Top 20 Prospects Lists - Averaged

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It’s been discussed a few times - each of us posting our own lists now that we’re done with doing polls one by one. I’ll then average the lists when we’re done.

How it’ll work (the rules):
•We’ll do a Top 20. Feel free to go beyond 20 but only the first 20 will count.
•A player ranked 1st will earn 20 pts, 2nd = 19 pts…20th = 1 point. Anyone not ranked or 21 or after will earn 0 points.
•Deadline is midnight (Central/STL time) Sunday September 10th. That gives people a week and a half to post their rankings.
•Change your mind and want to tweak the list you’ve already posted? Go for it! Just do it before the 9/10 deadline.
•Criteria for who is and who isn’t a prospect will be the same as Stupendous Yappi’s individual polls - under age 25 or 65 NHL games played. So Neighbours is considered a prospect; Perunovich, McGing, Bitten etc are not.
•Please be respectful in your critiques of others lists. We all have differing opinions and criteria for how we rank and value players.

Did I miss anything? If so, let me know and I can edit this post.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’ll start:

1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Stenberg
4. Dean
5. Bolduc
6. Hofer
7. Neighbours
8. Lindstein
9. Buchinger
10. Alexandrov
11. Pekarcik
12. Tucker
13. Zherenko
14. Burns
15. Loof
16. Koromyslov
17. Gaudet
18. Dickinson
19. Kessel
20. Robertsson
21. Kaskimaki
22. Vorobyov
23. Stancl
24. Malmstrom
25. Fischer
26. Peterson
27. Beck
28. Skinner
29. Laferriere
30. Cranley
31. Mayich
32. Susuyev
33. Baikabutuka
34. Abramov
35. Washkurak
36. Sim
37. Ellis

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
1. Dvorsky
2. Hofer
3. Snuggerud
4. Bolduc
5. Stenberg
6. Lindstein
7. Dean
8. Neighbors
9. Buchinger
10. Pekarcik
11. Alexandrov
12. Zherenko
13. Tucker
14. Gaudet
15. Koromyslov
16. Loof
17. Vorobyov
18. Stancl
19. Dickinson
20. Kessel

ToastedRavioli

Jun 29, 2023
1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Bolduc
4. Dean
5. Stenberg
6. Lindstein
7. Neighbours
8. Hofer
9. Alexandrov
10. Buchinger
11. Zherenko
12. Tucker
13. Pekarcik
14. Burns
15. Robertsson
16. Kaskimaki
17. Kessel
18. Dickinson
19. Loof
20. Koromyslov

HM: Gaudet, Beck, Stancl, Fischer, Peterson, & Vorobyov

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Okay, here I go with mine:

1. Dalibor Dvorsky. (Dvorsky is the easiest choice of the lot. We're talking a big and skilled high-end first-line center who can provide offense and defense. Only question is when he comes here, not if.)

2. Jimmy Snuggerud. (Second easiest choice. Snuggerud's a big, physical scoring winger, potentially first line 30+ goal scorer who provides a solid penalty kill as well.)

3. Zachary Bolduc. (Now it gets harder. It's tempting to put Stenberg or Lindstein here, but Bolduc's shine hasn't worn off for me; we're talking a potential 40+ goal scorer at his peak with his ability, and he's proven that he can penalty kill as well.)

4. Otto Stenberg. (I see a bit of Steen in Stenberg, but more skilled. Went back and forth between him and Lindstein, but I went with a for-sure second-line winger who wouldn't look the least bit out of place on the first line, who plays a 200 foot game.)

5. Theo Lindstein. (Lindstein's a potential low-end number one or high-end number two defenseman. Easy choice for me to put here. Reminds me of a smaller Bouwmeester with his skating and defensive utility coming out.)

6. Jake Neighbours. (While I love Dean, and while Buchinger is nipping at their heels, Neighbours wins out for his solid all-around game and his solid lunchpail attitude, and I'm rather bullish on his offense improving with more time.)

7. Zach Dean. (It's a toss-up between Dean and Buchinger, but the former wins out; he could very well win a middle-six center job. He's physical, skilled, just a solid middle-six center.)

8. Michael Buchinger. (This is the last of the potential blue-chip tier - sorry, not sorry for not including Hofer as of yet; I don't trust goalies - prospects. Buchinger could be an offensive dynamo, a potential powerplay quarterback, and were he to improve defensively, potentially a number three defenseman.)

9. Joel Hofer. (Okay, I can't delay any further; Hofer's got more potential to be a number one goalie than the others have to reach theirs. He's solid positionally and knows how to handle the puck. Would be an easy upgrade over Binnington, and if it were up to me, I'd jettison Binnington's contract into the sun and go with him and Zherenko.)

10. Nikita Alexandrov. (Alexandrov has absolutely nothing left to prove in the AHL; he's a potential middle-six center on a worse team, but a bottom-six center with offensive skill on a good team.)

11. Simon Robertsson. (Robertsson is boom or bust, but I'm going with the boom. He has an excellent shot, middle-six potential, but most likely an offensively-oriented bottom-six winger. Will he come over is the question.)

12. Juraj Pekarcik. (Pekarcik is just so damn young; he won't turn eighteen until mid-September. He could be anything from a top-line winger to a bottom-six, so I don't feel comfortable ranking him above most others. But I'm going to bank on him improving.)

13. Leo Loof. (Loof is criminally underrated. He could be a potential number four defenseman once he learns the American rinks. He's physical, mean, will not give ground, and while he'll likely never provide much offensive firepower, a career as a Hjarmalsson player wouldn't be out of the question.)

14. Arseny Koromyslov. (Koromyslov's only here because I'm not sure if he comes over, but if he does, I'll be the happiest girl in the world. He's a great skater, has solid offensive potential, and is responsible defensively. Could end up being a number three defenseman at his peak.)

15. Vadim Zherenko. (Now I'll rank Zherenko. Honestly think we hit a home run in the seventh with him; I like him almost as much as Hofer, but he's proven less. He'll stick in the NHL as long as he wants.)

16. Marc-Andre Gaudet. (MAG's a very savvy offensive-defenseman. He has a great shot, sees the ice very well. He's an older prospect, so he'll need to make his mark in the AHL first. I don't think he'll break out with us, though; we're too deep.)

17. Quinton Burns. (Burns is like most of the mid picks in last year's draft: far too young to see what he can really do. He had a promising u18 season, but I'll wait and see what he does. He has solid offensive potential, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ends up breaking out this year.)

18. Nikita Susuyev. (Susuyev was rated a third round talent with his offensive skills. He has high offensive IQ, a ridiculous shot, knows where his teammates are. He won't come over until 26/27, if he comes over at all, but if he does, and if he improves his lackadaisical defense, he could be a steal.)

19. Aleksanteri Kaskimaki. (Kaskimaki's a bottom-six center with some skill. He'll need to figure out what role he'll have to be if he comes over, but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on.)

20. Paul Fischer. (Like Burns, Fischer is far too young as a defenseman to see what he'll bring to the table. He's solid defensively, allowed his teammates to take more risks, and he maybe has a bit of offensive potential. We'll see what he does at college.)

21. Tyler Tucker. (Yes, Tucker has nothing left to prove in the AHL, but unlike Alexandrov, I don't see much potential in Tucker. He's not the best skater, he doesn't have the offensive chops for a bigtime role in that department, and while he's extremely tough to play against, I don't think his defensive ability is better than someone like Loof or Koromyslov.)

22. Jakub Stancl. (Stancl is a big kid with room to grow. He's also a very young mid-round pick, and thus, I can't rate him too highly, but I love his defensive utility. Maybe he ends up climbing the rankings if his offense improves? Who knows?)

23. Tanner Dickinson. (Dickinson's always been fast, and he was having a breakout year in the OHL before his leg injury. Now he's back, but will he have the speed that made him so highly touted? If he answers that question positively, I could see him rise. If not, he'll wash out; he simply doesn't have many more translatable skills.)

24. Ivan Vorobyov. (I love what Vorobyov has done in the team camp, but while he's got offensive skill, he's still a liability defensively, and his offensive skills aren't nearly as good as Susuyev's or some of the others to justify it. Maybe he ends up being an offensively-oriented bottom-sixer, but I don't see it with us. I'd be glad to be wrong, though!)

25. Matt Kessel. (Kessel is also close to the NHL like Tucker, but while he's the best right-handed defensive prospect in our system, that really isn't saying much; we're very weak there. He has solid offensive ability, but I don't think he's good enough defensively to make it very far with our team.)

26. Noah Beck. (Beck is just below Kessel. Offensively, he may be even better than Kessel; he's put his college team on his back with many timely goals. But I worry about his defense, and of course, the NHL - even the AHL - is very much different than the NCAA. He'll be one to keep an eye on.)

27. Dylan Peterson. (Peterson may not even be signed; he's been a disappointment as a third round pick in his college career. Still, his team's very deep, and he's been utilized as a solid defensive bottom-six center so maybe that's the reason why? We may or may not sign him, but it's going to take an exceptional year for him to get consideration.)

28. Mattias Laferriere. (Laferriere has been a good soldier for our organization, a solid bottom six winger with decent offense, but he's never going to make the NHL unless he gets a cup of coffee with us or some other team like McGing got. Still, you need those types in your organization, so I have no problems with him.)

29. Keann Washkurak. (Washkurak suffers from "jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none" syndrome. He's okay at everything, but doesn't have one trait like the ones above him to really propel him to the NHL. He's your average fourth line center, maybe only a bottom six career AHLer. It's certainly not a horrible thing, but it's not going to get him listed here.)

30. Anton Malmstrom. (While Malmstrom did get an ELC, I don't see much potential in him. I really don't. He's a big kid, good defensively, but we have so many better players ahead of him, and so many better players coming up behind him that I don't see much potential in him to stick with us for very long. Even if we didn't have those players, I just don't see the defensive potential like Loof, Koromyslov, or even Fischer.)

31. Jeremie Biakabutuka. (Biakabutuka is a big right-handed shot who looked atrocious at prospect camp. Somehow, we signed him to an ELC, which, I suppose, does no harm, but I don't really see him as a serious prospect unless he drastically improves in all facets of the game. Still, he was gotten for basically free, so let's just see what he can do, even though I don't expect much?)

32. Landon Sim. (Sim was a nepotism pick in the sixth round, a flyer. Thus far, he really hasn't broken out with his team like I thought he could, so he's staying down here. He hasn't really put up points, hasn't stood out, and probably will not be signed to an ELC by us. But he's got one overage year left.)

33. Matthew Mayich. (I'm gonna be frank: I hated this pick, even as a sixth round flyer. Mayich simply doesn't do anything well other than fighting, and pure enforcers, especially pure defensive enforcers, are being slowly squeezed out of the game. I wanted Aiden Celebrini and/or Dylan Roobroeck, both of whom showed far more potential and fit a far bigger need (a physical right-handed defenseman or a 6'7" center). Just a frustrating pick, and unless he shows me something more than just taking fighting penalties, I'll continue to rank him around the bottom.)

34. Mikhail Abramov. (A throw-in by Toronto in the O'Reilly trade, Abramov really is nothing more than a career AHL winger, maybe even less. Maybe he gets a cup of coffee with some team eventually, but I really don't see it with him.)

35. Hunter Skinner. (The throw-in for the Tarasenko trade, he has a cool name, but is probably even more of an AHLer than Abramov. He's a right-handed defenseman, sure, but not exactly the type to go goo-goo eyes over. I don't think he re-signs with us at the end of his contract, and I wouldn't be surprised if he bounced around the AHL.)

36. Colton Ellis. (Goalies. Can't live with them, can't live without them, right? Ellis is an ECHL goalie right now, and he'll never be something with us. Hell, I don't think he's going to be something at all, but hey, Binnington made it from the ECHL. Maybe he succeeds due to past junior success?

37. Will Cranley. (Cranley is at the bottom of my rankings. He's never really had success in juniors, never really stood out at camp. He's just...there, and isn't really that good.)

Now as a wild card, you have Isaac Ratcliffe: a 6'6" former second round winger for the Flyers. He has a PTO with us, and a backup contract with the Chicago Wolves. If he makes it on our fourth line, I'd sandwich him between Vorobyov and Kessel, prospect-wise; you can't teach 6'6", and he's close to making the NHL. Maybe he didn't have the offense that Philly wanted, but he's not a bad player.

So, yeah, that's my admittedly-amateur take on all 37 (38?) Blues prospects. Next year, with more picks added to the system (thus far, we have a first, two seconds, two thirds, a fourth, a fifth, and a seventh, with potentially more being added with trades in Vrana, Kapanen, and potentially others - possibly a defenseman?), so it's a very, very exciting time to be a Blues fan, even if we don't win a Stanley Cup this year.

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
01 Dalibor Dvorsky
02 Jimmy Snuggerud
03 Otto Stenberg
04 Joel Hofer
05 Zack Bolduc
06 Zach Dean
07 Theo Lindstein
08 Jake Neighbours
09 Michael Buchinger
10 Juraj Pekarcik
11 Nikita Alexandrov
12 Quinton Burns
13 Leo Lööf
14 Arseni Koromyslov
15 Tyler Tucker
16 Vadim Zherenko
17 Simon Robertsson
18 Aleksanteri Kaskimäki
19 Marc-Andre Gaudet
20 Tanner Dickinson
21 Matthew Kessel
22 Paul Fischer
23 Jakub Stancl
24 Nikita Susuyev
25 Anton Malmström
26 Dylan Peterson
27 Mathias Laferrière
28 Noah Beck
29 Mikhail Abramov
30 Ivan Vorobyov
31 Colten Ellis
32 Hunter Skinner
33 Keean Washkurak
34 Matthew Mayich
35 Jérémie Biakabutuka
36 Landon Sim
37 Will Cranley

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Okay, here I go with mine:

1. Dalibor Dvorsky. (Dvorsky is the easiest choice of the lot. We're talking a big and skilled high-end first-line center who can provide offense and defense. Only question is when he comes here, not if.)

2. Jimmy Snuggerud. (Second easiest choice. Snuggerud's a big, physical scoring winger, potentially first line 30+ goal scorer who provides a solid penalty kill as well.)

3. Zachary Bolduc. (Now it gets harder. It's tempting to put Stenberg or Lindstein here, but Bolduc's shine hasn't worn off for me; we're talking a potential 40+ goal scorer at his peak with his ability, and he's proven that he can penalty kill as well.)

4. Otto Stenberg. (I see a bit of Steen in Stenberg, but more skilled. Went back and forth between him and Lindstein, but I went with a for-sure second-line winger who wouldn't look the least bit out of place on the first line, who plays a 200 foot game.)

5. Theo Lindstein. (Lindstein's a potential low-end number one or high-end number two defenseman. Easy choice for me to put here. Reminds me of a smaller Bouwmeester with his skating and defensive utility coming out.)

6. Jake Neighbours. (While I love Dean, and while Buchinger is nipping at their heels, Neighbours wins out for his solid all-around game and his solid lunchpail attitude, and I'm rather bullish on his offense improving with more time.)

7. Zach Dean. (It's a toss-up between Dean and Buchinger, but the former wins out; he could very well win a middle-six center job. He's physical, skilled, just a solid middle-six center.)

8. Michael Buchinger. (This is the last of the potential blue-chip tier - sorry, not sorry for not including Hofer as of yet; I don't trust goalies - prospects. Buchinger could be an offensive dynamo, a potential powerplay quarterback, and were he to improve defensively, potentially a number three defenseman.)

9. Joel Hofer. (Okay, I can't delay any further; Hofer's got more potential to be a number one goalie than the others have to reach theirs. He's solid positionally and knows how to handle the puck. Would be an easy upgrade over Binnington, and if it were up to me, I'd jettison Binnington's contract into the sun and go with him and Zherenko.)

10. Nikita Alexandrov. (Alexandrov has absolutely nothing left to prove in the AHL; he's a potential middle-six center on a worse team, but a bottom-six center with offensive skill on a good team.)

11. Simon Robertsson. (Robertsson is boom or bust, but I'm going with the boom. He has an excellent shot, middle-six potential, but most likely an offensively-oriented bottom-six winger. Will he come over is the question.)

12. Juraj Pekarcik. (Pekarcik is just so damn young; he won't turn eighteen until mid-September. He could be anything from a top-line winger to a bottom-six, so I don't feel comfortable ranking him above most others. But I'm going to bank on him improving.)

13. Leo Loof. (Loof is criminally underrated. He could be a potential number four defenseman once he learns the American rinks. He's physical, mean, will not give ground, and while he'll likely never provide much offensive firepower, a career as a Hjarmalsson player wouldn't be out of the question.)

14. Arseny Koromyslov. (Koromyslov's only here because I'm not sure if he comes over, but if he does, I'll be the happiest girl in the world. He's a great skater, has solid offensive potential, and is responsible defensively. Could end up being a number three defenseman at his peak.)

15. Vadim Zherenko. (Now I'll rank Zherenko. Honestly think we hit a home run in the seventh with him; I like him almost as much as Hofer, but he's proven less. He'll stick in the NHL as long as he wants.)

16. Marc-Andre Gaudet. (MAG's a very savvy offensive-defenseman. He has a great shot, sees the ice very well. He's an older prospect, so he'll need to make his mark in the AHL first. I don't think he'll break out with us, though; we're too deep.)

17. Quinton Burns. (Burns is like most of the mid picks in last year's draft: far too young to see what he can really do. He had a promising u18 season, but I'll wait and see what he does. He has solid offensive potential, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he ends up breaking out this year.)

18. Nikita Susuyev. (Susuyev was rated a third round talent with his offensive skills. He has high offensive IQ, a ridiculous shot, knows where his teammates are. He won't come over until 26/27, if he comes over at all, but if he does, and if he improves his lackadaisical defense, he could be a steal.)

19. Aleksanteri Kaskimaki. (Kaskimaki's a bottom-six center with some skill. He'll need to figure out what role he'll have to be if he comes over, but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on.)

20. Paul Fischer. (Like Burns, Fischer is far too young as a defenseman to see what he'll bring to the table. He's solid defensively, allowed his teammates to take more risks, and he maybe has a bit of offensive potential. We'll see what he does at college.)

21. Tyler Tucker. (Yes, Tucker has nothing left to prove in the AHL, but unlike Alexandrov, I don't see much potential in Tucker. He's not the best skater, he doesn't have the offensive chops for a bigtime role in that department, and while he's extremely tough to play against, I don't think his defensive ability is better than someone like Loof or Koromyslov.)

22. Jakub Stancl. (Stancl is a big kid with room to grow. He's also a very young mid-round pick, and thus, I can't rate him too highly, but I love his defensive utility. Maybe he ends up climbing the rankings if his offense improves? Who knows?)

23. Tanner Dickinson. (Dickinson's always been fast, and he was having a breakout year in the OHL before his leg injury. Now he's back, but will he have the speed that made him so highly touted? If he answers that question positively, I could see him rise. If not, he'll wash out; he simply doesn't have many more translatable skills.)

24. Ivan Vorobyov. (I love what Vorobyov has done in the team camp, but while he's got offensive skill, he's still a liability defensively, and his offensive skills aren't nearly as good as Susuyev's or some of the others to justify it. Maybe he ends up being an offensively-oriented bottom-sixer, but I don't see it with us. I'd be glad to be wrong, though!)

25. Matt Kessel. (Kessel is also close to the NHL like Tucker, but while he's the best right-handed defensive prospect in our system, that really isn't saying much; we're very weak there. He has solid offensive ability, but I don't think he's good enough defensively to make it very far with our team.)

26. Noah Beck. (Beck is just below Kessel. Offensively, he may be even better than Kessel; he's put his college team on his back with many timely goals. But I worry about his defense, and of course, the NHL - even the AHL - is very much different than the NHL. He'll be one to keep an eye on.)

27. Dylan Peterson. (Peterson may not even be signed; he's been a disappointment as a third round pick in his college career. Still, his team's very deep, and he's been utilized as a solid defensive bottom-six center so maybe that's the reason why? We may or may not sign him, but it's going to take an exceptional year for him to get consideration.)

28. Mattias Laferriere. (Laferriere has been a good soldier for our organization, a solid bottom six winger with decent offense, but he's never going to make the NHL unless he gets a cup of coffee with us or some other team like McGing got. Still, you need those types in your organization, so I have no problems with him.)

29. Keann Washkurak. (Washkurak suffers from "jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none" syndrome. He's okay at everything, but doesn't have one trait like the ones above him to really propel him to the NHL. He's your average fourth line center, maybe only a bottom six career AHLer. It's certainly not a horrible thing, but it's not going to get him listed here.)

30. Anton Malmstrom. (While Malmstrom did get an ELC, I don't see much potential in him. I really don't. He's a big kid, good defensively, but we have so many better players ahead of him, and so many better players coming up behind him that I don't see much potential in him to stick with us for very long. Even if we didn't have those players, I just don't see the defensive potential like Loof, Koromyslov, or even Fischer.)

31. Jeremie Biakabutuka. (Biakabutuka is a big right-handed shot who looked atrocious at prospect camp. Somehow, we signed him to an ELC, which, I suppose, does no harm, but I don't really see him as a serious prospect unless he drastically improves in all facets of the game. Still, he was gotten for basically free, so let's just see what he can do, even though I don't expect much?)

32. Landon Sim. (Sim was a nepotism pick in the sixth round, a flyer. Thus far, he really hasn't broken out with his team like I thought he could, so he's staying down here. He hasn't really put up points, hasn't stood out, and probably will not be signed to an ELC by us. But he's got one overage year left.)

33. Matthew Mayich. (I'm gonna be frank: I hated this pick, even as a sixth round flyer. Mayich simply doesn't do anything well other than fighting, and pure enforcers, especially pure defensive enforcers, are being slowly squeezed out of the game. I wanted Aiden Celebrini and/or Dylan Roobroeck, both of whom showed far more potential and fit a far bigger need (a physical right-handed defenseman or a 6'7" center). Just a frustrating pick, and unless he shows me something more than just taking fighting penalties, I'll continue to rank him around the bottom.)

34. Mikhail Abramov. (A throw-in by Toronto in the O'Reilly trade, Abramov really is nothing more than a career AHL winger, maybe even less. Maybe he gets a cup of coffee with some team eventually, but I really don't see it with him.)

35. Hunter Skinner. (The throw-in for the Tarasenko trade, he has a cool name, but is probably even more of an AHLer than Abramov. He's a right-handed defenseman, sure, but not exactly the type to go goo-goo eyes over. I don't think he re-signs with us at the end of his contract, and I wouldn't be surprised if he bounced around the AHL.)

36. Colton Ellis. (Goalies. Can't live with them, can't live without them, right? Ellis is an ECHL goalie right now, and he'll never be something with us. Hell, I don't think he's going to be something at all, but hey, Binnington made it from the ECHL. Maybe he succeeds due to past junior success?

37. Will Cranley. (Cranley is at the bottom of my rankings. He's never really had success in juniors, never really stood out at camp. He's just...there, and isn't really that good.)

Now as a wild card, you have Isaac Ratcliffe: a 6'6" former second round winger for the Flyers. He has a PTO with us, and a backup contract with the Chicago Wolves. If he makes it on our fourth line, I'd sandwich him between Vorobyov and Kessel, prospect-wise; you can't teach 6'6", and he's close to making the NHL. Maybe he didn't have the offense that Philly wanted, but he's not a bad player.

So, yeah, that's my admittedly-amateur take on all 37 (38?) Blues prospects. Next year, with more picks added to the system (thus far, we have a first, two seconds, two thirds, a fourth, a fifth, and a seventh, with potential more being added with trades in Vrana, Kapanen, and potentially others - possibly a defenseman?), so it's a very, very exciting time to be a Blues fan, even if we don't win a Stanley Cup this year.

very nicely done.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I count 25 that I think have reasonable shot at making NHL. I'm not saying all will have an NHL career, but I don't see anyone else that I think has more than minimal chance of doing so. Many of the following will. This is how I rank them tonight, knowing that a month or 2 from now it may differ:
  1. Dvorsky
  2. Snuggerud
  3. Neighbours
  4. Stenberg
  5. Lindstein
  6. Dean
  7. Hofer
  8. Bolduc
  9. Burns
  10. Pekarcik
  11. Buchinger
  12. Zherenko
  13. Tucker
  14. Kaskimaki
  15. Gaudet
  16. Alexandrov
  17. Koromyslov
  18. Loof
  19. Kessel
  20. Stancl
  21. Robertsson
  22. Fischer
  23. Dickinson
  24. Mayich
  25. Susuyev

Reactions: Reality Czech

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Bolduc
4. Hofer
5. Stenberg
6. Dean
7. Neighbours
8. Lindstein
9. Buchinger
10. Alexandrov
11. Pekarcik
12. Dickinson
13. Zherenko
14. Koromyslov
15. Loof
16. Burns
17. Tucker
18. Gaudet
19. Kessel
20. Vorobyov
21. Kaskimaki
22. Robertsson
23. Susuyev
24. Fischer
25. Mayich

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Bolduc
4. Dean
5. Stenberg
6. Lindstein
7. Neighbours
8. Hofer
9. Alexandrov
10. Buchinger
11. Zherenko
12. Tucker
13. Pekarcik
14. Burns
15. Robertsson
16. Kaskimaki
17. Kessel
18. Dickinson
19. Loof
20. Koromyslov

HM: Gaudet, Beck, Stancl, Fischer, Peterson, & Vorobyov

I endorse this one.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Stenberg
4. Dean
5. Bolduc
6. Hofer
7. Neighbours
8. Lindstein
9. Buchinger
10. Alexandrov
11. Pekarcik
12. Tucker
13. Zherenko
14. Burns
15. Loof
16. Koromyslov
17. Dickinson
18. Stancl
19. Vorobyov
20. Kaskimaki
21. Robertsson
22. Kessel
23. Gaudet
24. Malmstrom
25. Fischer
26. Peterson
27. Beck
28. Skinner
29. Laferriere
30. Cranley
31. Mayich
32. Susuyev
33. Baikabutuka
34. Abramov
35. Washkurak
36. Sim
37. Ellis

Last edited:

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Bolduc
4. Hofer
5. Stenberg
6. Dean
7. Neighbours
8. Lindstein
9. Buchinger
10. Alexandrov
11. Pekarcik
12. Dickinson
13. Zherenko
14. Koromyslov
15. Loof
16. Burns
17. Tucker
18. Gaudet
19. Kessel
20. Vorobyov
21. Kaskimaki
22. Robertsson
23. Susuyev
24. Fischer
25. Mayich
I don't know enough about our pool beyond what I believe to be the top 10, so I am endorsing this list as it most accurately represents how I'd list my top 10. If BleedBlueForever is on the same wavelength as I am for the top 10 then I trust his 11-20.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Bolduc
4. Stenberg
5. Neighbours
6. Hofer
7. Dean
8. Lindstein
9. Buchinger
10. Burns
11. Robertsson
12. Loof
13. Zherenko
14. Alexandrov
15. Tucker
16. Koromyslov
17. Gaudet
18. Kaskimaki
19. Kessel
20. Pekarcik
21. Dickinson
22. Vorobyov
23. Stancl
24. Susuyev
25. Peterson

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Snuggerud
Dvorsky
Neighbours
Stenberg
Dean
Hofer
Bolduc
Buchinger
Alexandrov
Tucker
Lindstein
Burns
Pekarcik
Kaskimaki
Kessel
Zherenko
Loof
Vorobyov
Dickinson
Gaudet

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
1. Dvorsky
2. Snuggerud
3. Stenberg
4. Lindstein
5. Dean
6. Bolduc
7. Neighbours
8. Hofer
9. Alexandrov
10. Buchinger
11. Pekarcik
12. Tucker
13. Zherenko
14. Burns
15. Kessel
16. Robertsson
17. Stancl
18. Gaudet
19. Loof
20. Biatabutuka

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
1) Dvorsky
2) Snuggerud
3) Hofer
4) Stenberg
5) Bolduc
6) Lindstein
7) Dean
8) Neighbors
9) Pekarcik
10) Alexandrov
11) Tucker
12) Zherenko
13) Buchinger
14) Kessel
15) Burns
16) Robertsson
17) Kaskimäki
18) Koromyslov
19) Loof
20) Stancl
21) Dickinson
22) Vorobyov
23) Gaudet
24) Susuyev
25) Fischer

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I count 25 that I think have reasonable shot at making NHL. I'm not saying all will have an NHL career, but I don't see anyone else that I think has more than minimal chance of doing so. Many of the following will. This is how I rank them tonight, knowing that a month or 2 from now it may differ:
  1. Dvorsky
  2. Snuggerud
  3. Neighbours
  4. Stenberg
  5. Lindstein
  6. Dean
  7. Hofer
  8. Bolduc
  9. Burns
  10. Pekarcik
  11. Buchinger
  12. Zherenko
  13. Tucker
  14. Kaskimaki
  15. Gaudet
  16. Alexandrov
  17. Koromyslov
  18. Loof
  19. Kessel
  20. Stancl
  21. Robertsson
  22. Fischer
  23. Dickinson
  24. Mayich
  25. Susuyev
It's been nearly 2 months since we did original lists. If I were to update it, I think I had Neighbours, Hofer, and Burns too high and Bolduc, Buchinger, and Loof too low. Most everyone else feels about right, at least as of now.

Reactions: Xerloris

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
It has been a couple of months since we went through this exercise, and I was curious how other posters feel about their rankings with the information we have from the new (albeit partial) season. Here is how I would adjust my Top 13 at the moment. I haven't seen or read enough about anyone below that level to have formulated a different opinion.

New - Original

Dvorsky 1. Dvorsky
Neighbours 2. Hofer
Snuggerud 3. Snuggerud
Bolduc 4. Bolduc
Stenberg 5. Stenberg
Lindstein 6. Lindstein
Hofer 7. Dean
Zherenko 8. Neighbors
Pekarcik 9. Buchinger
Dean 10. Pekarcik
Tucker 11. Alexandrov
Buchinger 12. Zherenko
Alexandrov 13. Tucker

Reactions: Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I didn't weigh in before the season started but this list feels about right for now:

01 Dalibor Dvorsky
02 Jimmy Snuggerud
03 Otto Stenberg
04 Zack Bolduc
05 Theo Lindstein
06 Jake Neighbours
07 Zach Dean
08 Joel Hofer
09 Juraj Pekarcik
10 Michael Buchinger
11 Vadim Zherenko
12 Leo Lööf
13 Quinton Burns
14 Nikita Alexandrov
15 Tyler Tucker
16 Arseni Koromyslov
17 Aleksanteri Kaskimäki
18 Marc-Andre Gaudet
19 Simon Robertsson
20 Matthew Kessel

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Neighbors slides up a spot or two.
Zherenko moves up three.

The ready are about the same.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
My new rankings top 15 and who they remind me of.

1 Dvorsky (Top Line C, Horvat)
2 Snuggerud (Top line Winger, A way more skilled Saad)
3 Bolduc (Middle 6 Winger, Perron)
4 Stenberg (Middle 6 Winger, Steen)
5 Neighbours (Middle 6 Winger, Schenn)
6 Lindstein (Top 4 LHD, Pietro-lite)
7 Buchinger (Top 4 LHD, Dunn)
8 Pekarcik (Middle 6 Winger, Not sure yet)
9 Hofer (Starter or 1A Tandem)
10 Z (Starter or 1A Tandem)
11 Dean (3rd Line C, Barbie)
12 Loof (3rd Pair LHD, Polak)
13 Burns (Bottom 4 LHD, not sure yet)
14 Tucker (6th or 7th D-man, Scandella-lite)
15 Kessel (6th or 7th D-man, poor man's Dunn)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad