Top 20 skaters 20 years and younger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Bonzai said:
The name of the thread is top 20 SKATERS 20 years and younger, not players. Unless I misinterpreted the meaning of the thread, Spezza is not one of the best skaters 20 or under. He's a fabulous player, but not the best skater out there. I put Semin and Eminger because they both skate like the wind.

Seeing how the topic starter mentioned Parise's attitude and size, I think he meant the word skaters in the sense of 'non-goalie players' :)

Hmm, Sanderson beat me to it...

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Call me a homer, but if we are talking about the best SKATERS 20 and under, then the Stars' Trevor Daley has to be on the list somewhere.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Nash and Spezza are wwwwway too high. Spezza is only slightly above average and Nash's weakest feature is his skating. Now I don't know whether he should be on the list, but Anthony Stewart supposedly can fly. He won the fastest lap at the OHL thing last year and he's really heavy too. :D

BlueJacketBoy

Dec 4, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Visit site
Nash tops my list.........for obvious reasons lol. But honestly, I favor him, Ilya, and Zherdev above all others. There's so many that I do like though. As far as the undrafted players go, I don't hold them very high right now, as I think it would be dumb to do so. Hype gets you nowhere in this league until you make something of it........(Daigle, Svitov.......). For the youngsters that are on the list that are in the NHL, I believe all are fantastic players and choosing one over the other is very hard simply for what each individual guy can bring. So I'll just play it safe and say I like 'em all.

st_roland

I meant skaters, as in forwards and defencemen, not goalies. I didn't mean those with the best skating ability. Lets see some lists!

BTW, heres 21-28:

21.Bouchard
22.Eminger
23.Gringorenko
24.Tjutin
25.Carlocaivo*sp
26.Semin
27.Lupul
28.Brown

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Good list IMO,

I would probably replace Michalek and Parise by Semin and Stewart.(very personal opinion)

Definatly, Spezza, Pitkanen and Hemsky should be higher.

BJ21

Sticky*

Weiss

Weiss should without a doubt be there. Yeah, je didn't play to well last year. Probably should have went back to Plymouth for one last year, but went to San Antonio and reeally worked at his game, and now with the Cats, he is really beginning to hit his stride.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Weiss is deceptivelty fast (Just ask Brendan Witt). Krajicek is an elite skater who is better than Horton.

Panthers in the top 25 should be

Bouwmeester around 3-5
Weiss around 12-15
Horton around 13-16
Krajicek around 10-13

FLA has fantastic skaters on their team. Novak is also a good skater but I don't know how good.
Zherdev should be #3-6.
Michalek is a great skater as is Parise.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
My List is based purely on how good these guys will be as NHLers:
1. Kovalchuk
2. Crosby
3. Nash
4. Ovechkin
5. Bouwmeester
6. Zherdev
7. Pitkanen
8. Spezza
9. Staal
10. Horton
11. Phaneuf
12. Suter
13. Weiss
14. Ruutu
15. Stewart
16. Michalek
17. Carter
18. Coburn
19. Parise
20. Vanek

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Christ. The number of people who can't grasp the correct definition of a skater is alarming.

Before anyone embarasses him or herself further: a skater, for those who've been following hockey, is someone who isn't playing at the goalie position.

It's been said 2-3 times already on this thread but apparently, a 4th time wouldn't hurt.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bonzai said:
Spezza doesn't belong on that list....try Eminger, or even Semin. Sorry homer-haters.

Oh you are off and so in denial. Spezza is playing well in his first full season and has established himself as a solid no 2 on one of the deepest offenses in the league. Plus he is close to the NHL's top 30 in scoring.

Semin (although I really like him) can't stay on one of the weakest teams in the league. As for Eminger, I don't even consider him as truely ready for NHL duties but has been thrown there because the Caps have the shallowest Deffence pool in the NHL.

I think you're a narrow-minded Caps fan. Am I wrong?

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bonzai said:
The name of the thread is top 20 SKATERS 20 years and younger, not players. Unless I misinterpreted the meaning of the thread, Spezza is not one of the best skaters 20 or under. He's a fabulous player, but not the best skater out there. I put Semin and Eminger because they both skate like the wind.

DUDE! "a skater" means a hockey player other than a goalie. A skater is a Centre, winger of Defenseman.

st_roland

espion said:
Oh you are off and so in denial. Spezza is playing well in his first full season and has established himself as a solid no 2 on one of the deepest offenses in the league. Plus he is close to the NHL's top 30 in scoring.

Semin (although I really like him) can't stay on one of the weakest teams in the league. As for Eminger, I don't even consider him as truely ready for NHL duties but has been thrown there because the Caps have the shallowest Deffence pool in the NHL.

I'm a caps fan too, and if GMGM got a call from muckler offering Spezza for Semin, he'd take it in a heartbeat. Spezza is a great 2nd line forward now, and has the potential to be a top 10 player in this league. Semin is another russian with a ton of offensive potential and not much interest in defense. He looks good though, really good, but I think theres a small possibility he could never be a player. The one thing I really like about Semin is his attitude. Hes been jerked around alot, and he hasn't complained, just has kept producing.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
big_steve said:
My List is based purely on how good these guys will be as NHLers:
1. Kovalchuk
2. Crosby
3. Nash
4. Ovechkin
5. Bouwmeester
6. Zherdev
7. Pitkanen
8. Spezza
9. Staal
10. Horton
11. Phaneuf
12. Suter
13. Weiss
14. Ruutu
15. Stewart
16. Michalek
17. Carter
18. Coburn
19. Parise
20. Vanek

Go make your pick already on the Mock Draft board....check Ur PM's :p

st_roland

espion said:

For the record, Semin is amazing, and i'm guessing you havent seen him play. The only reason he wasn't on the ice every game is because Cassidy was a peabrain. He and eminger are both under 20 and looking like that belong, with the occasional flash of brillance. I've read in many prospect reviews that Eminger has the potential to be a #1 d-man in this league, and from what I've seen personally, Semin could very likely be a 80-90 point scorer in this league when fully mature. So I'll answer for my fellow cap fan. You're wrong about him being a narrow minded caps fan.

Gordon Howe is #1

Dec 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
I don't understand why Vanek is even on anyone's list. Has anyone who actually has seen him play been impressed by him? He is a liability on the ice. He has a great shot, but no other skill at all. Parise should be on all lists around 15 or so, we will all see why the Sabres blew another draft and the Devils got the steal of the century.

Sammy*

Gordon Howe is #1 said:
I don't understand why Vanek is even on anyone's list. Has anyone who actually has seen him play been impressed by him? He is a liability on the ice. He has a great shot, but no other skill at all. Parise should be on all lists around 15 or so, we will all see why the Sabres blew another draft and the Devils got the steal of the century.
Question is, have you ever seen him play? He's got unbelievable moves & he's twice the size of your boy.
The only thing your boy has on him is he is a harder worker. Every other aspect of Vaneks game is superiour.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Sammy said:
Question is, have you ever seen him play? He's got unbelievable moves & he's twice the size of your boy.
The only thing your boy has on him is he is a harder worker. Every other aspect of Vaneks game is superiour.

I know I'd rather have the harder worker than the lazy slug, who's more likely to listen to their coach, and who's more likely to adapt to what is going on around him on the opponents' side of the puck the lazy slug or the hard worker?

Sammy*

Seven_Nation_Army said:
I know I'd rather have the harder worker than the lazy slug, who's more likely to listen to their coach, and who's more likely to adapt to what is going on around him on the opponents' side of the puck the lazy slug or the hard worker?
I dunno, I kinda liked Mario, even if he was a lazy guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad