Texas
Visit site
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Jack Johnson
Mark Staal
Luc Bourdon
Ryan Parent
Jakub Kindl

I agree with this list up to Kindl. I would rate Korhonen, Jackson, Mikkelson, and Anikeenko above Kindl.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
borro said:
I agree with this list up to Kindl. I would rate Korhonen, Jackson, Mikkelson, and Anikeenko above Kindl.

I would not rate Korhonen and especially Anikeenko above Kindl.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
Anikeenko? WTF borro. If he gets drafted before the 3rd round, i'll eat my hat.

He's projected in the 30's. I just see Kindl like the "soft" Kevin Hatcher. At least for the caps, a waste.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Bileur said:
What kind of hat?

A hat fabricated with delicious muenster cheese. Heres a little bit about muenster cheese for those interested:

Münster Fermier comes from the Alsace region in France. This cheese is protected by an Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée. It is made from unpasteurized cow's milk and is matured in humid caves during five weeks for the smaller formats (300g) and up to 2 to 3 months for the larger ones (1500g). During this period the rind is periodically washed with brine. This moisture helps the development of the bacteria that will give this cheese its particular taste and color.

To learn more about this world-class cheese, check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muenster_cheese

GlueleG

Mar 29, 2002
Brooklin, Ontario
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
A hat fabricated with delicious muenster cheese. Heres a little bit about muenster cheese for those interested:

Münster Fermier comes from the Alsace region in France. This cheese is protected by an Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée. It is made from unpasteurized cow's milk and is matured in humid caves during five weeks for the smaller formats (300g) and up to 2 to 3 months for the larger ones (1500g). During this period the rind is periodically washed with brine. This moisture helps the development of the bacteria that will give this cheese its particular taste and color.

To learn more about this world-class cheese, check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muenster_cheese

That is really interesting .... pretty much off topic ... but interesting!

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Every list so far excluding Brian Lee??

My gut tells me Lee is the 3rd or 4th D-man taken. And Kindl doesn't belong anywhere near this list.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TMHUNH said:

My gut tells me Lee is the 3rd or 4th D-man taken. And Kindl doesn't belong anywhere near this list.

Lee's one of those guys who will probably be taken higher than most around here think. It's possible he could go in the 14-18 range.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Lee would only go higher because of size alone. He was terrible at WJC lasr year on a team with a terrible D. Extremely overated American. The truth is, he wasn't even invited to join the USNTDP team at the world 18 tourney. They took someone from SSM.

Rather Gingerly 1*

For some reason I have always like Marc Staal. I think he will eventually be the #1 d-man to come out of the '05 draft

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Laakso or Korhonen belongs in that list.

Hardworking hardheaded Laakso with nice offensive skills...

Physical monster with good puck skills in Korhonen.

One of them will be a first pairing defenseman in the NHL.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Mystic said:
Johnson
Staal
Bourdon
Parent
Mikkelson

I'd put Scott Jackson before Mikkelson. And yes, i do think Marc Staal is incredibly overrated.
Scott Jackson, along with Andrew Cogliano, might just turn out to be one of the steals of the 1st/2nd round.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
TMHUNH said:

You might be right about Lee. I think that people who don't think highly of him just haven't seen him play and/or are basing their opinions on the WJC's, which is a mistake. The kid was thrown into a no-win situation on that team and saw limited icetime.

Over at Young Guns Hockey here's our top 5 D-men (not really going out on a limb with the top 5 but that's how we see it):
Jack Johnson
Marc Staal
Ryan Parent
Luc Bourdon
Brian Lee

Kindl is the #11 D-man on our list (in the 2nd round).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->