Top 3 2006's draft ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
kingsjohn said:
I don't agree with you at all on that last part.

You don't think if an U.S. based team has a chance at either Frolik or Kessel they wouldn't take Kessel? I think its a virtual certainty they would, just for marketing purposes. As prospects they are very close, and it can be argued that Kessel is the better prospect anyway. If that's the case, why not take the player that would be a better fit as the face of the franchise?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Finnigan said:
If a GM believes that Frolik is the better talent, but drafts Kessel because of marketing opportunities, then he should be fired.

If you don't think that's a factor, especially with the precarious position the NHL is going to be in upon it's return you're nuts. Besides, we're not talking about two players that are far apart in terms of potential.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Doomsday Device said:
Like the way Tampa drafted David Legwand ahead of Vincent Lecavalier.

That's a fair point, although I think Lecavalier had more of a decided edge over Legwand than Kessel would have over Frolik (or the other way around).

Hockeycanada*

It looks like the 05 draft is stacked with Canadian talent. How does the 06 first round compare to the 05 in terms of Canadian players? I notice none of you have picked a Canadian kid in the top 4 or 5 of the draft. Is the 06 draft year deep for Americans?

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
Hockeycanada said:
It looks like the 05 draft is stacked with Canadian talent. How does the 06 first round compare to the 05 in terms of Canadian players? I notice none of you have picked a Canadian kid in the top 4 or 5 of the draft. Is the 06 draft year deep for Americans?

Okay, Brian Little should go fifth
1. Kessel
2. Frolik
3. Mueller
4. Joensuu
5. Little
6. Vasyunov

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I can see Erick Johnson of the NTDP as the top D-man in 2006. Brian Strait is another that could crack the first round. QUOTE=NYR469]who is the projected top dman?[/QUOTE]

Hockeycanada said:

I would expect there to be fewer Canadian players drafted in the first round based on what players have done this year.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
monster_bertuzzi said:
When exactly did you see him play?
Actually, I haven't. But my opinion is based on other people who has seen him play. It was not my point to say: "Maxwell is the worst player to ever play hockey" or something in that way. I'm very glad to see Maxwell ranked so high, I think he's a great player, and if he get's drafted at no. 7, or at 10 or 20, it's good. But I don't think he's good enough to make the top ten.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
my top 10 for 2006 looks like this:

1. Michael Frolik
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jesse Jouensuu
4. Peter Mueller
5. James Sheppard
6. Alexander Vasyunov
7. Brian Little
8. Jonathan Toews
9. Erik Johnson
10. Tomas Marcinko

I think the top d-men for the draft will be:
Erik Johnson
Ben Shutron
Jason Legault
Brian Strait
Matt Correntte
Joey Ryan
Kevin Montgomery
Trevor Glass
Chad Morin

maybe possibly in that order, I think Legault has the ability to explode next year and possibly be the top d-man in the draft cause when you have the size and skill he has but he just needs to polish his game off in which a good summer could do.

IMO the top goalie is a tie between:
J-C Blanchard of the Moncton Wildcats and Jonathan Bernier of Lewiston. Joesph Palmer from the USA also has the ability to be one of the top goalies selected as well but I think he was over hyped myself.

Last edited:

Spooky371*

I only have see Kessel and a little bit Frolik play.. please compare follwing player to NHL player :
Kessel, Frolik, Mueller, Joensuu, Little

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Thanks for that, that's what I thought. So, nobody sees Jordan Staal as a first-round pick in 2006? Seems to me he has a few things going for him: Pedigree, size at the center position, playmaking ability and he's raising his game in his first OHL postseason.

Am I wrong?

X-SHARKIE

Jag68Vlady27 said:
Thanks for that, that's what I thought. So, nobody sees Jordan Staal as a first-round pick in 2006? Seems to me he has a few things going for him: Pedigree, size at the center position, playmaking ability and he's raising his game in his first OHL postseason.

Am I wrong?

I promise you he will be a 1st round pick, could even sneak into the top 10. I really love his raw package and give him another year he could really blossum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad