Top 40 Forwads in the KHL

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
I will leave my top forwards in the KHL as of right now, i expect more big names coming soon (Svechnikov? Maltsev? Galchuenyuk?). I made this just for fun. Hope you guys enjoy this, if i am leaving behind good players who deserve more love just let me know.

1) Vadim Shipachov (Ak Bars Kazan)

He is not as dominant as his stats may suggest, but he is on pace to become the highest scorer in the history of the KHL. Despite his NHL fiasco, he is a brilliant hockey mind who sees the ice very well. He is probably the best passer in the KHL.

2) Alexander Radulov (Ak Bars Kazan)

He was, by far, the best player in Europe when he played for Salavat Yulaev Ufa and CSKA before leaving to the NHL for the second time in his career. Only his age can be a bit of a question mark. Other than that he is just too good for the KHL. No one in the league posseses his puck skills. His poor attitude was an issue in the past but according to everyone he is a changed man now.

3) Nikita Gusev (SKA)

Gusev is a hell of a passer but i think his time in the NHL hurt his confidence a little bit. He had a lot of trouble finishing plays in the NHL and last season had also a poor shooting %. I think he is lacking some confidence when it comes to shooting. Anyway he is a star and a top player in the league.

4) Mikhail Grigorenko (CSKA)

Grigo always leave me wanting more from him. He has elite traits but never seem to explode the way he should. He is an elite shooter, Sorokin said in a recent interview that he is the best shooter he has ever faced in his career. He should have a higher PPP, he has everything in order to dominate at this level.

5) Damir Zhafyarov (SKA)

Damir has had two fantastic seasons with Torpedo, but now, with Kuzmenko leaving SKA to play in the NHL, he has a big shoe to fill. He arrives to a big team and he will be asked to deliver a big task. He lacks size but has all the tools being a volume shooter and playing a fast paced style of hockey.

6) Konstantin Okulov (CSKA)

An underrated player, he is a clutch player who is very responsible and barely commit mistakes, has improved a lot his 200 ft game in the last two years and has very good puck skills. He does not have the recognition of Grigorenko in terms of name but a lot of times he outplays him.

7) Anton Burdasov (Traktor Chelyabinsk)

Burdasov has returned to Traktor, where it all started for him. He is a very gifted player with the size to impose, probably has the best wrist shot in the KHL. Traktor never won the league, what if the local kid bring the title to Chelyabinsk?

8) Nikolai Goldobin (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)

He is a wizard with the puck on his stick, sometimes he needs to simplify his game and not always try to be that fancy. Elite puck skills and one of the best offensive forwards in the league. MM tried to attach him for two more seasons but he wanted just one more season. I think he wants to return to the NHL in the 2023 2024 season.

9) Vladimir Tkachyov (Avangard Omsk)

Tkachev is returning to Russia after one season with the LA Kings organization. A very good offensive player with the skill to dominate games. He is a bit soft.

10) Corban Knight (Avangard Omsk)

He was fantastic last season in a team where other players were disappointing to say the least. I expect even more from him this season having Tkachyov playing the wing.

11. Anton Slephysev (CSKA)
12. Ryan Spooner (Dinamo Minsk)
13. Taylor Beck (Sibir Novosibirks)
14. Maxim Mamin (CSKA)
15. Jordan Weal (Dinamo Moscow)
16. Sergei Plotnikov (CSKA)
17. Stephen Da Costa (Yekaterinburg)
18. Brendan Leipsic (Metallug Magnitogorsk)
19. Alexei Khokhlachev (Spartak)
20. Stanislav Galiev (AK Bars Kazan)
21. Sergey Tolchinsky (Avangard Omsk)
22. Nikita Mikhailis (Barys)
23. Teemu Pulkinnen (Traktor Chelyabinsk)
24. Artem Anisimov (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl)
25. Dmitri Kagarlitsky (AK Bars Kazan)
26. Maxim Shalunov (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl)
27. Curtis Valk (Barys)
28. Nikolai Prokhorkin (SKA)
29. Brooks Macek (Yekaterinburg)
30. Shane Prince (Spartak)
31. Eric O'dell (Dinamo Moscow)
32. Brandon Kozun (Dinamo Minsk)
33. Nikita Soshinikov (Avangard Omsk)
34. Ivan Chechkovich (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl)
35. Reid Boucher (Avangard Omsk)
36. Josh Ho Sang (Salavat Yulaev Ufa)
37. Alexei Makeyev (Yekaterinburg)
38. Sergei Shirokov (Yekaterinburg)
39. Kirill Semyonov (Ak Bars Kazan)
40. Dmitry Rashevsky (Dinamo Moscow)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Anisimov, Gusev and Soshnikov kind of haven't even signed yet... Knight seems to be a bit too low, also I have a feeling Gritsyuk should be there somewhere.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I know it's hard to agree on these things but overall, feels like a pretty terrible list :laugh: Maybe if you provided criteria or something it would make sense but now just feels all over the place.

Last edited:

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
I know it's hard to agree on these things but overall, feels like a pretty terrible list :laugh: Maybe if you provided criteria or something it would make sense but now just feels all over the place.
Thank you lol, theres no specific criteria, just my top 40 ranked forwards in the league . These lists are never easy, but i have never found a list with the KHL players ranked and i thought it was a funny idea. I do not think is that bad lol

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's just really hard to figure out how, for example, Prokhorkin, whose value is borderline negative over the last few seasons, compares to Makeyev or Chibisov who have been excellent, and comes out on top. Soshnikov is another similar case. How is Maillet, Maginitka's 1C and leading scorer in the PO, not even on the list while both his linemates are in the top 20?

Overall, there seems to be massive bias towards

1) offense-only guys (Spooner, Beck 11-12, really?), even if that's somewhat understandable since points are a very tangible thing those guys produce on the ice
2) high-profile has-beens and might-have-beens of various degrees. Some of those (Radulov) might just be the matter of opinion but some others (like before mentioned Prokhorkin, by far the best example) seem to be overrated without any possible justification other than their supposedly back in the day possessed potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad