3. Sidney Crosby
4. Tomas Vanek
5. Jeff Carter
6. Milan Michalek
7. Mikko Koivu
8. Jussi Jokinen
9. Fedor Tyutin
10. Chris Higgins

Im not sure about Latendresse/Brule as they still 18 and with the depth chart the sens have i dont know about Bochenski .

Last edited:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:
Thanks man,

and the additions that other people have mentioned are all great as well.

Is it just me or is this the best rookie class we've seen in a long-long time.
The Unbiased Canadian

We are not only getting two years worth but last years group have had an extra year to develop.

Nice posts by the way, you've improved in the last year yourself!

At least partly due to having to pay for all those beers at the Memorial Cup? :D

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Crosbyfan said:
We are not only getting two years worth but last years group have had an extra year to develop.

Nice posts by the way, you've improved in the last year yourself!

At least partly due to having to pay for all those beers at the Memorial Cup? :D

haha, still remember that hey!

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:
Top Ten rookies in importance to their club. This is not based on how many points they will have etc.

1. Alexander Ovechkin - The Caps have nothing else. Sorry Danius
2. Sidney Crosby - Marketability alone makes him an Auto #2 on my list.
3. Tomas Vanek - This kid is the real deal, he will lead Buffalo in goals.
4. Kari Lehtonen - Mike Dunham, puhlease, Lehts will Kari the Thrashers to the playoffs.
5. Jeff Carter - Should be a key contributer to the Flyers offense.
6. Brandon Bochenski - It looks like he will stick in Ottawa and play top 6.
7. Gilbert Brule - Not 100% sure if he'll stick, but if he does it will be for a reason.
8. Guy Latendresse - Hey I'm a Habs fan, he has to fit in somewhere, personally I want him to go back to junior for a year.
9. Jaroslav Balastik - An overage darkhorse, this first year NHLer has lead the Czech league in goal scoring for two years.
10. Dion Phanuef - The Flames have been waiting for him to arrive, now he has.

Honourable Mention
Mike Richards - Should be a key player on the Flyers
Getzlaf / Perry - One of these two should stick, if it was my choice, I'd keep both of them.
Good list, but I don't know much about Balastik or Latendresse. I also don't think that Brule will play in the NHL this season, but I could be wrong.

I would also add Olesz in there somewhere, as he has probably been the Panthers best all around forward in the pre-season. I wouldn't expect this to continue through the rest of the year, but he will surely have a good impact on the Panthers roster.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Another guy who is being over-looked is Ryan Miller. He is eligible for the Calder and I think that he has won the #1 job in Buffalo.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I think everyone is forgetting about <insert favourite prospect>. He could really surprise with <insert favourite team> this year

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Add: Clowe and Prucha as talented scorers on teams that will need them (Sharks, Rangers).

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
1.) Alexander Ovechkin
2.) Kari Lehtonen
3.) Sidney Crosby
4.) Tomas Vanek
5.) Mike Richards
6.) Dion Phaneuf
7.) Zach Parise
8.) Jeff Carter
9.) Fedor Tyutin
10.) Alexander Perezhogin

slosharksfan*

Dec 30, 2003
Chico
san jose has got three, Michalek , Goc, and Clowe. i think at least one of these players will put up some nice numbers

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
How is Cammelari not getting mentioned? He will be on the Kings top line and without being a homer I believe he is a shoo in for 55 points at least.

I am also suprised Getzlaf doesnt get a little more mention.

silver_made*

Seeing Olesz completely off of everyone's radar makes me quite happy actually.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Crosby's preseason was less than spectacular.....1 goal ???

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Ovechkin,Crosby,Phaneuf,Bochenski,Vanek,Carter,Parise,Michalek,Kesler,Getzlaf,Perry(if he stays). No particular order, Bochenski is on this list as he appears to have great chemistry with Heatley and Spezza. Latendresse,Bourdon,Kostsitsyn would also be on my list if they werent sent down.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I think the one guy whos on a few lists but will be a huge surprise is Mike Richards. When is this going to stop? Seriously he has put up relatively good numbers where ever he goes and people still are doubting his offence. I would be surprised to see him end the year with 40 pts and +20. This guys is going to be a future star in the NHL above alot of guys on this list. He may not be lighting the lamp as much as some guys but hes going to be a franchise quality player. Hes top 10 for sure.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
JimEIV said:
Crosby's preseason was less than spectacular.....1 goal ???
Don't forget his 1 intersquad goal! Incase you missed it, I'm sure TSN will be doing a 5 hour marathon of those two goals leading up to the first regular season game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->