29. Vladimar Kovac G, Slovakia
30. Belov, Anton D, Russia

Last edited:

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
yes..he is eligible

"Belarus, meanwhile, boasts strong, physical LW Evgeni Zhylinski for 2004 and super-slick winger Siarhei Kastsitsyn for '05. And yes, Siarhei is the younger (and nearly as skilled) brother of Andrei, a huge Red Line favorite and Montreal's top pick last year."
Red Line Report: NHL's top draft prospects

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
could you describe the play of Chirulov ?

I haven't hear about him before the CHL import draft, you have him in the mid first round, so could he have a big impact in the QMJHL this year ?

thank you very much !

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The Quebec Remparts will have a good offense next year with Josh Hennessy ( 19 y/o) ( Personnal Favorite ) Alexander Radulov ( 18y/o ), Gennady Chirulov ( 17y/o) and Max Gratchev (16y/o)

Gratchev, is he eligible for 05 or 06 ?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Gratchev is a late '88 so he's '06 eligible. He's an interesting case because he's a dual-citizen (US/Russian) who lives in the US and has so far decided to represent Russia in international competition. I've never really heard of something like that before.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
cagney said:
Gratchev is a late '88 so he's '06 eligible. He's an interesting case because he's a dual-citizen (US/Russian) who lives in the US and has so far decided to represent Russia in international competition. I've never really heard of something like that before.

if he is a late (October to December) '88 he is a '07 eligible

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
cagney said:

Who's that Gratchev?
will he play in the Q this year ?
Could he have an impact at 16 ?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
reffree said:
Who's that Gratchev?
will he play in the Q this year ?
Could he have an impact at 16 ?

He played in the New England Prep leagues at Thayer Academy last year. He was named to the Massachusets team for this years select 16 festival but turned down the invitation. Instead, he went to play for a Russian select team that played against an All-Star team of '88 born players from the Toronto area. I remember hearing he was one of the better players on the Russian team but I don't know if the top Russians were on it. I don't remember him getting too much hype in US hockey circles before reading about his decision to play with Russia.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I expect Morten Madsen to go shockingly high... same goes for Marek Zagrapan. He's generated a lot of talk. I realize it's still too early, but that's my take right now.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
cagney said:
He played in the New England Prep leagues at Thayer Academy last year. He was named to the Massachusets team for this years select 16 festival but turned down the invitation. Instead, he went to play for a Russian select team that played against an All-Star team of '88 born players from the Toronto area. I remember hearing he was one of the better players on the Russian team but I don't know if the top Russians were on it. I don't remember him getting too much hype in US hockey circles before reading about his decision to play with Russia.

thank you very much !

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
From what I hear, I think Juho Mielonen should maybe be on the list (although I don't know much about him).

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
My top 10 Finns (the order is not important at this point of the season). I think there is a big cap between the top three and the others.

- Teemu Laakso, D
- Tuukka Rask, G
- Risto Korhonen, D
- Perttu Lindgren, F
- Miika Lahti, F
- Jussi Peltomaa, F
- Erkka Leppänen, D
- Juho Mielonen, D
- Mika Halava, F
- Jarmo Jokila, F (an overager who should've been drafted last draft)

Top 4 of 2006 (all lateborn 1987)
- Jesse Joensuu, F
- Jonas Enlund, F
- Teemu Mustaniemi, F
- Oskar Osala, F

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The consensus on these boards and in THE HOCKEY NEWS preview (in the 204 pre-draft issue) seems to have D-man Anikeenko as a potential #1 euro skater --he has been dubbed as perhaps the best D-man prospect for the NHL to ever come out of Russia --BUT why does Russianprospects.com only have hinm rated as the 6th best
Russian draft-eligible and only the #3 ranked Russian D-man for the draft? This seems to be a big discrepancy!

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
That as well through me for a loop. In trying to make this list that russianprospect article really made it tougher for me but I still believe he is the Top Euro in this class

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
oh my god..i cant believe i left him out. I even remember thinking of him in my Top 15 in Euros and i guess i forgot to add him. Thanks for bringing that up!

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I still like Anikeenko more than any other Russian prospect, I can't speak for Kindl since I have not seen him play, but ANikeenko I have seen play and he is the best Russian I have seen for this draft and IMO is the NExt Rob Blake:

my Russians go:

Anikeenko
Chruirlov
Istomin
Buravchikov
Zharkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad