Top 30 for 2008

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
can you please post the rankings by ISS. I don't know where to get it.

No, it's a subscription-only thing and information like that isn't supposed to be distributed for free. I'm sure they'll put out their free top 10 early this fall on TSN and Hockey's Future.

Or maybe ISS will come on and he'll post it for you, but I doubt it since it's a pay product.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
If anyone here subscripts to ISS, please send me or anyone involved with this poll a PM, so I can work with it.

The reason I'm doing this is to train to be a professional scout with International Scouting Services.My Uncle and I took trips around the QMJHL to scout players and I did some reports for his NHL team (Sabres). One of my hometown friends T.J. Brennan was drated by Buffalo by the work of both of us. So please contribute as well as you can to help me become a pro scout.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
If anyone here subscripts to ISS, please send me or anyone involved with this poll a PM, so I can work with it.

The reason I'm doing this is to train to be a professional scout with International Scouting Services.My Uncle and I took trips around the QMJHL to scout players and I did some reports for his NHL team (Sabres). One of my hometown friends T.J. Brennan was drated by Buffalo by the work of both of us. So please contribute as well as you can to help me become a pro scout.

So you're going to train to be a scout by reading scouting service lists and patching them together with random opinions from people around these boards? Good luck with your career.

As far as your claims of having provided reports to NHL teams goes, I honestly hope you stand by it. Seeing people try to back up delusional claims is always good for a laugh around here.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002

Posting poorly researched lists based on information gathered on the Internet is a great way to "train" to be a pro scout from what I hear. :shakehead

If you want the ISS information, rather than groveling for someone to send it to you for free, why don't you subscribe to ISS, Red Line, etc., to get a better idea of what they do if that's what you want to do for a living.

http://www.isshockey.com/products.asp
http://redlinereport.com/index.php?option=com_facileforms&Itemid=29

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
1 stamkos
2 doughty
3 pietrangelo

Count me in as someone who thinks Wright is a tad overrated. All because some think he skates like Modano.

In fact, if Wright is on this list, so should McRae. Pretty good list otherwise.

I still like Skellett from Erie, Schmidt from Tri-City, and Lalonde from Belleville.

Last edited by a moderator:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Count me in as someone who thinks Wright is a tad overrated. All because some think he skates like Modano.

In fact, if Wright is on this list, so should McRae. Pretty good list otherwise.

I still like Skellett from Erie, Schmidt from Tri-City, and Lalonde from Belleville.

Thanks, but McRae is listed at 34th on my list.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but I don't think it's really a good idea to have a list numbered 1-60 or something like that before the season even starts. Although not a universal, what a lot of pro scouts have at this point is a general list made up of who looks like top 10 material, who looks like a later 1st round pick, who look like 2nd-3rd rounders and so on- in grouped lists.

This serves an important function. If you have players numbered 21-22-23-24 and so on, a slight shift in ranking becomes that much harder to do but in fact major shifts should be the order of the day early in the season. If you have players listed by sectional rankings, you can easily drop a player down a section without it looking or feeling "weird". Generally speaking, people who have every player set with a ranking early or at the neginning of the year tend to fall a little behind the times when play actually starts because they get psychologically "locked in" to a certain player's numerical position.

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
I don't want to rain on anybody's parade but I don't think it's really a good idea to have a list numbered 1-60 or something like that before the season even starts. Although not a universal, what a lot of pro scouts have at this point is a general list made up of who looks like top 10 material, who looks like a later 1st round pick, who look like 2nd-3rd rounders and so on- in grouped lists.

This serves an important function. If you have players numbered 21-22-23-24 and so on, a slight shift in ranking becomes that much harder to do but in fact major shifts should be the order of the day early in the season. If you have players listed by sectional rankings, you can easily drop a player down a section without it looking or feeling "weird". Generally speaking, people who have every player set with a ranking early or at the neginning of the year tend to fall a little behind the times when play actually starts because they get psychologically "locked in" to a certain player's numerical position.

you have made probably the best quote here. The guys at ISS demand lists from scouts in training by december 31st. I am making another list not the same as this, but i'm working through it. I don't have until the end of all these prospects seasons so i am working hard now so I'm not working so hard in december when I'm in school.

fullspeed

Jul 21, 2006
from the west

not sure of the east only guys yoou read about Cichy, montipete, murray, heney, and from the west Macintosh 6'5 D man that skates well and can shoot the puck, Tyler Myers another 6'5 D that can move and plays a tough Physical Game, Patrick wierchoch BBY Express can the promot another Great Young Defence man may be the most talented , Eric Mystery another 6'5 D from the Tri Citi americans Tyler Schmidt 6'1 Solid Leader Defernceman with the americans, mattew strong another big man Defenceman with the silvertips. I think this is a great year with defenceman wit some solid players Dale Hunt PG, Brandon Rowinski Cal, Rylan Schwartz ND Hounds, Kyle St Denis, is way to early remember on thing Turris wasnt yet ranked in the top 50 yet?lol........ look were he ended

ralphie86

Plays With Squirrels
Nov 21, 2006
Pennbrook University
David will have to wait an extra year before he gets to the NCAA. It looks like he will be playing in the USHL this year. Why he wouldnt want to report to Brandon who have a very good program and have churned out NHL prospects like crazy in the last few years is beyond me.

He verbally committed to North Dakota for 2008 last night, and said that he will be playing at Shattuck again this year.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=43615

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
where is he playing? i heard hes not goin back to shattuck. im guessing bchl?

David Toews picks UND
By Brad Schlossman, Herald Staff Writer
Published Thursday, July 12, 2007

Jonathan Toews turned pro about two months ago, but that won't be the last time Grand Forks sees a Toews in a Sioux jersey.

Jonathan's younger brother, David, gave a verbal commitment Wednesday to attend UND beginning in 2008.

"I called coach (Dave) Hakstol and told him that this is what I want. There's no reason to wait. I'm 100 percent committed to coming there," said Toews, a Winnipeg native. "I've always loved everything about North Dakota. Jon had a great experience and I'm really excited to play there."

David might not go No. 3 overall in the NHL draft like his brother, but he's set on carving his own identity. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound forward led Shattuck-St. Mary's prep team in scoring last season. . . . as a junior. . . . playing half of the season with a broken wrist.

Since 2001-02, other players to lead Shattuck in scoring are Tyler Ruegsegger (Denver freshman), Sidney Crosby, Zach Parise and Jonathan Toews.

"I try to be a goal scorer, but sometimes I'll rough it up in the corners," said David, who shoots right-handed. "I'm sort of a power forward. My brother and I play similar styles.

"A lot of people do (compare us). I try not to focus much on that. I focus on my game, take pointers that my brother and other people give me. As far as who is better at what that doesn't matter to us. We're working together to better ourselves."

At midseason, David was the fourth-leading scorer on his Shattuck team. A cast was removed from his wrist at Christmas and he caught fire in the second half.

David led the national midget tournament in scoring and helped Shattuck bring home the championship. The 17-year-old finished the season with 81 points (34 goals, 47 assists) in 61 games. Nobody else on his team had more than 70 points.

Recently, he was one of the only college-eligible players named to Team Canada's Under-18 camp. He will report in early August and will travel overseas for the tournament if he makes the squad.

Despite being drafted by Lincoln of the United States Hockey League, Toews said he will play his senior season at Shattuck before coming to UND.

"It's a relief to make the commitment, but I still have a lot of work to do before getting there," Toews said. "I'm going to keep working hard and stay focused so I'm able to make an impact as a freshman."

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Newer list

1. Steven Stamkos. Sarnia, OHL
2. Drew Doughty. Guelph, OHL
3. Zach Boychuk. Lethbridge, WHL
4. Nikita Filatov. CSKA Moscow, Russia
5. Colton Teuburt. Regina, WHL
6. Alex Pieterangelo. Niagara, OHL
7. Kirill Petrov. Ak Bars Kazan, Russia
8. Kyle Beach. Everett, WHL
9. Chris Doyle. PEI, QMJHL
10. Michael Del Zotto. Oshawa, OHL
11. Mikkel Bødker. Kitchener, OHL
12. Patrice Cormier. Rimouski, QMJHL
13. Colin Wilson. US NDTP, US
14. Jimmy Hayes. US NDTP, US
15. Zach Bogosian. Peterborough, OHL
16. Tyler Ennis. Medicine Hat, WHL
17. Yann Sauve. Saint John, QMJHL
18. Kelsey Tessier. Quebec, QMJHL
19. Jamie Arniel. Guelph, OHL
20. Luke Schenn. Kelowna, WHL
21. Vladimir Roth. London, OHL
22. Cody Hodgson. Brampton, OHL
23. Vyacheslav Voynov. Traktor Chelyabinsk, Russia
24. Johan Motin. Färjestads BK, Sweden
25. Tomi Karhunen. Jokipojat, Finland
26. Mitch Wahl. Spokane, WHL
27. David Toews. Shattuck, US HS
28. Jordan Eberle. Regina, WHL
29. Anton Gustafsson. Frolunda, Sweden
30. Kevin Poulin. Victoriaville, QMJHL
31. Brendan Arniel. Winnipeg, MJHL
32. Joakim Mattson. Linköping, Sweden
33. Mikhail Stefanovich. Quebec, QMJHL
34. Phillipe Cornet. Rimouski, QMJHL
35. Blaine Tendler, Prince Albert, WHL
36. Jaroslav Janus. Erie, OHL
37. Alexandre Neron. Rimouski, QMJHL
38. Nathan Moon. Kingston, OHL
39. A.J. Jenks. Plymouth, OHL
40. Thomas McCullum. Guelph, OHL
41. Phil McRae. London, OHL
42. Mattias Tedenby. HV71, Sweden
43. Marc Barbeiro. Moncton, QMJHL
44. Philip Larsen. Frolunda, Sweden
45. Jordan Skellet. Erie, OHL
46. Tyler Schmidt. Tri-City, WHL
47. Kevin Lalonde. Belleville, OHL
48. Richard Manley. US NDTP, US
49. Tyler Myers. Kelowna, WHL
50. James Wright. Vancouver, WHL
51. Mike Cichy. US NDTP, US
52. Harri Saterri. Tampere, Finland
53. Lance Bouma. Vancouver, WHL
54. Jan Kana. PEI, QMJHL
55. Andre Pettersson. HV71, Sweden
56. Joe Gleason. Minnesota, NCAA
57. Josh Bailey. Windsor, OHL
58. Braden Holtby. Saskatoon, WHL
59. Tyler Cuma. Ottawa, OHL
60. Dale Hunt. Prince George, WHL
61. Geordie Wudrick. Swift Current, WHL
62. Luke Adam. St. John's, QMJHL
63. Taylor Stefishen. Langley, BCHL
64. Brandon Rowinski. Calgary, WHL
65. Jordan Southorn. PEI, QMJHL
66. Mike Pelech. Toronto, OHL
67. Aaron Ness, Minnesota, NCAA
68. Rylan Schwartz. Notre Dame, SJHL
69. Matthew Strong, Everett, WHL
70. Kyle St. Denis. Vernon, BCHL
71. Neal Prokop. Moose Jaw, WHL

Not done yet, any suggestions, suggest.

Last edited:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
jaroslav janus, is he elgible this year, because birth cut off date is Sept. 16th and he is born sept. 21st. But they say he's elgible :confused: please correct.

Chinstrap

Jun 30, 2007
Newer list

1. Steven Stamkos. Sarnia, OHL
2. Drew Doughty. Guelph, OHL
3. Zach Boychuk. Lethbridge, WHL
4. Nikita Filatov. CSKA Moscow, Russia
5. Colton Teuburt. Regina, WHL
6. Alex Pieterangelo. Niagara, OHL
7. Kirill Petrov. Ak Bars Kazan, Russia
8. Kyle Beach. Everett, WHL
9. Chris Doyle. PEI, QMJHL
10. Michael Del Zotto. Oshawa, OHL
11. Mikkel Bødker. Kitchener, OHL
12. Patrice Cormier. Rimouski, QMJHL
13. Colin Wilson. US NDTP, US
14. Jimmy Hayes. US NDTP, US
15. Zach Bogosian. Peterborough, OHL
16. Tyler Ennis. Medicine Hat, WHL
17. Yann Sauve. Saint John, QMJHL
18. Kelsey Tessier. Quebec, QMJHL
19. Jamie Arniel. Guelph, OHL
20. Luke Schenn. Kelowna, WHL
21. Vladimir Roth. London, OHL
22. Vyacheslav Voynov. Traktor Chelyabinsk, Russia
23. Cody Hodgson. Brampton, OHL
24. Johan Motin. Färjestads BK, Sweden
25. Tomi Karhunen. Jokipojat, Finland
26. Mitch Wahl. Spokane, WHL
27. David Toews. Shattuck, US HS
28. Jordan Eberle. Regina, WHL
29. Anton Gustafsson. Frolunda, Sweden
30. Kevin Poulin. Victoriaville, QMJHL
31. Brendan Arniel. Winnipeg, MJHL
32. Joakim Mattson. Linköping, Sweden
33. Alexandre Neron. Rimouski, QMJHL
34. Mikhail Stefanovich. Quebec, QMJHL
35. Nathan Moon. Kingston, OHL
36. Blaine Tendler, Prince Albert, WHL
37. Phillipe Cornet. Rimouski, QMJHL
38. Phil McRae. London, OHL
39. Marc Barbeiro. Moncton, QMJHL
40. Thomas McCullum. Guelph, OHL
41. A.J. Jenks. Plymouth, OHL
42. Richard Manley. US NDTP, US
43. Mattias Tedenby. HV71, Sweden
44. Philip Larsen. Frolunda, Sweden
45. Jan Kana. PEI, QMJHL
46. Jordan Skellet. Erie, OHL
47. Tyler Schmidt. Tri-City, WHL
48. Kevin Lalonde. Belleville, OHL
49. Tyler Myers. Kelowna, WHL
50. James Wright. Vancouver, WHL
51. Harri Saterri. Tampere, Finland
52. Andre Pettersson. HV71, Sweden
53. Mike Cichy. US NDTP, US
54. Lance Bouma. Vancouver, WHL
55. Braden Holtby. Saskatoon, WHL
56. Tyler Cuma. Ottawa, OHL
57. Joe Gleason. Minnesota, NCAA
58. Josh Bailey. Windsor, OHL
59. Geordie Wudrick. Swift Current, WHL
60. Dale Hunt. Prince George, WHL
61. Luke Adam. St. John's, QMJHL
62. Jordan Southorn. PEI, QMJHL
63. Taylor Stefishen. Langley, BCHL
64. Brandon Rowinski. Calgary, WHL
65. Aaron Ness, Minnesota, NCAA
66. Mike Pelech. Toronto, OHL
67. Rylan Schwartz. Notre Dame, SJHL
68. Kyle St. Denis. Vernon, BCHL
69. Matthew Strong, Everett, WHL
70. Neal Prokop. Moose Jaw, WHL

Not done yet, any suggestions, suggest.

I've heard that Jimmy Hayes may be better than James van Riemsdyk. I'm probably way off base, but I'm just wondering why you have him so low?

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
ISS has Hayes No. 22, so that's about right.

For someone who thinks that ISS rankings should only be seen by those who pay for them (which I agree with;)), it confuses me as to why you keep posting about specific prospects and their '08 ISS rankings in this and other threads regarding the 2008 Draft.:dunno:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
I've heard that Jimmy Hayes may be better than James van Riemsdyk. I'm probably way off base, but I'm just wondering why you have him so low?

Guys I've talked to told me VanRiemsdyk will be a bust. If Hayes follows the same path, he will to, Hayes is taking a risk this year to complicate things for scouts that they'll have to list him high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->