Top 40 NHL prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
No one is afraid that Igor's injury will hurt his development??? I'd put him a tad lower, with an asterik. Once you sustain a major injury, it is very easy to develop a consistent injury problem related to that area. :/

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Leafaholix's Top 40!

1. Dion Phaneuf
2. Igor Grigorenko
3. Ryan Suter
4. Andrei Kastsitsyn
5. Jeff Carter
6. Zach Parise
7. Alexander Steen
8. Mike Richards
9. Igor Mirnov
10. Noah Welch
11. Mark Stuart
12. Keith Ballard
13. Jeff Woywitka
14. Hannu Toivonen
15. David LeNeveu
16. Josh Harding
17. Braydon Coburn
18. Alexander Perezhogin
19. Anthony Stewart
20. Thomas Vanek
21. Loui Eriksson
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Magnus Kahnberg
24. Valtteri Filppula
25. Robert Nilsson
26. Tomas Fleischmann
27. Ryan Whitney
28. Konstantin Pushkarov
29. Eric Fehr
30. Daniel Paille
31. Patrick Eaves
32. Jim Slater
33. Patrick O'Sullivan
34. Kirill Koltsov
35. Danny Richmond
36. Henrik Lundqvist
37. Steve Bernier
38. Tobias Enstrom
39. Jarkko Immonen
40. Rob Globke

Ryan Getzlaf should be alot higher. He's better than Mike Richards, and I'd probably put him higher than Steen. I also don't think Welch is a top ten prospect, and Cory Perry deserves to be on the list if Jarkko Immonen is. Vanek is also way too low.

leafaholix*

ducksflytogether said:
Ryan Getzlaf should be alot higher. He's better than Mike Richards, and I'd probably put him higher than Steen. I also don't think Welch is a top ten prospect, and Cory Perry deserves to be on the list if Jarkko Immonen is. Vanek is also way too low.
There's no way Getzlaf is better then Steen at this point in time.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Leafaholix said:
Leafaholix's Top 40!

1. Dion Phaneuf
2. Igor Grigorenko
3. Ryan Suter
4. Andrei Kastsitsyn
5. Jeff Carter
6. Zach Parise
7. Alexander Steen
8. Mike Richards
9. Igor Mirnov
10. Noah Welch
11. Mark Stuart
12. Keith Ballard
13. Jeff Woywitka
14. Hannu Toivonen
15. David LeNeveu
16. Josh Harding
17. Braydon Coburn
18. Alexander Perezhogin
19. Anthony Stewart
20. Thomas Vanek
21. Loui Eriksson
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Magnus Kahnberg
24. Valtteri Filppula
25. Robert Nilsson
26. Tomas Fleischmann
27. Ryan Whitney
28. Konstantin Pushkarov
29. Eric Fehr
30. Daniel Paille
31. Patrick Eaves
32. Jim Slater
33. Patrick O'Sullivan
34. Kirill Koltsov
35. Danny Richmond
36. Henrik Lundqvist
37. Steve Bernier
38. Tobias Enstrom
39. Jarkko Immonen
40. Rob Globke
Where is Christopher Higgins ?

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
montreal said:
Jessiman has great size and knows how to put the puck in the net, but I don't think he had a great year this season. I think Stempinak was one of the better players in the ECAC this year, but Jessiman is still a very good prospect and has a ton of upside. I have to think that the rangers sign him over the summer and put him in Hartford next year. (they could use his offense down there) As for his future, tough to say, but he's a scoring forward, so if he makes the NHL (and I think he will) he'll be a top 6. A solid 2nd liner or better, but I would think he'll need a year or so in the AHL to adapt to the schedule and much faster temp.
Thanks, I have heard rumblings that he was the next Bertuzzi. Do you think he has that potential? You guys gave him an 8 as a first liner, which I am happy with, but can he be an all-star? :dunno:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Broadway Crosby said:
Thanks, I have heard rumblings that he was the next Bertuzzi. Do you think he has that potential? You guys gave him an 8 as a first liner, which I am happy with, but can he be an all-star? :dunno:

I don't see Bertuzzi, but Bert also took a long time to really develop his game, imo, so there's hope for Jessiman. I don't know if he could be an all star or not, depends on how he continues to progress. I don't think he showed a lot of progression this year over last year, but to be fair I only saw him once. I do follow the NCAA closely especially the ECAC, so I have to defer to others. There's no doubt he's got a lot of upside, just needs to show what he can do at the next level.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
bobbyorr4ever said:
Moyzakin???

Is that Sergei (drafted by Blue Jackets I think)...

What's the deal with him? Is he THAT good? I thought he was another pint sized skilled runt russian...

Yes it's that Moyzakin. Yes he's small, but highly skilled. I only saw him play 2 games, but in those games he was the best player both times and scored 2 highlight reel goals in one game, and made some great passes in other. I don't know how he woudl do in the NHL, as he needs to improve his strength, but the skills are there, very gifted offensively.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Leafaholix said:
Leafaholix's Top 40!

1. Dion Phaneuf
2. Igor Grigorenko
3. Ryan Suter
4. Andrei Kastsitsyn
5. Jeff Carter
6. Zach Parise
7. Alexander Steen
8. Mike Richards
9. Igor Mirnov
10. Noah Welch
11. Mark Stuart
12. Keith Ballard
13. Jeff Woywitka
14. Hannu Toivonen
15. David LeNeveu
16. Josh Harding
17. Braydon Coburn
18. Alexander Perezhogin
19. Anthony Stewart
20. Thomas Vanek
21. Loui Eriksson
22. Ryan Getzlaf
23. Magnus Kahnberg
24. Valtteri Filppula
25. Robert Nilsson
26. Tomas Fleischmann
27. Ryan Whitney
28. Konstantin Pushkarov
29. Eric Fehr
30. Daniel Paille
31. Patrick Eaves
32. Jim Slater
33. Patrick O'Sullivan
34. Kirill Koltsov
35. Danny Richmond
36. Henrik Lundqvist
37. Steve Bernier
38. Tobias Enstrom
39. Jarkko Immonen
40. Rob Globke
Why no Jessiman? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Enoch said:
No one is afraid that Igor's injury will hurt his development??? I'd put him a tad lower, with an asterik. Once you sustain a major injury, it is very easy to develop a consistent injury problem related to that area. :/

As of the 23rd, he hadn't played in a single game in the Super league. I understand that he was a fantastic player, but he has done nothing this season to establish himself as a player of any kind.

Lets face it, I would expect it to take him at least another year to get into playing form. And it is way to early to evaluate him and his potential until he has been on the ice playing for a couple of months.

I believe in the benefit of the doubt, however, he hasn't done anything this season to earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->