Top 30 Euros of 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Hey great list Newfie Bruin, It's very hard to see any of these players untill the U-18's and WJC's....since Canada usually controls the U-17 championships.

What do you think of Anikeenko? I saw him once and he was the real deal IMO just on a bad team...any thoughts?

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Hey great list Newfie Bruin, It's very hard to see any of these players untill the U-18's and WJC's....since Canada usually controls the U-17 championships.

What do you think of Anikeenko? I saw him once and he was the real deal IMO just on a bad team...any thoughts?
It is very hard to make a good list without seeing half them play and next year will be a big year. As for Anikeenko, he is the real deal and many are comparing(including me) to Rob Blake. He's huge, he can hit, he can score, he can stop the opponents. What more can you ask!

Hey i just looked at your profile and im a day older than you

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Newfie Bruin said:
It is very hard to make a good list without seeing half them play and next year will be a big year. As for Anikeenko, he is the real deal and many are comparing(including me) to Rob Blake. He's huge, he can hit, he can score, he can stop the opponents. What more can you ask!

Hey i just looked at your profile and im a day older than you

Yeah Anikeenko is my favorite d-man for this draft, though I have not seen Kindl play yet. But Anikeenko I have been saying looks like the next Rob Blake since I seen him at the U17s in Newfoundland. He is a very hard hitter, awsome shot, great at both ends and makes good plays, good skater and is a super accurate passer and has great hands and ability to bring the puck down the ice, very aggressive...this guy has it all, I don't think you can ask for much more in a d-man. If anyone talks about his point production on the teams or Russia lossing so much it is because half the forward there don't play as a team and end up caughing the puck up with their showtime stick work causing odd man rushes and the system that they use looks disorganized as well. So their top players looked very good but the team kept lossing.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Korkki said:
My top 10 Finns (the order is not important at this point of the season). I think there is a big cap between the top three and the others.

- Teemu Laakso, D
- Tuukka Rask, G
- Risto Korhonen, D
- Perttu Lindgren, F
- Miika Lahti, F
- Jussi Peltomaa, F
- Erkka Leppänen, D
- Juho Mielonen, D
- Mika Halava, F
- Jarmo Jokila, F (an overager who should've been drafted last draft)

Top 4 of 2006 (all lateborn 1987)
- Jesse Joensuu, F
- Jonas Enlund, F
- Teemu Mustaniemi, F
- Oskar Osala, F

Who is the most physical Finnish defensemen? Any Pitkanens in the lot?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Korkki said:
My top 10 Finns (the order is not important at this point of the season). I think there is a big cap between the top three and the others.

- Teemu Laakso, D
- Tuukka Rask, G
- Risto Korhonen, D
- Perttu Lindgren, F
- Miika Lahti, F
- Jussi Peltomaa, F
- Erkka Leppänen, D
- Juho Mielonen, D
- Mika Halava, F
- Jarmo Jokila, F (an overager who should've been drafted last draft)

Top 4 of 2006 (all lateborn 1987)
- Jesse Joensuu, F
- Jonas Enlund, F
- Teemu Mustaniemi, F
- Oskar Osala, F

How about Mikko Lehtonen? I've heard he's a very good skater with lots of upside any opinions on him?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
montreal said:
How about Mikko Lehtonen? I've heard he's a very good skater with lots of upside any opinions on him?

He is awsome, at the U17s he was Finlands best, super tall, needs to put on weight but has super soft hands with the puck, great skater with awsome speed and a cannon of a shot. IMO he will top a top 2 round pick

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
moosefan said:
He is awsome, at the U17s he was Finlands best, super tall, needs to put on weight but has super soft hands with the puck, great skater with awsome speed and a cannon of a shot. IMO he will top a top 2 round pick

Thanks. This looks like it's going to be a good draft for the Finns next summer.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
montreal said:
Got to admit that I haven't seen him play yet. I hope he is in the Blues senior roster (I doubt) in next weekend's Pori tournament. I think Joensuu and Rask are the only 1987 players in senior team roster at the moment. However chances of either one taking regular job is quite minimal (in Rask's case being starter) though Joensuu has already played in 2nd line in a practise tournament.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I don't know where to put this.

Christoph Gawlik, the top German prospect for 2005 dislocated his shoulder again last week and now needs surgery and will miss 4-5 months. :eek:

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I just hope some NHL team will scout in France this season, with our new championship...
watch :
D Nicolas Besch (WJC Div1 best D-man last season), Rouen
F Pierre-Emmanuel Bellemare, Rouen
F Kevin Hecquefeuille
... and others... maybe one day, another French in the NHL... only 2 players drafted in NHL history, 2 in the NHL (3 if we count former Canadiens Bordeleau)...

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Thats a huge bummer!!! He was looking like a sureshot Top 20 pick. May be another Vladislav Evseev. Hopefully he plays well once he returns

CH Wizard

Cayouche5 said:
The Quebec Remparts will have a good offense next year with Josh Hennessy ( 19 y/o) ( Personnal Favorite ) Alexander Radulov ( 18y/o ), Gennady Chirulov ( 17y/o) and Max Gratchev (16y/o)

Gratchev, is he eligible for 05 or 06 ?

I just can't wait to see Radulov in action with the Quebec Remparts.

:gman:

CH Wizard

Is Sergei Kastsitsyn better then his brother ? (from what I've read I don't think so ) Anyone has a scouting report on him ?

I hope not.Look at Marian and Marcel Hossa.We picked Marcel

:shakehead

Was Marcel projected to be better then his brother ?

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
GermanGirl said:
I don't know where to put this.

Christoph Gawlik, the top German prospect for 2005 dislocated his shoulder again last week and now needs surgery and will miss 4-5 months. :eek:

That means he is probably gonna miss the U 20 World cup as well, not to mention it will be difficult to crack the Eisbaeren lineup missing first half of the season.
:cry:

Hopefully he can at least exercise and put on some extra strength during his injury layoff.

I see Gawlik dropping into the second round now.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I saw Kindl play yesterday (pre-season..... first North American game) - wow, just wow. Very, very good skater, strong, made the smart plays, stood a few guys up at the blue line, etc. He made a couple of mistakes, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a rookie. I can't wait to see how he progresses as he becomes more comfortable with our game. If they hadn't handed out programs, you wouldn't have known which player was playing in his first game.

Fredrik

Apr 22, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
moosefan said:
I still like Anikeenko more than any other Russian prospect, I can't speak for Kindl since I have not seen him play, but ANikeenko I have seen play and he is the best Russian I have seen for this draft and IMO is the NExt Rob Blake:

my Russians go:

Anikeenko
Chruirlov
Istomin
Buravchikov
Zharkov

What about Zubov? He's my pick as best Russian at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->