Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Game Misconduct, Oct 31, 2003.
1. Ovechkin. and then . . .
I make a top 30 for each draft before the season, once mid season then once again before the draft happens. I'm a biased guy. I have likings to other players that scouts may not have. Heres my top 5 for the 2003 draft as of June 16th. 1. Fleury 2. Staal 3. Zherdev 4. Michalek 5. Horton
As you can see the scouts didn't agree with me even on my top 5. Anywho. My top 20. Hope you enjoy
1 Alexander Ovechkin F 6-2/200 Moscow
2. Cam Barker D 6-3/210 Winnipeg
3. Evgeni Malkin F 6-3/205 n/a
4. Rostislav Olesz F 6-2/205 Ostrava
5. Wojtek Wolski F 6-3/200 Zabze
6. Evan McGrath F 6-1/180 Oakville very underated
7. Rob Schremp F 6-0/200 Fulton The kids got the talent to be 2nd behind Ovechkin. But I just disllike the personality. Zherdev has a much better head on his shoulders for christ sake.
8. Lauri Tukonen F 6-2/195 Hyvinkaa
9. Devan Dubnyk G 6-5/180 Regina Last year at this time I didn't thik Fleury would go #1. Sure enough he did and he's showing us why. I think Dubnyk is going to higher by the end of the season.
10. Adam Pineault F 6-3/200 Holyoke
11. Wes O'Neill D 6-3/200 Essex
12. Ladislav Smid D 6-1/190 N/A
13. Johannes Salmonsson F 6-3/180 Uppsala, I know about the injurey but this kid has too much upside to say no.
14. Marek Schwarz G 6-0/175 n/a
15. Kevin Mailhiot F 6-1/185 Granby
16. Jakub Sindel F 6-0/170 Prague
17. Drew Stafford F 6-2/200 Faribault
18. Mike Card D 6-1/195 Penticton
19. Mark Fistric D 6-3/220 Edmonton
20. Enver Lisin F 6-1/180 n/a
The big steal of the draft so far is going to be a little guy name Dmitri ****ikov F 5-9/175
lol what a great name! ****ikov! But I'm sure its pronounced ****e-teh-kov or something.
With the kind of season he has so far, I highly doubt Mailhot will be picked in the first round.. He's been playing better as of late, judging by the stats, but anyway, he's still having a really bad season so far with 8 points in 20 games.
Drew Stafford related to Garrett Stafford?
I also been hearing he's been dissapointing. I have only seen him play once this season and he scored a goal and had an assist. He hasnt looked the same. Last year he looked great and hopefully he'll get going again. If not by the time January is done i'll have him out of there.
Actually his name is pronounced She-tee-kov.It will still be funny to see his name on a jersey.