 18 tourney. They took someone from SSM.

Lee's USHL team was still in the playoffs. Otherwise they most likely would have brought him to the U18's.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cagney said:
Lee's USHL team was still in the playoffs. Otherwise they most likely would have brought him to the U18's.

Don't try to be logical with Hab Fan, it doesn't work.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Lee's one of those guys who will probably be taken higher than most around here think. It's possible he could go in the 14-18 range.

I don't think he is one of the top five, BUT, I absolutely agree with you that he has the potential to go in that range because he is the type of player I think who might be very high on a few team's lists, and if they're in that area, you never know what can happen.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Matt MacInnis said:
I don't think he is one of the top five, BUT, I absolutely agree with you that he has the potential to go in that range because he is the type of player I think who might be very high on a few team's lists, and if they're in that area, you never know what can happen.

Another defenseman who fits that description is Matt Niskanen.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Anybody with an ounce of sense knows Lee didn't deserve to be on the WJ team. When he did play, on a team with terrible defense, he was terrible himself!!! Stupid penalties and fell down on a breakaway!

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
:yo:
Rabid Ranger said:
Anybody with an ounce of sense knows Lee didn't deserve to be on the WJ team. When he did play, on a team with terrible defense, he was terrible himself!!! Stupid penalties and fell down on a breakaway!

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Here are some lists from an April thread

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=140301

My top 5 then was:

Jack Johnson
Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal
Jakub Kindl
Ryan Parent

I really was impressed by Bourdon at the U18 WC. He won't be the 2nd D man picked but who ever gets him will have one hell of a pick. He had a much better tourny than Parent but Johnson was the best D man there.

Divine Wind

Rabid Ranger said:
Lee's one of those guys who will probably be taken higher than most around here think. It's possible he could go in the 14-18 range.

If Edmonton lands 15-25 pick in the lottery, i could see them drafting him (pending on forwards still available at the time). He will be attending North Dakota this year, and playing with fellow Oiler's prospect Matt Greene. He fits our PP QB need to a T.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Hab Fan said:
:yo:

You can say that again.

Divine Wind

Just curious, i know he is not top 5 material, but where do you guys (and gals ;) ) see Matt Niskanen being picked? Thanks in advance.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Anyone have any info on Taylor Chorney, a defenseman from SSM that will more then likely get drafted in the mid rounds this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad