Top 20 offensive defenseman prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I do believe the Hawks have #1(Barker), #3(Byfuglien) and #4(Seabrook) in points for defensemen in the WHL :yo:

You're my boy Bubba :bow:

Last edited:

Clutch Mediocrity

May 8, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
www.4thegame.com
BuppY said:
not in a order, just random list:

Ryan Suter
Dion Phanuef
Cam Barker
Brent Seabrook
Braydon Coburn
Andrej Meszaros
A.J. Thelen
Keith Ballard
Denis Grebeshkov
Kirill Koltsov
Alex Goligoski
Dennis Wideman
Noah Welch
Ladislav Smid
Johan Fransson
Shawn Belle
Jeff Woywitka
Ryan Whitney
Ian White

I'm very surprised to see of those names yet Colaiacovo being excluded. And by a Leaf fan at that.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Well, Lukas Krajicek has played a few games.

I know no NHL games though.

Krajicek is one of the top 3 offensive dmen "prospects" in the game. HIs offensive skills are second to just about none, but he does have defensive issues.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i would really look at tyutin as a top offensive defenseman prospect either...he's a little tough to pin down but in the end, more of a two-way guy than offensive player. he has a ton of skill but the only time he's put up great numbers was when he tore it up playing for guelph for one year

i always see him as the kind of guy who could put up a bunch of points if he made the concious decision to play a more offensive game, but rarely does so, preferring to play the two-way game instead.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Newfie Bruin said:
How about Lars Jonsson. He is projected to be the next Kim Johnsson if he continues his solid play

Offence is his game.

Clip of Lars HERE!

His goal is the 2nd one. Beautiful speed and control of the puck on the goal.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Blueshirt13 said:
If a Rangers' prospect would make the list, I think it would be Pock though so far in the AHL, injuries have hindered him. Last year with the Rangers and in college he put up a ton of points after moving from wing to D.

How could Pock make the list and Tyuting be left out, though?

Pock looks like Poti to me... not writing him off, just a preliminary analysis. But I see him as a top 4 d-man... meanwhile Tyutin is considered to be the best defense prospect from Russia in years.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Grebeshkov has played a couple games, too, so you might want to remove him from any potential lists too :)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
pöck looks (to me) like he'll do decent on the defensive end of things, he seems to have the desire to play in his own zone and do a good job. i dont' think he'll be as bad as people percieve poti to be

he also seems like he would probably play more offensively than tyutin, though tyutin is probably more skilled overall

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Yes, Tyutin should not make this list. And Pock is better offensively. I see no resemblance to Poti. Pock is a better skater, doesn't look stiff with the puck, etc.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Brett Skinner and Matt Carle definitely should be on this list. Both have been great offensively this year. Skinner leads all WCHA defenseman, and all NCAA Division 1 defenseman in points I believe with 19. Carle isn't too far behind with 6 goals and 16 points. Without these two guys, the pioneers wouldn't generate nearly the amount of offense they have this year. Watch out for both of them in the future.

Kasparov*

Whats the point of these threads if people just plug their favorite teams prospects

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Kasparov said:
Whats the point of these threads if people just plug their favorite teams prospects

Most people don't watch other teams prospects much, unless they're a big name like Phaneuf in which everyone watched him play.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Koltsov said:
Brett Skinner and Matt Carle definitely should be on this list. Both have been great offensively this year. Skinner leads all WCHA defenseman, and all NCAA Division 1 defenseman in points I believe with 19. Carle isn't too far behind with 6 goals and 16 points. Without these two guys, the pioneers wouldn't generate nearly the amount of offense they have this year. Watch out for both of them in the future.

While its nice to see fans of other teams give Carle some props...I wouldnt necessarily lump him in the top 20 offensive dman category. What you should expect from this kid is a good 4-5 defenseman with a sound two-way game. Not dominant on either side of the ice but good overall.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Doug Lynch deserves some mention. He put up some pretty decent stats in his rookie season in the AHL last year (11 goals, 36 points) and has a hard and accurate slapshot. I don't think he'll ever be a dynamite offensive player in the NHL but he has the ability to put up around 30-35 points eventually...

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Cerebral said:
Doug Lynch deserves some mention. He put up some pretty decent stats in his rookie season in the AHL last year (11 goals, 36 points) and has a hard and accurate slapshot. I don't think he'll ever be a dynamite offensive player in the NHL but he has the ability to put up around 30-35 points eventually...

I would have put him in my list but he's played 2 games with Edmonton ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad