top 10 rookies that will HELP this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
At this point in time, Plekanec is shoulders over Perezhogin. I think it wont be the case at the end of the season but Plekanec deserved some mentions there, he was a stud in preseason. Very impressed. More than Perezhogin, a LOT more.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
for the B's:

Alberts - probably solidify his spot as a top 4 dman early into the season - best guess 5-20-25 100 PIMS for the year - won't put up the big numbers but play a Barret Jackman type role on the B's.

Boyes - 23 but this will be his first full year (one way deal) He will get a very good look on the 2nd PP and possibly 1st line minutes on LW - he's a shifty player (I'm not sold on him but others with a lot more knowledge are so...) I expect 15-25-40 25 pims totals - not quite Calder but decent first year numbers.

Lehtonen will win the Calder
runners up - Ovechekin, Crosby

Crosby is the real deal but he's getting thrown in the deep end in Pittsburgh which is a bit unfortuante - you would think they would have learned with Fleury....

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Bochenski will help out the Senators as he is penciled in as the number 1 LW in the Spezza-Heatley line.

Vic Rattlehead*

bb74 said:
for the B's:

Alberts - probably solidify his spot as a top 4 dman early into the season - best guess 5-20-25 100 PIMS for the year - won't put up the big numbers but play a Barret Jackman type role on the B's.

Boyes - 23 but this will be his first full year (one way deal) He will get a very good look on the 2nd PP and possibly 1st line minutes on LW - he's a shifty player (I'm not sold on him but others with a lot more knowledge are so...) I expect 15-25-40 25 pims totals - not quite Calder but decent first year numbers.

Toivonen will now be with the Bruins, and he should do well at the backup position.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Unbiased Canadian said:
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Zach Parise - This kid is the real deal, great on both ends.
4. Kari Lehtonen
5. Jeff Carter
6. Brandon Bochenski - Heckuva shooter
7. Dion Phanuef
8. Mikko Koivo (sp?)
9. Mike Richards

note NO Thomas Vanek. I don't even think he'll stick on the Sabres this year.

GoneAway

Like I've said in many other posts, Chris Higgins for the Habs should be in the best of the rest.

He wont rack up crazy points like Ovechkin but he plays a very solid 2 way game.
He will surely help us on the PK and our overall depth.

TVanek26*

jiggs 10 said:
note NO Thomas Vanek. I don't even think he'll stick on the Sabres this year.

That's because you have a personal bias against Thomas Vanek and have been that way the past year :propeller

IceKatsRHot

Mar 14, 2003
Winter Park
www.hfboards.com
Would like an opinion from someone who isn't a Panther fan

If anyone has gotten the opportunity to watch Olesz these first two games? What are your thoughts and impressions?

To me, this is all I have gotten to see of him and in my opinion he is already our best player not named Luongo

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
after tonight: ill go with

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Kari Lehtonen (once healthy will dominate as long as he stays healthy)
4. Thomas Vanek
5. Dion Phaneuf
6. Jeff Carter
7. Mike Richards
8. Brent Seabrook (4 assists tonight, not thrilling hawk pp might lead him to emerging a ton this year)
9. Zach Parise
10. Milan Michalek

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
zetterberg40 said:
after tonight: ill go with

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Kari Lehtonen (once healthy will dominate as long as he stays healthy)
4. Thomas Vanek
5. Dion Phaneuf
6. Jeff Carter
7. Mike Richards
8. Brent Seabrook (4 assists tonight, not thrilling hawk pp might lead him to emerging a ton this year)
9. Zach Parise
10. Milan Michalek

If you watched the Hawk game tonight the Hawk rookie you would put up there is Pavel Vorobiev. Wow! The boy has some skills. Its pretty obvious watching him he wasnt recovered from the botched knee surgeries the last few years.

We saw nothing like this out of him prior to this year, this preseason and tonight, its like a completely new player. He has some sick skills. Now I see why he was so highly touted when we drafted him.

Jakethesnake

May 27, 2003
Sydney
Visit site
No one mentioning Olesz?? This guy has been awesome, when he plays some teams up north, everyones opinion will be changed. The biggest steal of the 2004 Draft.

Transported Upstater

DanielBriere48 said:
That's because you have a personal bias against Thomas Vanek and have been that way the past year :propeller

The Rochester Americans' jersey with Vanek's name on it is a thing of the past...

Transported Upstater

jimmyboehiem said:
I'm lokoing forward to seeing VANEK and MILLER in Buffalo.
That could be the best rookie tandem in the league.

JimmyB, are you from the 'Cuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad